Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any problems updating Flysafe databases P4, RESOLVED
5240 36 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm wondering if this problem in updating the flysafe databases is common to all or just a few. This has already been highlighted in thread bellow:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D394%26typeid%3D394

It seems problem now resolved, I have just, 04/03/2019 @ 20:00 U.K date & time ;-) updated my P4 flysafe databaes.

Thank you VTrans for posting your find.

2019-3-1
Use props
VTrans UAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17405 ft
United States

Same issue here, seems to be a recurring problem for many.
2019-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VTrans UAS Posted at 3-1 10:30
Same issue here, seems to be a recurring problem for many.

Thanks for info', that's five so far reporting same problem with P4 flysafe database not updating with either DJI Go 4 nor DJI Assistant 2.

2019-3-1
Use props
VTrans UAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17405 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 3-1 10:34
Thanks for info', that's five so far reporting same problem with P4 flysafe database not updating with either DJI Go 4 nor DJI Assistant 2.

On the phone for 2 hours with Tech support with a final recommendation of sending the P4 back to them for analysis.  I think I'll wait on that action to see what solutions they offer.
2019-3-1
Use props
Sefd205
New
Flight distance : 229419 ft
United States

I spent over an hour yesterday with online tech chat with similar problem leading to my p4 not allowing me to take off.  Just got an email telling me to use assistant 2 to downgrade firmware and try to update again and they are still trying to figure out the problem.  We’ll see!!
2019-3-1
Use props
Sefd205
New
Flight distance : 229419 ft
United States

I spent over an hour yesterday with online tech chat with similar problem leading to my p4 not allowing me to take off.  Just got an email telling me to use assistant 2 to downgrade firmware and try to update again and they are still trying to figure out the problem.  We’ll see!!
2019-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sefd205 Posted at 3-1 14:10
I spent over an hour yesterday with online tech chat with similar problem leading to my p4 not allowing me to take off.  Just got an email telling me to use assistant 2 to downgrade firmware and try to update again and they are still trying to figure out the problem.  We’ll see!!

I tried the downgrade path earlier without any luck, took it back to current build and still no joy. I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't ground the whole P4 fleet for a while.
2019-3-1
Use props
MRomine
First Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

This is the kind of thing that I would expect from Microsoft/Windows. Major fail. Can’t fly. Can’t get any work done, costing me money.
2019-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 3-1 15:53
This is the kind of thing that I would expect from Microsoft/Windows. Major fail. Can’t fly. Can’t get any work done, costing me money.

I have PM'd one of the administrators to make them aware.
2019-3-1
Use props
Claypole
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13104 ft
Australia

same issue for me
2019-3-1
Use props
Claypole
lvl.1
Australia

This has been a saga.  Never had problems updating before.
2019-3-1
Use props
Claypole
lvl.1
Australia

I originally found that the App was indicating a Version Mismatch, it also required a Fly Safe update.  I tried every combination I could think of.

When you go to General Settings and scroll down to About, I got the following info

AC 02000700
RC 1.9.3
App 4.3.14
AC Fly Safe 00 00 00 00
App Fly Safe 01 00 01 13
Basic Fly Safe 01 00 01 09

Could not update Fly Safe at all

I then uninstalled the App then reinstalled it again

I connected the AC to Assistant 2 , ignored request to update Fly Safe, and refreshed the AC 02 00 0700 for each battery

I went back to General settings and looked at About , the software summaries had changed to the following

AC 02000700
RC 1.9.3
App 4.3.14
AC Fly Safe 01 00 01 07
App Fly Safe 01 00 01 12
Basic Fly Safe 01 00 01 09

As you can see both AC and App Fly Safes have changed

Also the Version Mismatch has disappeared

When I log in to Assist 2 for each battery now I am no longer prompted to update Fly Safe

When I start the AC and the Controller with phone attached to Controller, it indicates Go Fly and says safe to go

Unbelievable - will fly tomorrow as I am still sceptical
2019-3-1
Use props
MirecXP
New

Slovakia

No way to fly here too!
Damn it!
The update fails on the Android device as well as on iPhone app.
DJI Assistant can't update it neither using Mac nor Windows, it fails with the error 0x0c0018.

I WANT TO FLY MY DRONE! WHAT CAN I DO?!
2019-3-2
Use props
gf123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317110 ft
Germany

Claypole Posted at 3-1 19:06
I originally found that the App was indicating a Version Mismatch, it also required a Fly Safe update.  I tried every combination I could think of.

When you go to General Settings and scroll down to About, I got the following info

Thanks Claypole, done in under 10 Min, works fine.

(Be sure to ignore Fly safe update)
2019-3-2
Use props
gf123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317110 ft
Germany

Thanks Claypole, done in under 10 Min, works fine.

(Be sure to ignore Fly safe update)
2019-3-2
Use props
Billy f
Flight distance : 622572 ft
United States

Figured it out for the Phantom 4! First you must use the DJI Assistant. When it ask you to update the fly safe database, ignore it and go and update the latest firmware for your Phantom. Once it is downloaded, restart your bird and you should be fine to fly! This worked for me this morning.
2019-3-2
Use props
EDOG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3547 ft
United States

Thank you Claypole. Worked like a charm.  Folks have to remember to ignore the Flysafe update when starting the app and a/c and controller again after the refresh.  What I don't understand is why DJI doesn't test this stuff before releasing it. It's not as if they have 200 different types of a/c.  Anyway, thanks for the info.
2019-3-2
Use props
Musket33
New
United States

Nothing works.  Assistant won't do anything.  Sees P4, but won't reset or ask for upgrade.  Won't even find my controller.  Latest version of assistant installed...I think!  Help!!  Can't fly.
2019-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Musket33 Posted at 3-2 14:28
Nothing works.  Assistant won't do anything.  Sees P4, but won't reset or ask for upgrade.  Won't even find my controller.  Latest version of assistant installed...I think!  Help!!  Can't fly.

Latest version available from HERE

I might try deleting and reinstalling Assistant 2 on your PC (there may be problems using Mac).

It won't see the P4 RC as this was never supported in DJI Assistant 2, but you should be able to see the P4 and carry out the 'work around' as supplied by Claypole in post 12. You have logged into your account in Assistant 2 ?
2019-3-2
Use props
fans7a85df48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22198 ft
Australia

Thanks Claypole

I thought I was going mad with all of this until I found your post.  The fix worked for me.

Then, dummy that I am, I thought I'd see what happened if I plugged my P4 back into my Mac and ran DJI Assistant 2.  Again, it offered to update the NFZ.  I said yes and then the update failed.  Running the DJI 4 Go 4 app again on my iPhone linked to the P4 the 'Version Mismatch' message re-appeared.

It seems to me that the issue therefore seems to be caused by trying to update through DJI Assistant 2.
2019-3-2
Use props
EDOG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3547 ft
United States

Claypole's solution works fine on the mac.  Did it his way with 3 batteries and all is well for now.
2019-3-2
Use props
fans7a85df48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22198 ft
Australia

I did have one question though... I did as you suggested and deleted and then re-installed the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone.  Mine is still App. version 4.3.12 and that's directly from the App Store here in Australia.  How do you have  App. version 4.3.14?
2019-3-2
Use props
fans406434c5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 504360 ft
United Kingdom

I seem to have found a temporary solution whilst waiting for DJI to get their house in order.  At least it has worked for me.
1.        If you don’t have DJI Assistant 2 install it from their website
2.        Connect the drone to your PC with the cable
3.        Ensure the drone and the remote controller are powered on.
4.        Open DJI Assistant 2 and wait for it to recognize your device and select it
5.        If you are prompted ‘Updating No-Fly Zone Database is required. Update Now?’ select ‘Ignore’
6.        I then selected ‘Restore Factory Defaults’ and waited for it to complete.
7.        I then selected ‘Refresh’ of the current installed firmware version and waited for it to complete.
And hey presto the drone is back to life!

WARNING – It will obviously prompt you to update the ‘Precise Fly Safe Database’ – CLICK IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE or you will be back to square one!

At first it will take a few minutes to lock onto GPS and will have reset any personalised settings, but at least it is back to life!

Hope this helps!
2019-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans7a85df48 Posted at 3-2 19:15
Thanks Claypole

I thought I was going mad with all of this until I found your post.  The fix worked for me.

"It seems to me that the issue therefore seems to be caused by trying to update through DJI Assistant 2."

The aircraft 'flysafe' update also fails when using DJI Go 4, and DJI Assistant 2 is the method to provide the work around to 'roll back' the flysafe database on aircraft.
2019-3-3
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans406434c5 Posted at 3-2 22:05
I seem to have found a temporary solution whilst waiting for DJI to get their house in order.  At least it has worked for me.
1.        If you don’t have DJI Assistant 2 install it from their website
2.        Connect the drone to your PC with the cable

A not dissimilar process was posted two days ago, see post 12.
2019-3-3
Use props
Raimond Kollman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2173517 ft
Netherlands

I Just did this procedure. 2 of my batteries required a firmware update (while at first it wasn't mentioned..). At this moment everything is in order now, but I keep ignoring the No-Fly Zone Database at this moment.

I sure hope DJI will fix this soon and won't let the Phantom flyers stand alone (as they also discontinued the Phantom 4 drones at this moment :-().
2019-3-3
Use props
Jimberg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1074852 ft
Canada

I've been struggling with this problem for hours. In the end, I found that my DJI Assistant 2 software was not the latest version. Should be V2.0.6.
After I sorted this out I found I was able to downgrade to the previous aircraft firmware. After that I was able to start up my P4 without getting the version mismatch messages. I just had to ignore the flysafe update messages. So I took it a step further and updated my AC firmware back to 02.00.0700. Again I was able to start it up without getting the mismatch messages. I just have to ignore the flysafe update messages.
2019-3-3
Use props
MRomine
First Officer
United States

This method did not work for me, even when clicking ignore any and all updates. The DJI Go 4 app that I have is version 4.3.12 even after deleting and reinstalling.

What finally worked for me are the instructions that frans406434cS has outlined using the DJI Assistant 2 and "restoring to factory default".
2019-3-3
Use props
MRomine
First Officer
United States

fans7a85df48 Posted at 3-2 19:32
I did have one question though... I did as you suggested and deleted and then re-installed the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone.  Mine is still App. version 4.3.12 and that's directly from the App Store here in Australia.  How do you have  App. version 4.3.14?

My app version on my iPad is also 4.3.12 even after uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm in the U.S.

If you can not get back to flying try the recommended procedure in post #23
2019-3-3
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All now appears to be fixed:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =182548&pid=1783472

I have just updated my P4 flysafe successfully using DJI Go 4 upgrade path.

Looks like the P4 is on database 01.00.01.12 at present.

2019-3-4
Use props
Claypole
lvl.1
Australia

fans7a85df48 Posted at 3-2 19:32
I did have one question though... I did as you suggested and deleted and then re-installed the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone.  Mine is still App. version 4.3.12 and that's directly from the App Store here in Australia.  How do you have  App. version 4.3.14?

I suggest you uninstall it. Then reinstall the current
2019-3-4
Use props
MRomine
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 3-4 11:55

I am getting messages to update again. I have been ignoring them since the issues last month. Does everything seem to be worked out now?
2019-4-19
Use props
KEJ
First Officer
United Kingdom

Hi
Yesterday initially I had the same message.

I plugged my drone into my Mac, using assistant 2 updated the drone.

After the drone updated with the new fly safe DB, I then disconnected.

I then updated my remote with no issues with the new fly safe DB.
2019-4-19
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Aardvark Posted at 3-4 11:55

So this is the latest for all versions at this time right.

2019-4-20
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

F.KOK Posted at 4-20 02:58
So this is the latest for all versions at this time right.

[view_image]

As of yesterday when I updated DJI Go 4 I am now running the same as you have listed. Not had a chance to fly with it yet though. Busy with other hobbies in the spell of fine weather we are having here.
2019-4-21
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Aardvark Posted at 4-21 01:46
As of yesterday when I updated DJI Go 4 I am now running the same as you have listed. Not had a chance to fly with it yet though. Busy with other hobbies in the spell of fine weather we are having here.

Thanks Keith
2019-4-21
Use props
KEJ
First Officer
United Kingdom

No problem and hopefully you are good to go and thank you
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules