Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No support for 3rd party app is a big problem
4276 25 2019-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spycorfu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1122989 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Just bought the smart controller and now I find out that only Dji go 4 works!
I need to litchi & drone deploy for mapping and they don’t work on the smart controller.

Dji go 4 does not offer any of the features of these 2 appplications, even the updated programmed flight mode is nowhere as good as the one in the litchi app.

If :rd party applications will never be supported then can I return the smart controller?
2019-2-27
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

I guess you can return it if you are still in the permissible return period for your country.  Or if consumer laws suggest that it does not suit the proper purpose.

From readings in various forums, it sounds as if the version of Android on the SC is somewhat limited and that may not change.  So don't expect it to work with all apps.  While it might, it also might NEVER work.
2019-2-28
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

It darn well better support 3rd party apps.  It's a specifically listed feature on the website.  After reading about the image issues on the M2P and now this, I'm beginning to regret the purchase I haven't received yet.  Hope that is not the case.

2019-2-28
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

The Roach Posted at 2-28 08:38
It darn well better support 3rd party apps.  It's a specifically listed feature on the website.  After reading about the image issues on the M2P and now this, I'm beginning to regret the purchase I haven't received yet.  Hope that is not the case.

[view_image]

It does NOT support the Google Play store and what is needed for a number of apps - Google Play Services.  It will be trial and error to determine that runs and what does not run.  It runs a limited version of the Android OS.  Whether or not that might change is speculation.

There are other discussions about these limitations in the forum.
2019-2-28
Use props
WRHershey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you try the apps from https://apkpure.com/? I use a number of them on the CrystalSky with good luck.
2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

This is always the painful lesson with "smart devices" and I got  jacked when the first Sony-Google smart TV came out... all the apps and the play store, none work on it anymore; basically factory reset it and use a roku stick to use it.  Factory reset won't even connect to Google.  It was the biggest rip-off ever and wished I was a Billionaire Lawyer because I would throw millions at a class action lawsuit for everyone who bought one.  Literally the apps on the box it came in... ZERO are compatible with it.   Like the ones pictured for this smart controller, prediction.... in very soon future some of the apps shown most likely won't update on this device either.  Better to stick with RC and attach universal screen.   
2019-2-28
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 960732 ft
United Kingdom

It darn well better support 3rd party apps.  It's a specifically listed feature on the website.  After reading about the image issues on the M2P and now this, I'm beginning to regret the purchase I haven't received yet.  Hope that is not the case.

[view_image]

What image issues with M2P are being reported?
2019-2-28
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 960732 ft
United Kingdom

Given how many people will be getting the device in future by default I'm expecting it purely a matter of time before important apps like Litchi and Pilot are updated to work on the SRC.

Android IS Android no matter how stripped back it's form. Installing previously Google play purchased apps like Litchi is difficult without Google play services installed, granted but given how popular and useful this device is / will be. It's just a matter of time.
2019-2-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’ve emailed Litchi regarding supporting SRC, they are waiting for dji to release SDK , they have said that they will configure as soon as they release,
Litchi can be downloaded from Amazon App Store .
2019-2-28
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sunstone Posted at 2-28 13:46
What image issues with M2P are being reported?

This is where I began.  Lots of info here.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165897&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D541%26typeid%3D541
2019-2-28
Use props
spycorfu
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

WRHershey Posted at 2-28 11:46
Did you try the apps from https://apkpure.com/? I use a number of them on the CrystalSky with good luck.

halo yes i have but Litchi does not support the smart controller yet.
Also apkpure and other similar pages are not to be 100% trusted as many Apps there are corrupted or have viruses etc.. only google play store or amazon store amongst others should be trusted to dowload Apps.
2019-2-28
Use props
WRHershey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

spycorfu Posted at 2-28 21:17
halo yes i have but Litchi does not support the smart controller yet.
Also apkpure and other similar pages are not to be 100% trusted as many Apps there are corrupted or have viruses etc.. only google play store or amazon store amongst others should be trusted to dowload Apps.

Up too you, but I have a series of apps from apk and all working great on CS
2019-3-1
Use props
spycorfu
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

WRHershey Posted at 3-1 14:35
Up too you, but I have a series of apps from apk and all working great on CS

maybe games and other non related to flying Apps work but the important ones like litchi and drone deploy nayming 2 do not work yet!
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for the inquiry. Third-party applications can be installed with our DJI Smart Remote controller, however, since it's a third-party application I'm afraid that we can't guarantee the performance of the app if this would work properly due to compatibility matter. You may refer to the image below. Thank you for understanding.

2019-3-2
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

It darn well better support 3rd party apps.  It's a specifically listed feature on the website.  After reading about the image issues on the M2P and now this, I'm beginning to regret the purchase I haven't received yet.  Hope that is not the case.

[view_image]

The funny thing about that screen shot is that DJI Pilot isn't supported yet.
2019-3-2
Use props
WRHershey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

spycorfu Posted at 3-1 21:53
maybe games and other non related to flying Apps work but the important ones like litchi and drone deploy nayming 2 do not work yet!

Actually, I don't play games on any device.  I have Litchi, it's been available since just before DjiGo4 was available for the M2, HD Sync, InShot video edit, Gboard, Amazon Market APKPure of course, File Commander, Google PDF Viewer, DJI Pilot, WhatsApp and WeChat. I have had other pilot apps but don't use them any more. I use DjiGo4 or DjiPilot for waypoints, suit all my needs. I installed FaceBook so I could stream live using my phone as a hotspot, and messenger, so now when I'm home I use my CrystalSky 8" Ultra as a regular tablet on WiFi.
2019-3-3
Use props
WRHershey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 3-2 12:06
The funny thing about that screen shot is that DJI Pilot isn't supported yet.

I use Pilot on my CS with M2Zoom with no problem.
2019-3-3
Use props
Bcor666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 437907 ft
Germany

Look at 0.47 :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Y2zVscTq4
685E2C6E-36A8-4562-9675-FC5576986497.png
2019-3-3
Use props
Indio
Captain
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

WRHershey Posted at 3-3 20:06
I use Pilot on my CS with M2Zoom with no problem.

how installed?
2019-3-4
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

WRHershey Posted at 3-3 20:06
I use Pilot on my CS with M2Zoom with no problem.

Yes, CrystalSky is no problem, but this topic is about the Smart Controller, not CrystalSky.
2019-3-4
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Pilot comes natively from DJI with the CrystalSky. It is not supported and does not work on the Smart Controller at the current time.  I expect it will at some point in the future, but not currently.
2019-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Roach Posted at 2-28 15:54
This is where I began.  Lots of info here.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165897&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D541%26typeid%3D541

I suppose reading about issues after you have purchased is a bit like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.
I’m amazed at people that read about all the problems and presume we are all having them.
2019-3-4
Use props
Indio
Captain
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

KlooGee Posted at 3-4 10:34
DJI Pilot comes natively from DJI with the CrystalSky. It is not supported and does not work on the Smart Controller at the current time.  I expect it will at some point in the future, but not currently.

ah CS, I overlooked
2019-3-5
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-4 12:07
I suppose reading about issues after you have purchased is a bit like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.
I’m amazed at people that read about all the problems and presume we are all having them.

I normally don't do that but like you, I have many DJI products, I know what to expect.  A lot of groaning and whining in the beginning.  Most issues solved by either forum members or firmware upgrade.   I knew I would like the bird either way but was curious what challenges were waiting.   I finally got the thing in the air a few days ago, for 20 minutes, and grabbed a handful of photos and a short vid.  Didn't pay too much attention to the video yet but I do have the softness issue at the corners.  Particularly the top right.  My lense is shifted towards the bottom left.  It's not horrible but it is there.  I'm not a photo pro so no big deal, I'm not selling photos.  To tell you the truth, I'm thinking I should have got the Mavic Enterprise with the dual cameras - one being FLIR.  
I'm always amazed at people who make assumptions concerning people's intentions.  
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_d0X7OSgZnx3R
New

United States

Bcor666 Posted at 3-3 23:25
Look at 0.47 :/

[Image]

Ah thats frustrating. So misleading...
2019-6-27
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

djiuser_d0X7OSgZnx3R Posted at 6-27 13:15
Ah thats frustrating. So misleading...

A lot of this thread is OLD.  At least, at the moment, you can install 3rd party apps after using a workaround to load the Google Play and associated modules.  And Litchi has now come out with a version, available on Amazon, that works.  Now, I wrote "at the moment" since one does not know if DJI or Google might close the method in the future.  But I've got google maps working along with gmail and some other 3rd party apps.  I don't have the link anymore since installing Win10 last week killed my Firefox archives.
2019-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules