Use selfiestick from my YI4k as a mini tripod
722 6 2019-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

When traveling, I am happy - especially my wife - about every weight saving.

I remembered the selfiestick of the YI. I use that very little anyway. Since I only use my YI4k Plus for time lapse shots. Since I can set here intervals of 0.5 and 1 second.

Now in conjunction with the Pocket I can use the Selfiestick quite well. Remove the screw with the loop and screw it onto a metal mini-tripod.  
The Selfiestick the YI is indeed relatively stable compared to other cheap Selfiesticks. That's enough for the pocket.

Metal mini tripodThey are available in plastic from just 2 $, but I find the floor space too small. I opted for a metal mini tripod.

The remote I have removed and attached an existing hot shoe adapter. You can then mount a mobile phone holder for the smartphone if necessary.
Hot shoe adapter for about 1 or 2 $. The phone holder could also be mounted on a small ball head - 3 $, then you can adjust it better.

IMG_0875-FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_0876.jpg
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Udo13. Thank you for sharing this information and this beautiful rig you have created for your DJI Osmo Pocket. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-3-2
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2019-3-3
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazon has that Y1 4K selfie stick on sale with a coupon at half off.  I ended up paying right at $20.00 for it after tax.
2019-3-3
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

BobWinNV Posted at 3-3 20:42
Amazon has that Y1 4K selfie stick on sale with a coupon at half off.  I ended up paying right at $20.00 for it after tax.

I bought it 2 years ago for 36 €, with Bluetoth.
But I use the yi4k only a little, only for time lapse, since intervals 0.5 and 1 second.

So I am glad that I had the idea for the tripod extension. When traveling, the low weight is ideal. And also to use as a self-stick for the pocket.
2019-3-4
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

Today I get the Little tripod
I really recommend it,  ideal as a supplement to my YI's existing selfi-stick.

2019-3-4
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Udo13 Posted at 3-4 09:24
Today I get the Little tripod
I really recommend it,  ideal as a supplement to my YI's existing selfi-stick.

My YI selfie stick came in the mail yesterday.  Thanks for suggesting it as it works well.  I have mine set up using the WIFI module which leaves the lightening port on my iPhone open for a USB microphone.  I works great and I am able to record good clean auto to the iPhone from the USB microphone while at the same time using the iPhone for with the Mimo app for viewing video.  I am using the iOS Apogee MetaRecorder app for recording the usb microphone audio.
2019-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules