Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller FAN whistle
2376 14 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

I have new smart controller and when FAN will start spinning it is making very high pitch whistle sound. Is this something what all units does or is my one faulty?

David

2019-3-1
Use props
manfredo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there, I do not have that issue on mine, I can hear the fan but no high pitch noise.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. May I know what happened prior to the issue? Are you receiving an error message? If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue for further checking. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you.
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-1 09:36
Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. May I know what happened prior to the issue? Are you receiving an error message? If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue for further checking. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you.

Nothing happened it is brand new, unboxed it today, activated, charged and when first fan started spin I immediately noticed it. I will try make video of it but not sure if you will be able hear it there.
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-1 09:51
Nothing happened it is brand new, unboxed it today, activated, charged and when first fan started spin I immediately noticed it. I will try make video of it but not sure if you will be able hear it there.

As I thought I'm unable to record it my phone is unable to record it to be heard in video nor voice recorder. It is really very high pitch sound like something like in this record on youtube -

something like 10000 hz in that record.
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

or something between 7 - 10k.
2019-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-1 10:03
As I thought I'm unable to record it my phone is unable to record it to be heard in video nor voice recorder. It is really very high pitch sound like something like in this record on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQXFw6JFbVQ

something like 10000 hz in that record.

All RC's have fans which make a noise but that sounds like a fault to me.
2019-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have normal remote Crystalsky P4Pro Remote , SRC is easily the quietest I nearly have to put it to my ear to hear it, that sounds like a problem.
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-1 10:49
I have normal remote Crystalsky P4Pro Remote , SRC is easily the quietest I nearly have to put it to my ear to hear it, that sounds like a problem.

I was afraid of that. Thing is it is new it has few hours and I do not want to send it in to receive refurbished one which will be like trash.
2019-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-1 10:51
I was afraid of that. Thing is it is new it has few hours and I do not want to send it in to receive refurbished one which will be like trash.

Well I think the longer you hold on to it the more chance you have of getting refurbished, I don’t think there are many refurbished around, insist on replacement being New or repaired .
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-1 10:54
Well I think the longer you hold on to it the more chance you have of getting refurbished, I don’t think there are many refurbished around, insist on replacement being New or repaired .

There was already story from forum user who has DJI quiz issue and sent it in - basically brand new and received refurbished one which was not in so good shape like his original one. So I think chance of getting refurb is pretty high, especially nowdays when they are out of stock for SRC
2019-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-1 10:56
There was already story from forum user who has DJI quiz issue and sent it in - basically brand new and received refurbished one which was not in so good shape like his original one. So I think chance of getting refurb is pretty high, especially nowdays when they are out of stock for SRC

I don’t see the logic in that, surely as more breakdown this will lead to more refurbs, if you hold on to it it’s likely that over time there will be more refurbs than not. Also refurbs must be as new according to your warranty.
And why would you think it’s worthwhile using a faulty RC.
But if that’s what you think , I certainly would be weary about using it if it continues to sound like that .
Good luck .
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

I will try to do firmware update today as it is still on version it came from factory. I do not believe it will help change maybe 0,0009%. I'm pretty disappointed as I bought second M2P - now with smart controller, and so far found:

1. scratches on gimbal
2. scratch on bottom cover
3. whistling remote
4. one small white dead pixel on SRC remote

This is pretty disappointing for this price range. I think that DJI is saving on quality controls.
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-1 11:04
I don’t see the logic in that, surely as more breakdown this will lead to more refurbs, if you hold on to it it’s likely that over time there will be more refurbs than not. Also refurbs must be as new according to your warranty.
And why would you think it’s worthwhile using a faulty RC.
But if that’s what you think , I certainly would be weary about using it if it continues to sound like that .

I completely agree with you everything you wrote is true. I will probably start warranty process after weekend. So disappointed.
2019-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-1 11:08
I completely agree with you everything you wrote is true. I will probably start warranty process after weekend. So disappointed.

Well hopefully a quick turnaround, if you ship it, come here contact a mod with your case number and see if he/she can escalate it for you .
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules