Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
brand new, gimbal error
415 7 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb71443a0
New
Italy

Hello all, I just purchased a Mavic Pro.
In my first fllight, just few minutes after unboxing, I saw that gimbal wasn't responding to remote control, and it was going crazy, rotating 180° degrees very fast by itself.
I noticed that I received it without the safety block. Is it possible that it was broken during shipping? Obviously, no gimbal calibration wont' work, and I always have a warning about gimbal motor overload

And more: I'm having a lot of problems with compass calibration: it seems that there are too many magnetic interference to calibrate it.

Should I send it back with warranty? I bought it by amazon
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. Please provide a screenshot of the error message for further checking. I would suggest you try to calibrate the IMU first and then calibrate the gimbal. Also, you can try to restore the settings to factory defaults and the refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. Please download the software here : https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads and follow the video tutorials below. For the compass issue,  you can go this route: MC Settings--Advanced Settings--Sensor--Compass--calibrate.
These are the scenarios why we need to calibrate the compass.
1. When the app prompts that the compass needs to be calibrated, the drone’s compass has suffered from interference as the aircraft was turned on in a place where there is magnetic interference. Make sure to fly the aircraft in an open area free of interference.
2. When powering on the drone, ensure that the aircraft is at a standstill. If there is interference or the aircraft is powered on during movement, the compass’s orientation may be altered, and then recalibration is needed.
3. To ensure the flight stability, the app will prompt you to calibrate the compass when there is a need. Please follow the app and calibrate it.

2019-3-1
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would also add to the above to do this in a location where there is not any metal objects.  I don't even wear my FitBit watch when doing this.  Good Luck!!
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lonesome Crow Posted at 3-1 15:46
I would also add to the above to do this in a location where there is not any metal objects.  I don't even wear my FitBit watch when doing this.  Good Luck!!

Yes, you're right! you need to stay away with any objects that has metal on it when doing these calibration process. By the way,  thanks for your additional help.
2019-3-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Send it back right away
2019-3-2
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-2 10:42
Yes, you're right! you need to stay away with any objects that has metal on it when doing these calibration process. By the way,  thanks for your additional help.

You are welcome.  You have the best help and advice.
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lonesome Crow Posted at 3-2 15:34
You are welcome.  You have the best help and advice.

It is always my pleasure.
2019-3-2
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-2 11:21
Send it back right away

this. +1 ASAP
2019-3-2