Option to disable Active Track and Facial Recognition
5173 8 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Poojap
lvl.3
United States

Sometimes I find that I have to shoot at 60fps, even when I don't want to, in order to disable Facetrack or Active track from engaging. Please add an option in Settings to allow us to toggle this on and off for all frame rates. This will allow more freedom in shots where the customer would like more control over the camera even at lower FPS. Thanks.
2019-2-28
Use props
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United States

you can cancel with a single click of the function button, usually
2019-2-28
Use props
Poojap
lvl.3
United States

Yes, but you are still initially being opted in. When it engages automatically, it has already done the damage to the framing of your shot.

Then there are instances where it won't engage until much later while you are recording. There isn't a reliable span of time or circumstance where you can (or even should have to) predict at which point you'll be able to cancel out of it after it has already engaged. It's not the biggest issue, but I think adding the option to disable it across the board would be useful to many people.
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your feedback and suggestion on our Osmo Pocket. No worries, we will forward this suggestion to our designated department to see what we can do to make it possible in the future on our Osmo Pocket. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-28
Use props
Poojap
lvl.3
United States

Thank you. Looking forward to the next update. They are doing a good job.
2019-3-1
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Japan

+1 on this request. I have found myself using 4K60 even though I don’t need that resolution when vlogging just to avoid the facial recognition. It is a real hassle to constantly deal with especially when it is hooked up to a phone and you must use a second hand to tap the tiny and MOVING green x.
2019-3-1
Use props
fans471029d5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85449 ft
United Kingdom

Poojap Posted at 2-28 10:01
Yes, but you are still initially being opted in. When it engages automatically, it has already done the damage to the framing of your shot.

Then there are instances where it won't engage until much later while you are recording. There isn't a reliable span of time or circumstance where you can (or even should have to) predict at which point you'll be able to cancel out of it after it has already engaged. It's not the biggest issue, but I think adding the option to disable it across the board would be useful to many people.

Ive given up using facetracking in selfie mode because it often just focuses on the background, frustrating i know. Also i need a clearer indication what its actually focusing on.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Poojap Posted at 3-1 07:16
Thank you. Looking forward to the next update. They are doing a good job.

You're are most welcome. If you have other concern, please let us know. We're here to help. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-4
Use props
fans6b3bfee3
lvl.1

United States

Definitely needed! It should be able to turned on or off as a default setting. While logging with a guest (my wife), it's a problem to hit the fn button to cancel and reframe it every-darn-time! I need 24fps and I don't want to consume my battery to go to 60fps avoiding the "auto tracking" functionality.
2021-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules