Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ATTI vs OPTI mode
12652 9 2019-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrunchyChris
lvl.1

United States

Can someone please explain what the difference between ATTI and OPTI mode is in simple terms?
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day CrunchyChris. Thank you for the inquiry. The Drone will revert to ATTI mode when the GPS signal is weak, or when the compass experiences interference where the Vision System is unavailable. I ATTI mode, the AC is easily affected by its surroundings, which may result in horizontal shifting. On the other hand the OPTI mode is when the Drone is only using it's vision system to stabilize it's position. If you have any other inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2019-3-2
Use props
CrunchyChris
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-2 15:23
Hello and good day CrunchyChris. Thank you for the inquiry. The Drone will revert to ATTI mode when the GPS signal is weak, or when the compass experiences interference where the Vision System is unavailable. I ATTI mode, the AC is easily affected by its surroundings, which may result in horizontal shifting. On the other hand the OPTI mode is when the Drone is only using it's vision system to stabilize it's position. If you have any other inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.

Thank you for your help!
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

CrunchyChris Posted at 3-2 15:40
Thank you for your help!

You are very much welcome CrunchyChris. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-2
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

In addition post #2.

be aware, if you start to fly in OPTI (enough visual to be used) and you are getting higher.....at some point the visual reference is low so the drone enters ATTI !

So when you are not aware that the flight starts in OPTI it will be a akward surprice to get into ATTI suddenly.

cheers
JJB
2019-3-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

JJB* Posted at 3-3 05:21
Hiya,

In addition post #2.

My experience tells me that you can't get into ATTI, in case you never have been in GPS-mode on that flight, prior.
After starting in visual mode, the drone just flies to 5 or 6m and not higher.
First after you got "Homepoint set, check it on the map" (GPS Mode), you can fly higher / out of VPS range

Which is one reason, we can't (without wolfers hack) "train" in ATTI

2019-3-3
Use props
snowbird pilot
Second Officer
United States

was wondering this also!
2019-3-3
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

S-e-ven Posted at 3-3 10:03
My experience tells me that you can't get into ATTI, in case you never have been in GPS-mode on that flight, prior.
After starting in visual mode, the drone just flies to 5 or 6m and not higher.
First after you got "Homepoint set, check it on the map" (GPS Mode), you can fly higher / out of VPS range

yes, you are right about this, height is limited.
But if you loose visual reference al low altitude ATTI will be there!

For MA height limit is 5 meter (downward vision activated) or 30 meter (downward vision not activated)
Vision Position cannot be de-activated so AFAIK upto 30 meters height flying in OPTI is possible plus loosing reference so ATTI.

See picture data

Take-off with 0 sats, after take-off sat count to 7 ; shortly P-GPS, and OPTI and ATTI. Height limit check not used once it is overruled by P-GPS.
So flying higher than 5 meter, and into ATTI....

cheers
JJB

OPTIATTI.png
2019-3-3
Use props
fans823458e3
lvl.1

India

What type of INTERFERENCE will push drone to ATTI?
I experienced this scenario twice...
1. when my drone got sudden out of control, with compass error. Drone was flying in VISON-ATTI, just out side of a shopping complex parking multistorey parking lot. I lost control and it crashed.
2. When I was shooting with full GPS-P, and tried to toggle to ATTI shoot under an open tin shade 3ftx6ft and 7ft height. It suddenly started drifting and somehow I manage to escape a crash as I had my prop guards on this time. It gave compass error and told to move drone... and after a restart all became normal.
So, I am very much confused at some points...
1. Did that tin shade created interference for. Compass?
2. What the hell could create such interference at an open space outside a parking lot?
3. What about INFRARED OBSTACLE SENSORS?

2020-3-2
Use props
Matt77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2362198 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Hi, may not be a question directly on this topic but is related to the use of intelligent flight mode in P-Opti mode with M2P! I recently flew inside a factory complex and I needed to shoot certain objects, And spotlight option inside tracking mode would be helpful to me in that situation but I didn't dare considering this option when i'am in P-Opti mode. I had never tried it before. I'm not sure if it's even possible to use activtrack / spotlight in P-Opti mode? I would be very grateful if anyone could answer that question.  Thanks in advance.
2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules