Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released (2019/02/28)
12Next >
49843 79 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
Date: 2019.02.28
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0560
Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0200
DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.12
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.12

What’s New?
Aircraft:
  • Optimized battery level algorithm.

Notes:
  • Make sure you update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest 4.3.0 version or higher before updating the firmware.
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • This firmware update resets the camera settings.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

2019-2-28
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

will the camera down feature be included? I cant do this update till tonight, now I'm all fidgety!
2019-2-28
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I had to reinstall Win10 (comp 1773) as well as DJI Assist 1.2.4 (Mavic Air).
I was careful before installing Assist. disable the driver signing requirement.
Now that I had to update the firmware of M.Air (560) the following happens with Assist 1.2.4:

1) Recognize the Mavic Air - OK
2) Recognizing the Remote Control - NO
3) Update firmware 500 to 560 (4 batteries) - OK
4) Update NFZ (4 batteries) - NO (shutdown Assist)

Anyone have any suggestions?

PS: PARTIAL SOLVED ( LINK )
2019-2-28
Use props
djiuser_iCby8PEY0bYZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26175 ft

United States

Bill B Posted at 2-28 07:11
Not going to happen!! NO update being done on this sweet flying quad of mine. I'm sticking with what works! I am using dji go 4 app that is 3 releases old and my Air firmware is the latest one before this release, ( .400 i believe) and staying there. I get PERFECT results with my samsung s5. PLEASE do not update if all is working for you. You're just asking for trouble! There is sure to be a tightening of the NFZ noose as well

For the Air, I trust DJI, and for the record, I have no fears. All of the firmware updates have been installed as available without issue for the last year that I've flown the Air.
This latest update has just been done to my Air and controller. I flew briefly before posting to confirm all controls work.
Again: For my Air and all the updates until now, I can attest that the Air flies well and without issue or interruption. I have read the manual, and I know my settings, which vary from the default settings. I will reset my preferences before flying a couple of batteries worth over 15' F frozen beachfront. I'll report here what changed, if anything.
Mine is linked through the android HTC U12+, and I have used the HTC U11 before that. I have had zero issues flying, and have never crashed my Mavic Air. I bought my Air at introduction. I don't fly often, but I enjoy it a lot when I can fly.
I get not wanting to change what works. DJI made such a cool tool that I trust it can work even better. I also respect airspace needs, and trust that these updates can help me. I hope that if I fly near enough to private airports and helipads my Air is unlikely to fly into a flightpath.
2019-2-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not going to happen!! NO update being done on this sweet flying quad of mine. I'm sticking with what works! I am using dji go 4 app that is 3 releases old and my Air firmware is the latest one before this release, ( .400 i believe) and staying there. I get PERFECT results with my samsung s5. PLEASE do not update if all is working for you. You're just asking for trouble! There is sure to be a tightening of the NFZ noose as well

If new FW is a problem then just roll back to .400, it’s also being recommended by some before gps rollover to be on the latest FW, but I suppose if you don’t and have a problem, you can always update then.
2019-2-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Schmooit Posted at 2-28 01:41
will the camera down feature be included? I cant do this update till tonight, now I'm all fidgety!

It’s not in the FW notes, but who knows it could arrive with new app update .
2019-2-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bill B Posted at 2-28 11:06
Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens after the roll over. I was one of the thousands that bought a generator in the 1999 for y2k . That scare was full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Pretty sure we'll be OK.

Ah I don’t think so much to worry about this one, this is the third rollover, 1 every 19 years or so .
2019-2-28
Use props
djiuser_iCby8PEY0bYZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26175 ft

United States

We all agree, then. I appreciate when stuff works, and feel like waiting sometimes. There is a risk upgrading and updating any of these. The batteries get a significant update with this, as well. I'm quite impressed by the smart DJI batteries and the performance of the Air. Flying later today with 2 batteries to see if there is any noticeable change.
2019-2-28
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-28 10:40
It’s not in the FW notes, but who knows it could arrive with new app update .

Bugger and there was me thinking they might listen to us!  all those DJI assistant who passed on the comments to support , it the same as when I get junk mail ------> straight in the trash! not much point in bothering asking or creating comments on this type of dev if no one listens! Even a reply from engineering saying no we dont do requests so dont bother we only fix rather than enhance!

2019-2-28
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bill B Posted at 2-28 11:06
Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens after the roll over. I was one of the thousands that bought a generator in the 1999 for y2k . That scare was full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Pretty sure we'll be OK.

y2k was great for us IT contractors though people love to pay during a panic (they all wanted to served first) scare mongering is great marketing!
2019-2-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Schmooit Posted at 2-28 13:22
Bugger and there was me thinking they might listen to us!  all those DJI assistant who passed on the comments to support , it the same as when I get junk mail ------> straight in the trash!  not much point in bothering asking or creating comments on this type of dev if no one listens! Even a reply from engineering saying no we dont do requests so dont bother we only fix rather than enhance!

Well I suppose a lot of the time they do listen, but maybe they cannot give us everything we seek, this could still come with app update .

They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”
2019-2-28
Use props
tleonhar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6073 ft
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2-28 13:25
y2k was great for us IT contractors though people love to pay during a panic (they all wanted to served first) scare mongering is great marketing!

That was a good year for us IT guys. Got us some good new toys and a refresh on appliances and furniture.
2019-2-28
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-28 13:29
Well I suppose a lot of the time they do listen, but maybe they cannot give us everything we seek, this could still come with app update .

“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”

‘‘Tis true but it’s just one little thing and they say it’s the little things
2019-2-28
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-28 13:29

“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”

‘‘Tis true but it’s just one little thing and they say it’s the little things
2019-2-28
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tleonhar Posted at 2-28 14:26
That was a good year for us IT guys. Got us some good new toys and a refresh on appliances and furniture.

Yep big chunk towards the mortgage, now just need another one to pay for the Aston Martin
2019-2-28
Use props
fans10b139d5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 949619 ft
Italy

It would be better than controlling the radio - control connection, disappearing inaudiently sometimes... I don't fly with mavic air anymore, so it s not stable
2019-2-28
Use props
fans10b139d5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 949619 ft
Italy

Designed drones so effective, but I think we need to create a flight memory of mistakes! Beyond the fligth record needs a memory on sudden disconnections, I'm afraid I ve lost a drone because it's disconnected from the radio remote
2019-3-1
Use props
VisualeyesAerial
Captain
Flight distance : 5194856 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not going to happen!! NO update being done on this sweet flying quad of mine. I'm sticking with what works! I am using dji go 4 app that is 3 releases old and my Air firmware is the latest one before this release, ( .400 i believe) and staying there. I get PERFECT results with my samsung s5. PLEASE do not update if all is working for you. You're just asking for trouble! There is sure to be a tightening of the NFZ noose as well

The "NFZ noose" is for yours and everyone else's protection!  Why is that a problem for you?  Don't be irresponsible.
2019-3-1
Use props
VisualeyesAerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 2-28 09:33
I agree with your post. If you are all about updating each time ....do it. I used to be that way, but things have changed. I updated my mavic pro a year ago, and after I did the craft was unusable on my s5 The video pixilated out and was of no use to me. Luckily I have an Ipad air 2 and that devise has a bit more horsepower and it runs fine on that device. I have since downgraded my s5 to a version of dji go that is 3 releases old and all is well again. My point is, that if all is working, stay put. Or be ready to find that the current device and what you are accustomed to have working, might not after the update. As for the NFZ. I don't break the law either. BUT it is not DJIs place to limit where my quad will start or not. They can include the NFZs in the software and even make you accept responsibility for any and all flights you take. Weather you are in a NFZ or not. That absolves them from being liable and puts the consequences of your actions on you, the pilot. I spent a grand on each quad, let me fly it. I'm capable of understanding where I am flying, and the responsibility I have to the whole drone community. Don't punish me for the few waterheads out there.  Happy flying.

It's not DJI's place to tell you where to launch your drone?  WHAT?!?  Dude.....

Imagine the liability they'd have without it and some person causes some major damage/injury do to lack of safety integration!  Guess what's not being sold in the US without it?  Your drone!  Don't be silly!

It's hard to read your posts, and take you seriously when you say you respect airspace with comments like these!
2019-3-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

cant wait to test this out, havent been able to fly much all week..  ill prob sneak atleast a few runs out of my mavic air this afternoon if possible.   we under another winter storm watch
2019-3-1
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not updating just yet.
2019-3-1
Use props
Ulysses
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

Anyone tested?
2019-3-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

haven't been able to yet... missed my opportunity earlier today...

but i did update and the update reboots  during install and after... so means likely more than just a battery optimization update since an improved algorithm could just be injected in an a normal update just requires rebooting after install.  chances are that DJI has more going on with this update but only elected to tell us battery optimizations... likely more framework support for other things going on in this update..
2019-3-1
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi everyone

I also did the update ... everything seems fine
I will do further confirmatory tests these days
however I really like the DJI new Geofencinghere are the explanations
https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... XHmXjrCrrAk.twitter

Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 06.25.00.png

ALEX
AirButterlfyDrone.com

SkyPixel Airbutterflydrone
YouTube  https://www.youtube.com/c/AirButterflyDrone
Twitter AirButterflyDrone

2019-3-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

is it just me or does this update mess with vision system calibration...?  something seems weirdly off about vision system in latest update.   little bit of VPS drift + my obstacle avoidance system feels bit more.....lazy? i dont know right words for this but im not getting solid beeping more random chirping from it until im really close to an object.  and drifting and accuracy of height seems off with my VPS.. feels like my calibration got removed during update maybe.

i haven't dont a calibration because laptop im using i dont think actually good combo for the calibration... have to wait till im home where i got my normal monitors or TV to plug my laptop into.  but i just wanted to point this out..

also good news, i only flown 2 batteries, both of which are my thrashed around batteries, seems DJI has reworked the curve it doesn't feel like my power is falling off a cliff as my battery is getting weaker.. but i think what they have done so far as i can see from 2 abused batteries is they pushed the voltage to percentage curve up a bit.. so not digging as deep into the battery voltage as much when running out of power..this could mean some people may see less runtime out of their batteries in normal flight use cases but for the sake of longer life span of the battery so less damage to the cells, im guessing.  but again this is from 2 runs with trashed batteries and logical guess from what i seen.

2019-3-2
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Bill B Posted at 3-2 06:07
Sorry but you are wrong. It is not DJIs place to enforce these NFZs. They can add them to the map and suggest we don't fly there. And, again, as my previous post reads (if you read it) stated, HAVE THE PILOT check a box that make them (the pilot) responsible for EACH AND EVERY flight. Now DJI is off the hook there is no liability back to them for your actions. Ford motor company will sell you a Mustang that will go 140 MPH. you wrap your sorry ass around a tree (and it happens a lot) Ford is not held responsible for your actions. Use your head.

I think the same ... but
when it is forbidden, there is a reason ... perhaps not very understandable, maybe not shareable .... but anyway it's a law .
I mean ... if this trick, it will reduce the number of people who insist on flying (even if in safety) in the forbidden areas, so I say better like this ...
for example today I could not fly, because the new Geofancing covers an area near my house, right before the river ...
( before,  I was able to take off from here ... now no more ...)
so ... patience ... I have not lost much ...

especially if this will make me gain confidence from other people ... who already complain about privacy, do not know drones, and often blame everyone ...

I have always flown legally, respecting the laws, the people, the rights of others trying not to disturb the next ...

these new maps are made much better than the previous maps
consider the air routes of the airports better ... more details

everything had already been warned by DJI ...

(and maybe it would be better if they also applied some devices to cars that limit speed in urban centers, in the city ...
I would also be favorable to this ... at least they would stop running at full speed in front of my house ... where some kids are going through ... but that's another story ...)

the drones , we... pilots and drone lovers ...
we are still looking for our space in this period ...
we have to earn the trust of the people ...
this will perhaps allow us to speed up in this direction

this is what I think and hope
Alex
2019-3-2
Use props
VisualeyesAerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 3-2 06:07
Sorry but you are wrong. It is not DJIs place to enforce these NFZs. They can add them to the map and suggest we don't fly there. And, again, as my previous post reads (if you read it) stated, HAVE THE PILOT check a box that make them (the pilot) responsible for EACH AND EVERY flight. Now DJI is off the hook there is no liability back to them for your actions. Ford motor company will sell you a Mustang that will go 140 MPH. you wrap your sorry ass around a tree (and it happens a lot) Ford is not held responsible for your actions. Use your head.

You're missing the point.  It's a liability for DJI not to include this. Just by adding a "check box" doesn't clear DJI from any lawsuit.  It's much more than that.  There are a bunch of idiots out there.  Don't be one of them.
2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

VisualeyesAerial Posted at 3-2 08:58
You're missing the point.  It's a liability for DJI not to include this.  Just by adding a "check box" doesn't clear DJI from any lawsuit.  It's much more than that.  There are a bunch of idiots out there.  Don't be one of them.

ya it actually does clear DJI, as they arent the pilot..actually other way around, by imposing limitations, and functions of safety they created liability as if they malfunction and a crash occurs and causes damage as a result of the safety features malfunctioning they put themselves in a tough position..  just like if you decided to drive your car into an active airport and rundown a bunch of people because of some reason doesn't suddenly make the brand of vehical liable for your stupid actions.  however if the reasn you smashed threw the gates and ran obver people is because your Tesla autopilot malfunctioned and didnt failsafe properly and just swerved off the highway and into gat and threw a crowd of people...completely differant story...

but yes, long story short, DJI could remove themselves from position of libility by simple offering a tick box that user agrees they are in 100% control and DJI is no longer liabile for this aircraft during the remainder of the flight...if the user then crashes their mavic into a jet killing someone and logs are recovered, DJI doesnt have to say or do anything...the logs will say user disabled safety functions and thus removed liability.....dji can have someone prove and testify to that if it isnt clear enough...

2019-3-2
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-2 10:02
ya it actually does clear DJI, as they arent the pilot..actually other way around, by imposing limitations, and functions of safety they created liability as if they malfunction and a crash occurs and causes damage as a result of the safety features malfunctioning they put themselves in a tough position..  just like if you decided to drive your car into an active airport and rundown a bunch of people because of some reason doesn't suddenly make the brand of vehical liable for your stupid actions.  however if the reasn you smashed threw the gates and ran obver people is because your Tesla autopilot malfunctioned and didnt failsafe properly and just swerved off the highway and into gat and threw a crowd of people...completely differant story...

but yes, long story short, DJI could remove themselves from position of libility by simple offering a tick box that user agrees they are in 100% control and DJI is no longer liabile for this aircraft during the remainder of the flight...if the user then crashes their mavic into a jet killing someone and logs are recovered, DJI doesnt have to say or do anything...the logs will say user disabled safety functions and thus removed liability.....dji can have someone prove and testify to that if it isnt clear enough...

I believe that the companies that are more compliant with the regulations, are and will be more facilitated ...

maybe they will be able to participate more actively in meetings where the strategies regarding the regulations are established.

who of us has participated in the formation of the new EASA, FAA regulations?

let DJI work ...
important changes are happening ..
there are already new regulations ...
and soon other new ones will come ...

for what I can see ... soon  all we’ll use a permit, we would have a flight license and an insurance ... (like a motorcycle) ...
these major economic gains of institutions ... will open new scenarios ...
everything much more regulated ...
more expensive ...
but also a little more professional ... like BVLOS ;-)
2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 3-2 10:53
I believe that the companies that are more compliant with the regulations, are and will be more facilitated ...

maybe they will be able to participate more actively in meetings where the strategies regarding the regulations are established.

while its all good for safety and getting approval..  not having the ability to kill the safety function is seriously concerning...   the drone is capable of doing pretty much everything itself without user input already, and doesn't take much imagination to see how if one of those safety features malfunctioned it may cause the drone to fly where it shouldn't and act like it shouldn't.   etc etc.      also the NFZ glitches that happen people forced into landing cuz the drone was confused about an NFZ/authorized zone... it allowed take off and flight initially then something happened and it decided best thing is to force landing regardless of surroundings.     

i dont care how smart AI will ever get, how good neural networking and deep learning maybe getting, still stuck behind a wall of set parameters and definitions and a complete lack of instincts.    as a human piloting my drone if i accidentally fly into an NFZ i can decide "oh i should turn back before someone notices me or before i go to far and cause issues."   where as the instructions on the drone will force you into an unpleasant situation..basically if you manage to get in, it will force you to land cant return, cant hover, cant decide whats safe and not.. blindly have to head for the ground...
2019-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-2 11:26
while its all good for safety and getting approval..  not having the ability to kill the safety function is seriously concerning...   the drone is capable of doing pretty much everything itself without user input already, and doesn't take much imagination to see how if one of those safety features malfunctioned it may cause the drone to fly where it shouldn't and act like it shouldn't.   etc etc.      also the NFZ glitches that happen people forced into landing cuz the drone was confused about an NFZ/authorized zone... it allowed take off and flight initially then something happened and it decided best thing is to force landing regardless of surroundings.     

You cannot accidentally fly into a NFZ , you will get a warning you are close you are about to enter , so it’s really up to users to fly with care, you definitely won’t accidentally fly into a NFZ if you check in your dji app regarding the area your flying in.
It’s very easy all the time to accept no responsibility for your actions and blame others for your mistakes .
2019-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 3-2 10:53

I can say I attended some meetings on behalf of drone flyers from Ireland with a view to helping EASA create new rules for flying throughout Europe, we also submitted many opinions on behalf of drone professionals and enthusiasts from Ireland .
This was a real eye opener and to our surprise we realized pretty fast that EASA are very much behind drone flying and in no shape or form want to penalize drone flying. I believe there approach will insure that flying drones throughout Europe will not be prohibited in any way and the will create many opportunities for Europeans .
2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-2 15:22
You cannot accidentally fly into a NFZ , you will get a warning you are close you are about to enter , so it’s really up to users to fly with care, you definitely won’t accidentally fly into a NFZ if you check in your dji app regarding the area your flying in.
It’s very easy all the time to accept no responsibility for your actions and blame others for your mistakes .

that's how it is supposed to be handled, not how it is always handled, we had multiple people on these forums and other forums mentioning total loss of drones going into forced landing because a NFZ glitches..  some actually not been directly in an NFZ but rather in a authorized zone.   nothing is perfect,  when programming and testing, you cannot account for every possibility and combination of events may or may not happen...just impossible because scope of possibilities are endless..     

i myself have encountered a weird NFZ anomaly luckily didn't cause an issue, but i was flying out over the river and for some reason i got a vocal and text prompt on screen said "Restricted area reached"  then red popup said something like "you are approaching an NFZ, RTH may fail"  something along those lines..  checked the map, nothing... when i got my mavic air back i checked the area on my phone which is connected to internet and it showing i was in the clear.      it did it over open water which gave me a little moment of worry having heard other stories before..  

maybe im more old fashioned in this but i would love to have the ability to override things as i feel some situations where me as a pilot can be safer and more efficient than a piece of software running some predefined script.... does not have to a 100% toggle off NFZ, but dumb it down.. instead of landing if it somehow crossed an NFZ that shouldn't have, give warning i am now 100% responsible and liable...or if they feel the need to stay responsible and nanny me and other experianced drone pilots, set a alt limit and distance limit from the second it realizes im in an NFZ so im forced to return manually and at my own risk..
2019-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-2 17:27
that's how it is supposed to be handled, not how it is always handled, we had multiple people on these forums and other forums mentioning total loss of drones going into forced landing because a NFZ glitches..  some actually not been directly in an NFZ but rather in a authorized zone.   nothing is perfect,  when programming and testing, you cannot account for every possibility and combination of events may or may not happen...just impossible because scope of possibilities are endless..     

i myself have encountered a weird NFZ anomaly luckily didn't cause an issue, but i was flying out over the river and for some reason i got a vocal and text prompt on screen said "Restricted area reached"  then red popup said something like "you are approaching an NFZ, RTH may fail"  something along those lines..  checked the map, nothing... when i got my mavic air back i checked the area on my phone which is connected to internet and it showing i was in the clear.      it did it over open water which gave me a little moment of worry having heard other stories before..  

Why would forced landing mean total loss of drone, ive seen one case, last week user new he was in NFZ but continued lost his drone because he was flying over water, he has since said he’d learned his lesson, but for others nothing will happen to your drone except to land. There are not multiple cases onthis forum, there were two one last week and one two years ago.
So two in two years and both users aware they were entering and flying in a NFZ, really what ever happened to people taking responsibility for their actions.
And what I find more interesting those who know dji’s policy on NFZ’s continue to purchase there drones, because it’s not going to change .
2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-2 17:40
Why would forced landing mean total loss of drone, ive seen one case, last week user new he was in NFZ but continued lost his drone because he was flying over water, he has since said he’d learned his lesson, but for others nothing will happen to your drone except to land. There are not multiple cases onthis forum, there were two one last week and one two years ago.
So two in two years and both users aware they were entering and flying in a NFZ, really what ever happened to people taking responsibility for their actions.
And what I find more interesting those who know dji’s policy on NFZ’s continue to purchase there drones, because it’s not going to change .

orlando florida guy a few months ago... another total loss. he even posted his logs and location data and i confirmed with both DJI fly safe and airmaps as well, it was a authorized zone, and was well outside of the NFZ..    authorized zones just force you to accept responsibility some may demand you use LAANC...
also why does it mean total loss.. well not 100% but chances seem strong its not gunna land where you want it...  and maybe trespassing as some airports own alot of land even if not using it, may land in someone's backyard they maybe a theif and see an oppertunity out of it.. or may land in river, or pond or ocean..etc etc..  if in city RIP it may get lucky and landed on a roof u can climb up on and get it... or ay crashed into sid eof a building because landing and geting below radio horizon thus free falling into street  so many issues with this..
2019-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-2 17:51
orlando florida guy a few months ago... another total loss. he even posted his logs and location data and i confirmed with both DJI fly safe and airmaps as well, it was a authorized zone, and was well outside of the NFZ..    authorized zones just force you to accept responsibility some may demand you use LAANC...

Where are the logs ?
2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-2 17:52
Where are the logs ?

he posted them in his post i remember reviewing his logs out of curiosity, and he also made a big deal on several forums and other communities outside of this...
2019-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-2 17:59
he posted them in his post i remember reviewing his logs out of curiosity, and he also made a big deal on several forums and other communities outside of this...

It wasn’t on this forum or Mavic or phantom pilots, it’s just hard to believe when there are no logs and it’s very very rare.
Anyway this thread is about MavAir FW update .
2019-3-2
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does anyone here have any issues with Assistant 2 seeing this new Mavic Air update? When I plug mine in, Ass2 just says it's current - with v...500?
2019-3-2
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 3-2 15:29
I can say I attended some meetings on behalf of drone flyers from Ireland with a view to helping EASA create new rules for flying throughout Europe, we also submitted many opinions on behalf of drone professionals and enthusiasts from Ireland .
This was a real eye opener and to our surprise we realized pretty fast that EASA are very much behind drone flying and in no shape or form want to penalize drone flying. I believe there approach will insure that flying drones throughout Europe will not be prohibited in any way and the will create many opportunities for Europeans .

well ... I agree with you ..
the same was done in Italy, where ENAC is the authority, has listened to us professional pilots, and now they are changing the laws to equalize with the European EASA regulations.
sure, it will not be an easy step
I do not know what will happen for Drones sold until now ... without the CE A1 mark or other requirements that will then be required
but in the end, I believe like you, the drone will be used for many different purposes ...
and this will create new opportunities for everyone
it seems to me that, DJI in all this ... is trying to do the right ...
let's see what will happen in the next 3 years

2019-3-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules