P4P Battery Won't Charge After 6 Month Storage
1035 4 2019-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrepidatioN
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,

Used my P4P drone over the summer and then stored it for about 6 months. Took it out of storage pushed the battery light and nothing. Plugged it into the charger overnight and nothing. Did some reading online and apparently these are junk if you store them too long which obviously is very frusterating. Went and found my Phantom 3 batery which hasn't been used for over a year at least and pushed the button and boom a single LED. Plugged it into the charger and it is charging right now at about 3 bars. So why is a P3 battery that has been in storage for probably 18 months charges up fine and and a P4 battery that sat six months is garbage.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

2019-3-2
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

HMMMM

Did you have it on the Charge base in " storage mode" ?

If so,  send it to DJI and tell them........

If Not,  try plugging in to charger and hold the button down for a minute or two.... ( a reach at best ) then let sit on the charger overnight....in a barbeque!!! NOT in your house or garage......there is ALWAYS a possibility of fire with Lithium Ion batteries

Randy
2019-3-2
Use props
TrepidatioN
lvl.1
United States

No sir I just had it in the case with the drone. It wasn't on a charge base.
2019-3-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I think you got lucky with the P3 battery.

Lipos are like hamsters.  If you ignore them, they die.

Sorry for your loss.
2019-3-3
Use props
TrepidatioN
lvl.1
United States

LOL! That is certainly a good way to put it. So I stripped the battery down and disconnected the balancing plug for a while. Reconnected it and got LEDs very briefly and then nothing. I believe it is doing some type of low voltage cutoff check and then disabling the charging when it is too low. I'm going to try and circumvent the PCB and charge the battery directly while monitoring voltage. If I can charge it enough then maybe hook up the PCB and it will pass the test and accept the charging from the power supply.
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules