Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller for Mavic Enterprise Dual
5215 25 2019-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IanSBolton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63635 ft
United Kingdom

Don't know if this question's been asked before but can you use a Mavic Smart Controller with Mavic Enterprise aircraft? If you can add the Pilot app to it, it must surely be ok?

Kind regards, Ian.
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ian. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information regarding this inquiry when will the DJI Smart Controller will work with the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. For the latest update on both the  DJI Smart Controller and with the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you.
2019-3-2
Use props
tcrramos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53976 ft
Brazil

On the site of the control has the photo of DJI Pilot !! inducing customers to error !!
2019-3-3
Use props
tcrramos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53976 ft
Brazil

I just bought the control, I paid 700.00 because I found nowhere to 649.00, now I discover that I will not be able to use in the Mavic Enterprise Dual! what is the forecast to work ??
2019-3-3
Use props
TKFlips
Flight distance : 49957 ft
United States

My Smart Controller is not recognizing my Mavic 2 but instead shows connected to Phantom and wants me to download something.  Any way to get this fixed?
2019-3-9
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

TKFlips Posted at 3-9 06:53
My Smart Controller is not recognizing my Mavic 2 but instead shows connected to Phantom and wants me to download something.  Any way to get this fixed?

There's a LINK option on the Smart Controller and the link button on the Mavic2 (one of those little flap/covers).  That should straighten things out.
2019-3-9
Use props
TKFlips
Flight distance : 49957 ft
United States

Thanks..but I tried the LINK but is looks like it connects then kicks me to a screen showing the device connected is a Phantom.  By the way, I have Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual..so I just saw post above and checked specs and it doesn't look like it support the DUAL?   Is that correct? Shirley there has to be a way to make it work with Mavic Dual.
2019-3-9
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

TKFlips Posted at 3-9 20:33
Thanks..but I tried the LINK but is looks like it connects then kicks me to a screen showing the device connected is a Phantom.  By the way, I have Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual..so I just saw post above and checked specs and it doesn't look like it support the DUAL?   Is that correct? Shirley there has to be a way to make it work with Mavic Dual.

From what I've read, so far, the Smart Controller does not work with the Enterprise models YET.  So that may be your problem.  

I guess DJI needs a real kick in the rear to get this working since they advertise (or did???) that it works with Enterprise models.  

Hopefully, they get your happy soon.
2019-3-10
Use props
G65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173615 ft
United States

I am unable to add the DJI Pilot app to the Smart controller.
2019-3-11
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 3-10 06:34
From what I've read, so far, the Smart Controller does not work with the Enterprise models YET.  So that may be your problem.  

I guess DJI needs a real kick in the rear to get this working since they advertise (or did???) that it works with Enterprise models.  

they did indeed say it would work with models using ocusync so most normal rational people would have thought that enterprise models came into that category - I am still waiting on buying 2 of these but will not do so until they make them compatible with the enterprise models....how difficult can it be to prevent it from being used with these models ?????
2019-3-12
Use props
Manolo_1
lvl.3
Puerto Rico

I just bought the M2ED and a Smart Controller and have the same issue. It only recognizes it as a Phantom. It tries to download the DJI Go App.

I downloaded the DJI Pilot app to the SC by downloading the APK. But I dont knlw how to link it with the DJI Pilot app.

This is my first drone btw...
2019-3-18
Use props
HisRain
New
Flight distance : 73681 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

I bought Smart controller, but dont use with my enterprise mavic due to incompatibility with enterrise with smart controller, When I can use my smart controller ?
2019-3-20
Use props
fans50121fa4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123281 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to my pain... Not so Smart controller... What a load of ...!
2019-3-26
Use props
danwal1982
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40932 ft
Germany

So had a look around in the in the settings of the SmartController and i think the problem is the signal which in normal case with standard controller comes over the USB port. In Smart controller i found a setting for "ethernet" but there is no ethernet port on smart controller so i think the ethernet port is used for communication between the controller part and the display part of the smart controller.

I was unable to open have a look into the DJI Go4 app which is installed on the controller but if there is someone who is really good Android i think it will be easy to make the pilot app work on smart controller.
2019-3-26
Use props
fans50121fa4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123281 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had information on good authority today that there will be a Firmware update for Pilot to work with the Mavic Enterprise on the Smart controller, approximately second week this April.
2019-3-27
Use props
Manolo_1
lvl.3
Puerto Rico

Any news on the firmware update?
2019-4-16
Use props
Boggus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2185075 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans50121fa4 Posted at 3-27 15:36
I have had information on good authority today that there will be a Firmware update for Pilot to work with the Mavic Enterprise on the Smart controller, approximately second week this April.

Any day now, would love to use my smart controller.  Anyone have an update on when?
2019-4-17
Use props
Unicks
lvl.1

Canada

DJI may be coming up against another class action suit here with this "Smart Controller" fiasco! There are certainly grounds for one.

It would seem that they would rather polish the DJI Go app before doing anything with the DJI Pilot app for Android and the M2ED, which is quite sad in light of their Mavic 2 Enterprise advertising from December/2018. If one looks at the packaging of the Mavic 2 Enterprise, there is absolutely no mention of Android compatibility.. it's all wallpapered with CRAPple compatibility. I had our company legal team have a look at it and they were surprised that DJI was actually advertising both, including the media publicized by DJI depicting compatibility. They really need to remove the images from the net that depicts the "Smart Controller" running the DJI Pilot app.. that is a lie, plain and simple!

Sad times on the way for DJI as I expect to get my money back one way or another.. without a BS 30% restocking fee... they should be paying me for the inconvenience I've encountered because of their deception!

U
2019-4-17
Use props
Manolo_1
lvl.3
Puerto Rico

Guys.
I just refreshed the SC firmware, which is the same version I already had, and deleted and reinstalled the DJI Pilot APP (by downloading the APK using APKPure) and you know what? The SC recognized the M2ED and was able to setup and calibrate it. I have not flight it yet because I am working with other stuff right now but the motors react just as if it flies. I have to say this is my first DJI drone and I am not completely sure if the settings I am doing are correct.

Try it and let me know you feedback.

I really don't know how but it apparently works. It just recognized it immediately. Apparently it has all the functions except I don't know how to save the back buttons selection settings.

I also noticed that it didn't register (activated) the drone.

Do you know if when it does activate it gives me the option to buy a DJI Shield subscription? or How Can I get a DJI Shield subscription?
2019-4-19
Use props
Kendallqn
Flight distance : 8373 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I've read elsewhere you can not yet.  A lot of people are asking for it.  Im sure DJI will get to it eventually
2019-4-19
Use props
Manolo_1
lvl.3
Puerto Rico

Kendallqn Posted at 4-19 20:54
From what I've read elsewhere you can not yet.  A lot of people are asking for it.  Im sure DJI will get to it eventually

Do you mean that the Enterprise Shield is not available yet for the Mavic 2 Enterprise? I am just asking because I saw it was mentioned and some dealers are selling the drone "with Shield Basic" but I don't know...
2019-4-20
Use props
rangemaster728
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72149 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK...we’re now into the FOURTH week of April and still no word regarding the Smart Controller finally being compatible with the M2E...and tired of ‘please check our website’ response.
2019-4-22
Use props
Boggus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2185075 ft
  • >>>
United States

What I have found is you can use the browser on the SC remote and go to DJI.com site and find the DJI Pilot app, download and install it.  The SC will run version 1.3.0 and it does fly the E birds.  Once installed you will need to accept all the pop up stuff.  I have flown 2 batteries with the SC and everything works, well other than the flight data upload.

Once installed the only way I could figure to link the E to the controller was to do it through the Go4 app then switching over to the Pilot.  It was linked and has worked since.
2019-4-23
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Manolo_1 Posted at 3-18 19:45
I just bought the M2ED and a Smart Controller and have the same issue. It only recognizes it as a Phantom. It tries to download the DJI Go App.

I downloaded the DJI Pilot app to the SC by downloading the APK. But I dont knlw how to link it with the DJI Pilot app.

although APk is supported in Smart controller, but I would wait until DJI offer the official download and update.
2019-4-23
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Unicks Posted at 4-17 15:01
DJI may be coming up against another class action suit here with this "Smart Controller" fiasco! There are certainly grounds for one.

It would seem that they would rather polish the DJI Go app before doing anything with the DJI Pilot app for Android and the M2ED, which is quite sad in light of their Mavic 2 Enterprise advertising from December/2018. If one looks at the packaging of the Mavic 2 Enterprise, there is absolutely no mention of Android compatibility.. it's all wallpapered with CRAPple compatibility. I had our company legal team have a look at it and they were surprised that DJI was actually advertising both, including the media publicized by DJI depicting compatibility. They really need to remove the images from the net that depicts the "Smart Controller" running the DJI Pilot app.. that is a lie, plain and simple!

if there is such discrepancy, you can definitely get a refund or even sue DJI for this.
2019-4-23
Use props
Unicks
lvl.1

Canada

Manolo_1 Posted at 4-19 16:03
Guys.
I just refreshed the SC firmware, which is the same version I already had, and deleted and reinstalled the DJI Pilot APP (by downloading the APK using APKPure) and you know what? The SC recognized the M2ED and was able to setup and calibrate it. I have not flight it yet because I am working with other stuff right now but the motors react just as if it flies. I have to say this is my first DJI drone and I am not completely sure if the settings I am doing are correct.

I tried this when I first received my SC back in early january... The SC will connect and bind to the M2E and show video, even able to "fly" it. I remember the telemetry was all jacked with errors so I decided to come here and figure out what I was doing wrong... well, it turned out to be DJI's messup and deceiving advertising of their products.

Good luck with this, just don't be too surprised when things start to go sideways!

U
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules