VIDEO REVIEW - New PGYTech Compact Phone Holder+ : Now Foldable!
2617 22 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The latest version of PGY-Tech's Phone Holder - now foldable to make it compact while storing!

2019-2-28
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

In the youtube video link, not this product found!
This is it:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... b_test=searchweb0

2019-2-28
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It should be available shortly via PGYTech and Amazon - I will update the links in the video description when available.
2019-2-28
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like that it's more compact but it does take a bit more work to get everything align properly.  May still get one though I already have version 1.
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this video with us. This accessory is also available on our store which you could check using the link below. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-osmo-pocket-phone-holder
2019-2-28
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

Good idea. However, After trying different phone holders, I return them all as I don't like the way that OP is on the side, not center of the phone.
2019-2-28
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

As always, a nice, articulate, well pointed review.  Good idea creating the compare/contrast.  Thanks
2019-3-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done review
2019-3-1
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks guys!
2019-3-1
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Awesome! Nice holder!
2019-3-3
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

Amazon has it for $69.99. That’s a big much, I think. It  does look very nice though.
2019-3-3
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

maddox Posted at 3-3 18:26
Awesome! Nice holder!

Not available in Germany.
But more than 10 times the price of this one. 7,50€ in Germany

2019-3-4
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

lummox Posted at 3-3 18:41
Amazon has it for $69.99. That’s a big much, I think. It  does look very nice though.

Not 69,99 $, only 39,99 $
2019-3-4
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

Udo13 Posted at 3-4 03:03
Not 69,99 $, only 39,99 $

https://www.amazon.com/Controlle ... ps%2C189&sr=8-3
2019-3-4
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can order from DJI for $35 or just wait a bit for it to show up on PgyTech's site for the same price.
2019-3-4
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Udo13 Posted at 3-4 02:59
But more than 10 times the price of this one. 7,50€ in Germany

This one does not have a Cold Shoe mount on top.
2019-3-4
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Udo13 Posted at 3-4 02:59
But more than 10 times the price of this one. 7,50€ in Germany

Out of all the phone brackets I own, by far this bracket arm you mentioned is my favorite.  Not only is super cheap, but functional for a wireless setup with the controller wheel.  If you place the holder to the left side of the phone, you can mount your osmo pocket with the controller wheel.  Other phone brackets don't let you to mount the wheel to the right side of the phone.  I really love this wireless setup.  
2019-3-4
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just saw this one, arguably more compact and much cheaper but the cold shoe mount is too close to the pocket so it might restrict what you can put on it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... NCMX07E2QWDA3VE8T74
2019-3-4
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Holder, stick, shoe, bluetooth ...

2019-3-4
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Good review. Almost ordered the first version. Now I'm not sure which one to get, lol. But I guess both will work quite well.
2019-3-5
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 3-4 09:40
Out of all the phone brackets I own, by far this bracket arm you mentioned is my favorite.  Not only is super cheap, but functional for a wireless setup with the controller wheel.  If you place the holder to the left side of the phone, you can mount your osmo pocket with the controller wheel.  Other phone brackets don't let you to mount the wheel to the right side of the phone.  I really love this wireless setup.  [view_image]

Have one and its a PITA getting the camera in and the plug etc.
It's more expensive but the PGY one (the new one) is way better built. There's too many screw points and threads and weight on the cheaper ones - Feels like it will scratch up the OP too.

It's expensive but it doesn't seem widely available yet so it will probably come down 50% in price when it ships in bulk.
2019-3-5
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

The one I use has the name Sunnylife engraved on the holder and it is plastic.  It comes off without scratching my OP.  There are some cheap metal holders out there that I wouldn't trust.  I do like the new PGYtech bracket but It won't work for my wireless setup.  It probably would, if I flip it upside down but that means the shoe mount will be at the bottom and the tripod hole on top.   
2019-3-6
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I made the mistake and bought one - it's a totally Micky Mouse set-up putting undue strain on the Iphones already problematic connector. Also if you have the mic module connected it won't work.  
2021-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules