Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
360 degree 'pirouette' with DJI GO?
531 1 2019-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve76063
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89780 ft
United States

Is there a way to get my P3A to do a slowish 360 degree pirouette at one of my waypoints?  I've been trying a few different methods (set the rotation to CCW, set camera angle to 180 from curent, and then back to current), but it doesn't do a full 360 (even though I'd set up CCW rotation, it turned 180 degrees CCW, but then turned back CW), and the turn rate was higher than I desired.
Any suggestions for a smooth 360 turn?
2019-3-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Steve,

The Litchi app is designed for that.  The new DJI Pilot app may be able to do it but I have not tried.  As for a computer perfect and perfectly smooth 360 degree turn, try Point of Interest in the Intelligent Flight Modes.

Most people think the Point of Interest is for looking into the center of a circle but it works very well looking across the circle (PAN).  And it does make a perfect circle, truly amazing.  I did a demo video on this some years ago but I included some other effects to;

Sorry, no sound.  You can control the rotation speed with the Point of Interest speed and direction option, but the length of the radius also affects the smoothness of the rotation.  You have to practice with it to get what you want.  (Short radius, faster rotation, longer radius, slower rotation.)  The altitude is low so you can see the effect of the long radius.  If you increase the altitude, the radius effect is less noticeable.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules