Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery issue
823 8 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zed475
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just received this new dji Spark with 3 batteries (bought on ebay UK) - sold as brand new. On testing 1 of the battery does not seem to be charged. Have tried with the accompanied charging hub, in the Spark itself, on pcs with no luck. See attached videos for advice on what that means. The lights started being solid red, then green, 2 green lights blink. When the power button is pressed on the battery it shows 1 solid green light, and that doesnt matter if I leave it to charge for 15mins/1hr/7hrs, same result, it doesnt charge more than that and the Spark doesn't power on!

20190303_130841 copy.jpg
2019-3-3
Use props
pmshop
Captain
Flight distance : 7881391 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try charging through the spark. It is a last ditch effort but it sounds like it sat on the shelf for too long before shipping.

Remember, batteries may not have been grabbed out of the same lot for packing.
If still does not charge, then contact DJI for exchange.

2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to read about the problem with your battery. If this specific battery won't charge using different ways of charging and it would not provide power supply to the aircraft then I'm afraid that we couldn't provide further troubleshooting with this situation. I would recommend contacting our support using the link below for us to provide an appropriate resolution. Please see the link below if you wish to contact our support. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-3-3
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

pmshop Posted at 3-3 06:06
Try charging through the spark. It is a last ditch effort but it sounds like it sat on the shelf for too long before shipping.

Remember, batteries may not have been grabbed out of the same lot for packing.

He states he did try charging through the Spark...
2019-3-3
Use props
snowbird pilot
Second Officer
United States

hmmm... ebay??
2019-3-3
Use props
pmshop
Captain
Flight distance : 7881391 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 3-3 10:24
He states he did try charging through the Spark...

DUH!
How did I miss that?
2019-3-3
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Using DJI GO4 app can you tell the battery % charge? If more than 8%, discharge it to that value and try charging it again. Cheers
2019-3-4
Use props
zed475
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the advice guys, yeah, only one thing left, the seller is willing to order a new one for me and will contact dji as he bought it new only 3 months ago. BTW I did try different plugs/ cables, with the Spark / charging hub/ power bank, all sorts. The lights 2 green lights comes on 4 times in a row only blink when is plugged, but as soon as its off no lights comes on. I'm new to drone but thought how hard can it be to charge it. Also, have 2 other batteries that came together they work fine, charges with both hub and spark!
2019-3-5
Use props
fans49153e39
New

India

zed475 Posted at 3-5 12:52
Thanks for the advice guys, yeah, only one thing left, the seller is willing to order a new one for me and will contact dji as he bought it new only 3 months ago. BTW I did try different plugs/ cables, with the Spark / charging hub/ power bank, all sorts. The lights 2 green lights comes on 4 times in a row only blink when is plugged, but as soon as its off no lights comes on. I'm new to drone but thought how hard can it be to charge it. Also, have 2 other batteries that came together they work fine, charges with both hub and spark!

@zed475 I'm having the same issue with a my new Spark. Except I've got just the one battery and it keeps going through the cycle of 4 blinks of the first two lights and then going blank. What did you end up doing to fix this?
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules