o(^-^)o
AIRPOWER VERONA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 842244 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi I have this issue after upgrade DJI Pilot to 1.2
With Matrice 210
Master controller and Slave controller can not have gimbal controll IF PUSH the button Get gimbal controll the on the screen there are write: "Failed to get gimball controll"
if reinstall the dji Pilot v.1.1.0 all working correclly

Please correct the BUG !!!

Please check

Paolo

2019-3-1
Use props
AIRPOWER VERONA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Pilot 1.2 Problems

we have install update of DJI PILOT 1.2 on cristalsky and note this problems:

• On M210 Master and Slave Cencence controller can not have gimbal controll by pushing button on screen
  • on Mavic2Enterprice Dual: if connect HDMI to cristalsky the video its not fluid but lock the video signal on che screeen like frame rate problems !!!

Please check

Paolo
2019-3-1
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

And more problems ...

In Mission mapping mode, DJI forgot to implement the complete Matrice and M2E series. You can not fly a mission because the camera/aircraft definition is only for Phantoms.
Even the Custom camera settings will not work, because when trying to execute the mission, Pilot app responds with wrong P/F mode switch. ???? (Switch is set correct to F)

Here a sample screenshot:
2019-3-1
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I am going to update and check this later today.
2019-3-2
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I have tested through various modes and I can confirm that Gimbal control can nit be taken by the Slave unit
*The gimbal request hand-=off/return worked fine prior to the upgrade
*Both controllers are Cendance units. One is Master and one is Slave.; The slave receives the video feeds from the XT-2 and D30 and I can shoot pics and video from the unit
*Pressing the gimbal control icon gives the message on screen to go to the controller menu and request Gimbal control, this appears to be a new step
*An icon and the word "loading" appears, after a few seconds, a pop up states "Gimbal Control Request Failed"
*Latest firmware on the M210RTK, Cendence units and running the updated Pilot version 0n Crystal Sky (v1.20)
*Tried a variety of restarts in different orders including Master remote first, slave 2nd, then aircraft. Aircraft 1st, master and then slave, etc.
*Behavior remains the same no matter what

2019-3-2
Use props
fans780d3f19
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189285 ft
United States

I've had the EXACT same issue with the gimbal control.   It has made using a second controller for camera control useless.  Please DJI fix this issue.
2019-3-3
Use props
fans780d3f19
lvl.1
United States

I've found the same lack of gimbal control and unable to use cameras on a M210.
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Paolo, thanks for your feedback, the gimbal control on Master and Slave Cencence controller will get fixed via the next APP update, currently, please request the gimbal control of the Slave RC in the DJI Go 4 and then switch to DJI Pilot. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
For the second issue, any chance to share us a short sample video for further assistance? Thank you in advance.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans780d3f19 Posted at 3-3 12:56
I've found the same lack of gimbal control and unable to use cameras on a M210.

Hi there, we have been aware of this and the gimbal control on Master and Slave Cencence controller will get fixed via the next APP update, currently, please request the gimbal control of the Slave RC in the DJI Go 4 and then switch to DJI Pilot. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Keule Posted at 3-1 20:54
And more problems ...

In Mission mapping mode, DJI forgot to implement the complete Matrice and M2E series. You can not fly a mission because the camera/aircraft definition is only for Phantoms.

Hi Keule, since the mapping performance of M200/M600/M2E is not perfect as expected, we didn't add these aircraft into the default list, and it is not recommended to use them to do the mapping mission. If you still would like to use them, please select the Custom Camera.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EFRPIC Posted at 3-2 16:06
I have tested through various modes and I can confirm that Gimbal control can nit be taken by the Slave unit
*The gimbal request hand-=off/return worked fine prior to the upgrade
*Both controllers are Cendance units. One is Master and one is Slave.; The slave receives the video feeds from the XT-2 and D30 and I can shoot pics and video from the unit

Hi EFRPIC, we have been aware of this and it will get fixed via the next APP update, currently, please request the gimbal control of the Slave RC in the DJI Go 4 and then switch to DJI Pilot. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-3-4
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-4 00:59
Hi Keule, since the mapping performance of M200/M600/M2E is not perfect as expected, we didn't add these aircraft into the default list, and it is not recommended to use them to do the mapping mission. If you still would like to use them, please select the Custom Camera.

Hi Mindy,

thanks for your response.
I tried a custom camera. But when engaging the mission, Pilot app refuses to accept the mission.
Pilot App replies with wrong Function mode switch position. (switch is set to F)

With all DJI aircraft RC having a P/A/F switch, flying autonomous missions, the switch must be in F position. (Even toggling the switch to P/A, Pilot App responds with an error)

That must be a bug in Pilot app.
2019-3-4
Use props
JCaughman
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-4 00:49
Hi there, we have been aware of this and the gimbal control on Master and Slave Cencence controller will get fixed via the next APP update, currently, please request the gimbal control of the Slave RC in the DJI Go 4 and then switch to DJI Pilot. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Well, I'd like to be able to 'correct' the DJI Pilot 1.2  gimbal issue by simply loading the DJI Go 4 app but it won't load with the dual gimbal setup.  Upon loading the DJI Go 4 app a message will display saying it only works with the DJI Pilot app and kicks out.

2019-3-4
Use props
AIRPOWER VERONA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-4 01:00
Hi EFRPIC, we have been aware of this and it will get fixed via the next APP update, currently, please request the gimbal control of the Slave RC in the DJI Go 4 and then switch to DJI Pilot. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

its not possible because if we use XT2 or a dual Gimbal Dji Go4 app not support the dual camera setup then not possible to use !!!!

Please update FAST
2019-3-4
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Agreed. M210 RTK with dual gimbal will not allow DJI GO4 to load. So not a solution.  

With no idea of update delivery, how do we roll back on Crystal Sky? Please provide a link.

I find it difficult to understand why you would offer a work around for such a small percentage of M210 owners.

2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JCaughman Posted at 3-4 06:43
Well, I'd like to be able to 'correct' the DJI Pilot 1.2  gimbal issue by simply loading the DJI Go 4 app but it won't load with the dual gimbal setup.  Upon loading the DJI Go 4 app a message will display saying it only works with the DJI Pilot app and kicks out.

Hi JCaughman, sorry for this situation, our engineers are working on the new APP, appreciate your patience.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AIRPOWER VERONA Posted at 3-4 09:23
its not possible because if we use XT2 or a dual Gimbal Dji Go4 app not support the dual camera setup then not possible to use !!!!

Please update FAST

You are correct, our engineers are working on the new APP, please bear with us, thank you.
2019-3-4
Use props
AIRPOWER VERONA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-4 23:07
You are correct, our engineers are working on the new APP, please bear with us, thank you.

Hi, i have find another bug on CS 5.5 and Mavic2Enterprise Dual

If use the 1.2 app the screen its slow and freeze... not possible to use the app!!!! if install the 1.1 all working correctly.

Thank you
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AIRPOWER VERONA Posted at 3-10 00:11
Hi, i have find another bug on CS 5.5 and Mavic2Enterprise Dual

If use the 1.2 app the screen its slow and freeze... not possible to use the app!!!! if install the 1.1 all working correctly.

Any chance to share us a short video for further support?
2019-3-10
Use props
AIRPOWER VERONA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-10 23:54
Any chance to share us a short video for further support?

i have no video now but I can report here some post from others forums:
"Was trying to fly today but had a bunch of issues. I finally got the app and the drone to connect to my crystal sky ultra 7.85 inch. During the flight the video feed was extremely choppy and laggy. It was downright unusable. Is anyone else having this issue or do you know any possible solutions

I also had serious issues with the CS and Enterprise after upgrading to v1.2.0 of the pilot app.
Live video feed was unusable and constanly juddered and froze.

I went back to the previous version and it was fine. However, the ADS-B nearby aircraft notification table doesn't appear in this version whereas it did in 1.2.0

Pilot app 1.2.0 / CS and M2ED not usable...
whereas
Pilot app 1.2.0 / CS and M100 or M200 works ...(but no get gimbal controll)"

2019-3-11
Use props
RKHE-1279
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71781 ft

Germany

Hi,

is all of this Gimbal Fail issues also applicable to Matrice 200?

We updated two Crystal Skies (on 2 Cendences) to Pilot App 1.2 and had no issues (working Camera Control XT2 & Z30) on the Slave Cendence while flying the M200 with the Master Cendence. Then, by error, we started the GO 4 app and lost Gimbal Control.

Any tries to regain the the control fail.

We started to regain Gimbal Control from the Pilot App and also from the GO 4 app. We can readjust/recalibrate the gimbal, we even can use the touch option to position the camera w/ gimbal - but we cant move the camera with the sticks.

Can anyone approve this issue as similiar to this thread or is this something new? Since this is an Search & Rescue drone, waiting to the new app means also grounded rescue service. That is really bad.

Sincerely Wolfgang, Project Manager Rotkreuz Hessen 12-79, Germany.
2019-3-14
Use props
ASB-BW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1133507 ft

Germany

We have the same problem with our M210. At least you can take over control of the gimbal in the GO app (with one camera attached). After turning everything off and attaching the second camera, the gimbal control is still with the second remote.
2019-3-18
Use props
rculp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4318 ft

United States

Any update DJI? This issue is several weeks old now. Can we go back to previous version?
2019-3-22
Use props
Genrey
lvl.1

Philippines

Is DJI Pilot compatible with Samsung A7 and Mavic Pro Platinum?
2019-3-24
Use props
joakim_scandinaviandrone
lvl.2

Norway

Does anyone know how to downgrade the pilot app? When I try downloading the APK or installing with PureAPK I get "app not installed" when I try to install it. Also is there any news regarding the app update?
2019-3-26
Use props
savagemic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272523 ft
United States

Temporary Fix

Much like DJI Mindy said you will have to open DJI GO 4 to get gimbal control.

DJI GO 4 won't allow you to open with a dual camera setup. HOWEVER. You can take off a camera and boot into GO 4. Once you get gimbal control power down the drone and then reattach your second camera. Once you do that you can open DJI pilot and gimbal control should have returned.

Worked for us on several tests even with a battery swap. We did leave the pilot app open when we put the second camera on and made battery swaps.
2019-3-26
Use props
Pokey1416
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120889 ft
United States

Anybody hear about a fix for this yet? I tried the single gimbal and GO 4 work around but that doesn't work either. Going to now try and roll back FW as we didn't have this problem before updating.
2019-3-28
Use props
ray9898
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23993 ft
United States

Same problem here.  Any attempt to take control with the secondary gets a "request gimbal control in settings" error.
2019-3-28
Use props
Pokey1416
lvl.2
United States

Roll back didn't work as in dual camera mode both controller screens are blank. Reinstalled latest FW and we're back to no gimbal control on Assistant (slave) unit. Can control the gimbals on the master unit by using the thumbwheels. Photo and video seem to be working on Assistant - just no control of cameras which is a real PITA.

Big demo and training coming up on April 23rd I'm sure DJI Matrice will be "impressive" if no fix by then!
2019-3-29
Use props
ASB-BW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1133507 ft

Germany

Short update: After updating the Pilot app to 1.3.0 everything is fine now.
2019-4-21
Use props
LFB Drone Team
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2254629 ft

United Kingdom

JCaughman Posted at 3-4 06:43
Well, I'd like to be able to 'correct' the DJI Pilot 1.2  gimbal issue by simply loading the DJI Go 4 app but it won't load with the dual gimbal setup.  Upon loading the DJI Go 4 app a message will display saying it only works with the DJI Pilot app and kicks out.

is this happening with 2 cameras attached?
2019-4-26
Use props
LFB Drone Team
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2254629 ft

United Kingdom

AIRPOWER VERONA Posted at 3-4 09:23

Please update FAST

Hi,

We use the same setup, you have to remove the XT2 so you’re  in single gimbal mode, then do the whole DJI go 4 process, once you have gimbal control you can reattach the XT2 and launch DJI pilot
2019-4-28
Use props
Pokey1416
lvl.2
United States

Ditto on the PILOT app upgrade fixed the issue. Has anyone else noticed though that the FPV from master controller is not longer the same? Have to go into Image Transmission and make a change to the screen there and then it forces onto assistant controller also.
2019-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules