4523 19 2019-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164121 ft
Italy

Hello everybody,

I am a new Mavic 2 Pro user since last month. I have no complaints really except one thing: I cannot access the log files with Assistant 2 version 2.0.6. It tries for some 15 seconds and then a "failed to get log list. Retry" message comes up. Both normal and advanced modes give the same results.

I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times the app but to no avail. I am using an iMac running Mojave 10.14.3. All firmware on the Mavic and the remote are updated to the last version.

Anyone had the same issue and knows how to solve it?

Thanks.

Vittorio
2019-3-2
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Check to see if your firewall software or internet security has blocked it accessing the internet .
2019-3-2
Use props
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Italy

Sky Donkey Posted at 3-2 04:43
Check to see if your firewall software or internet security has blocked it accessing the internet .

Thanks for your reply.

No firewall is active and I have no internet security installed on my iMac.

I will check the router.

Thanks
2019-3-2
Use props
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Italy

However I do not fully understand. I need to download the log files from the Mavic to my computer. Does it have anything to do with an internet connection?
2019-3-2
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you download DJI assistant 2 for Mavic? If not then you can download it from here

Assistant 2 for mavic
2019-3-2
Use props
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Italy

dronespilot Posted at 3-2 06:46
Did you download DJI assistant 2 for Mavic? If not then you can download it from here

Yes. I am using version 2.0.6 of Assistant 2. I will download it again from the link you have put in your answer, uninstall the current version I am using and reinstall the "new" one. But I doubt it will change anything if it is the same software.
2019-3-2
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vittorio Tonazzi Posted at 3-2 11:28
Yes. I am using version 2.0.6 of Assistant 2. I will download it again from the link you have put in your answer, uninstall the current version I am using and reinstall the "new" one. But I doubt it will change anything if it is the same software.

There are two versions;
1- Assistant 2
2- Assistant 2 for Mavic

Make sure you download the second one  (the link in my previous post is for the Mavic)

All the best
2019-3-2
Use props
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Italy

dronespilot Posted at 3-2 13:55
There are two versions;
1- Assistant 2
2- Assistant 2 for Mavic

Hello.

I checked for the version I was using and it was indeed the "for Mavic" one.

However I did uninstall and reinstall from the link you gave me but nothing changed.

Everything seems to work fine, I did a calibration of the sensors just for checking, except the download of the log files.

Thanks anyway for your help. I did contact DJI support and I'll be waiting for their answer.

2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. Did you manage to install the HoRNDIS drive upon downloading the DJI Assistant 2? Do we have a chance to try this situation with a windows computer? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.  
2019-3-3
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

assistant 2 version 2.0.6 does not need HoRNDIS to update my mavic2pro on my mac!
i'm on a classic macpro 5.1 with highsierra and no HoRNDIS.kext installed.
2019-3-3
Use props
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 11:03
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. Did you manage to install the HoRNDIS drive upon downloading the DJI Assistant 2? Do we have a chance to try this situation with a windows computer? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Hello,

during installation of Assistant 2 the procedure asks for permission for installing HoRNDIS. I give permission and the procedure ends correctly. However I have iPhone and iMac and I understand HoRNDIS is needed with Android devices.

I have been contacted by DJI support after sending email. I will wait for their answer.

2019-3-3
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

i have also no problem update my P4P, goggle RE or smart controller (android) without HoRNDIS.kext !!!
2019-3-4
Use props
Slot Tech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same problem on my Windows 10 computer.  Same version, 2.0.6  says can not get list, retry when my controller or Mavic 2 Pro is connected. Will not even tell me the current firmware on the controller or Mavic 2.  Please fix
2019-3-5
Use props
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Sweden

Hello everybody,

just a quick update. So far no solution from DJI yet. Emails are going back and forth and basically they just told me to uninstall and reinstall Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.

Obviously nothing changes. My impression is that they are aware of the problem but they do not have a solution yet. Anyway, I will wait for an answer, possibly conclusive one.

Vittorio
2019-3-8
Use props
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Sweden

Second update of the day and things are beginning to become ridiculous now.

They asked me: "would you mind providing the entire installation process? In order for us to further check this by our Engineers."

I mean, come on DJI you should know how your installation software works.
2019-3-8
Use props
Slot Tech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is still not working also. Still says network error and won't show current firmware on aircraft or controller
2019-3-12
Use props
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Sweden

Final update.

After a seriers of checks and controls I have finally been able to download the log files. I had to use a Windows 10 PC where I had to put in place a workaround in order to be able to use Assistant 2 for Mavic. At least I am sure my drone works.

There is no way Assistant 2 works on my iMac however.

Bottom line is that DJI Assistant 2 software sucks big time on both Windows and Apple environments. Too bad from a company like DJI. Improvements are a must. Hopefully they will soon release new versions.
2019-3-19
Use props
djiuser_9nuw8GtXuYYb
New

Germany

Hi Vittorio,

It is indeed an annoying issue. I was able to make it work on Mac as follows. Once you started DJI Assistant and see the error "failed to get log list", go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, on the tab General at the bottom, you should see that an app was blocked, so press Allow there, and then it should work.
2020-6-18
Use props
Vittorio Tonazzi
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_9nuw8GtXuYYb Posted at 6-18 02:36
Hi Vittorio,

It is indeed an annoying issue. I was able to make it work on Mac as follows. Once you started DJI Assistant and see the error "failed to get log list", go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, on the tab General at the bottom, you should see that an app was blocked, so press Allow there, and then it should work.

Hello,

thanks for the tip. I will try.
2020-6-18
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Vittorio Tonazzi Posted at 6-18 02:39
Hello,

thanks for the tip. I will try.

I have been using my Mac since P3. No problems.

But there are some issues you need to understand.

The advice above is good.

The other issue is check your network connection priority order.

Assistant 2 brings up a Network Connection to connect to the drone.

If your network priority is higher for the drone than your ethernet card or Wifi, then when you connect the drone it uses it as the default internet route and you lose internet connection.

The other issue is that Assistant 2 will not work on a USB 3 connection on a Mac. You need USB 2.

Cheers

2020-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules