Mavic Air Shakedown post 'incident'
1210 14 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying_Nevada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85253 ft
United States

So, since the 'incident' at Red Rock, I've been scared to death to fly my drone.  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-180862-1-1.html

Thanks to everyone who reviewed the flight logs and confirmed that there was indeed something strange going on (everything to GPS jamming to Area 51 alien interference).

Questions remain, answers are elusive, and we just needed to keep a stiff upper lip and keep flying.

Before the most recent battery optimization firmware update, we finally went out and got back into it.

2019-3-1
Use props
Flying_Nevada
lvl.2
United States

Red Rock 'Incident' link
2019-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job.

It’s good to see you put the Ghosts of Red Rock to bed,  nice video thanks for sharing.

Remember always start your flight with freshly charged battery .
2019-3-1
Use props
Flying_Nevada
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-1 08:04
Good job.

It’s good to see you put the Ghosts of Red Rock to bed,  nice video thanks for sharing.

I was rather confused about that as I always have a charged battery, but I left both batteries on the charging hub, plugged in, but somehow they drained while on the charger.  I fully charged them this time and pulled them off when done.  Any ideas why they would have drained connected to the charging hub while the hub was still plugged in?
2019-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Flying_Nevada Posted at 3-1 08:19
I was rather confused about that as I always have a charged battery, but I left both batteries on the charging hub, plugged in, but somehow they drained while on the charger.  I fully charged them this time and pulled them off when done.  Any ideas why they would have drained connected to the charging hub while the hub was still plugged in?

They are programmed to hibernate after so many days and will continue to drain power until they are approx 60% .
Once the fully charge on the charger, they switch off so as not to overcharge, in order to freshly charge them just unplug them from charger and plug them back in . We all know the dangers of leaving lithium batteries on a charger, a lot of people insist you never leave unattended because of overheating and catching fire, your batteries are smart enough to turn off once charged and you cannot trigger them to top up until you unplug and replug them .
2019-3-1
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

Yeah, I've got family out near there. They were surprised to see snow in Vegas.

Thanks for the video.
2019-3-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad your back getting some airtime. Thanks for sharing
2019-3-1
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Nice video, well done and great job!
2019-3-2
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Great vid, I enjoy your productions, your wife is cute and you shoot in an interesting area.

Thanks!

2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Flying_Nevada. Thank you for the given information and for sharing this video you have captured. I am glad to know that you are up and flying your DJI Mavic Air once again. If you have any inquiries or concerns with your Drone or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum we are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-2
Use props
Flying_Nevada
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-1 08:26
They are programmed to hibernate after so many days and will continue to drain power until they are approx 60% .
Once the fully charge on the charger, they switch off so as not to overcharge, in order to freshly charge them just unplug them from charger and plug them back in . We all know the dangers of leaving lithium batteries on a charger, a lot of people insist you never leave unattended because of overheating and catching fire, your batteries are smart enough to turn off once charged and you cannot trigger them to top up until you unplug and replug them .

Thank you very much for that explanation, that makes perfect sense!  It makes me relieved that it was just me doing something dumb and not something wrong with the batteries!  Thank you!
2019-3-3
Use props
Flying_Nevada
lvl.2
United States

Bluehook Posted at 3-2 06:05
Great vid, I enjoy your productions, your wife is cute and you shoot in an interesting area.

Thanks!

Thank you!...and Ariane says 'Thank you' as well...oh boy, I won't hear the end of it, she is running around saying 'I'm cute! I'm cute!'
2019-3-3
Use props
Alex Mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11257526 ft
Ireland

Hello.Are you flying after this incident,and something has changed?I have same problem,and I haven't found answer yet
2019-5-8
Use props
Flying_Nevada
lvl.2
United States

Alex Mavic Posted at 5-8 12:20
Hello.Are you flying after this incident,and something has changed?I have same problem,and I haven't found answer yet

We are still flying, albeit nervously!  We are gaining more confidence, especially in the automated systems (RTH) and also the durability of the drone in case I do something dumb.  I still sweat bullets on every flight, but hey, I can stand to lose a few pounds!  I'm excited with every firmware update, and I think we have had two since that time...and who knows, it could have resolved an issue, that is, unless you are still experiencing the 'interference'.  Let us know how things are going.
2019-5-17
Use props
Wili
lvl.3
Flight distance : 302103 ft
Finland

Thx for sharing, nice video!
2019-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules