Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Binding Problem
2247 14 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David J.
Captain
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

I just picked up a DJI Spark with a remote (used). Taking it home, I charged both up. I can connect and control the Spark with an iPhone/iPad fine. But, I can’t connect the remote for two reasons.
First, when the remote is turned on, pressing the Flight Pause, Fn, and Customizable button does not engage the binding process.

As an alternative I was going to try to start the binding process through DJI Go 4, but the remote WiFi doesn’t show up on any of my devices.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you manage to reset the wifi of your remote controller by pressing the power button? If not, you may press and hold the power button of the remote controller for 9 seconds until hearing a toning sound like "DDD" and the Wi-Fi will be reset. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-3
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 08:21
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you manage to reset the wifi of your remote controller by pressing the power button? If not, you may press and hold the power button of the remote controller for 9 seconds until hearing a toning sound like "DDD" and the Wi-Fi will be reset. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Thanks for reply. Yes, I have tried to reset the WiFi with no avail - the WiFi still isn’t showing up.
2019-3-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I assume you starting the binding on the drone and on the RC, right? The RC is not starting to beep? Get an OTG cable and try the app binding via cable between phone and RC. And try it with an android, too.
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

David J. Posted at 3-3 08:30
Thanks for reply. Yes, I have tried to reset the WiFi with no avail - the WiFi still isn’t showing up.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Please try to refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 on your computer, however, if the drone is already up to date, you may refresh the firmware instead. After using the DJI Assitant 2, you could try to re-link the aircraft and remote controller again to see if that would work. If this situation would persist, I'm afraid that the remote controller doesn't work properly and it needs to send the unit into our facility for further evaluation. For the mean-time, you refer to the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2019-3-3
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 3-3 10:29
I assume you starting the binding on the drone and on the RC, right? The RC is not starting to beep? Get an OTG cable and try the app binding via cable between phone and RC. And try it with an android, too.

Correct for your first two questions. I tried to do the wired connection, but the app didn’t register that the remote was plugged in. I don’t have an Android, so can’t try with that. Not sure where to go from here really besides sending it in...
2019-3-3
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 14:27
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Please try to refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 on your computer, however, if the drone is already up to date, you may refresh the firmware instead. After using the DJI Assitant 2, you could try to re-link the aircraft and remote controller again to see if that would work. If this situation would persist, I'm afraid that the remote controller doesn't work properly and it needs to send the unit into our facility for further evaluation. For the mean-time, you refer to the link below for you to download the application.

I updated the firmware and unfortunately that did’t have any effect. Would sending the repairs cost anything? The issue seems to clearly be a software issue, of which I could have had no effect on. Thanks for the help.
2019-3-3
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 14:27
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Please try to refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 on your computer, however, if the drone is already up to date, you may refresh the firmware instead. After using the DJI Assitant 2, you could try to re-link the aircraft and remote controller again to see if that would work. If this situation would persist, I'm afraid that the remote controller doesn't work properly and it needs to send the unit into our facility for further evaluation. For the mean-time, you refer to the link below for you to download the application.

I contacted DJI Support and they requested that I send the remote in for repair. I was told that they would determine the cost of repair when the received it; however if I declined the repairs I could be charged a $65 per hour fee for labor. Seeing that this is a software problem, this seems extremely unreasonable.

Is there any other option or way to get this straightened out?
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

David J. Posted at 3-5 13:56
I contacted DJI Support and they requested that I send the remote in for repair. I was told that they would determine the cost of repair when the received it; however if I declined the repairs I could be charged a $65 per hour fee for labor. Seeing that this is a software problem, this seems extremely unreasonable.

Is there any other option or way to get this straightened out?

Hi there David. Apologies for the confusion. There is no labor charge if you declined the device for repairs. You will only be charged labor fee if their repairs proceeded upon your approval. If the aircraft and remote controller is within warranty periods, it will be serviced under warranty policy. Hope this clarifies your concern, and should you have any further inquiries or want to know the progress of your case, please visit this link for more detailed information. Thank you.
2019-3-6
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 3-6 09:30
Hi there David. Apologies for the confusion. There is no labor charge if you declined the device for repairs. You will only be charged labor fee if their repairs proceeded upon your approval. If the aircraft and remote controller is within warranty periods, it will be serviced under warranty policy. Hope this clarifies your concern, and should you have any further inquiries or want to know the progress of your case, please visit this link for more detailed information. Thank you.

Ok, that clears things up, thank you.
2019-3-6
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 3-6 09:30
Hi there David. Apologies for the confusion. There is no labor charge if you declined the device for repairs. You will only be charged labor fee if their repairs proceeded upon your approval. If the aircraft and remote controller is within warranty periods, it will be serviced under warranty policy. Hope this clarifies your concern, and should you have any further inquiries or want to know the progress of your case, please visit this link for more detailed information. Thank you.

I sent it in, and after inspection, the repair verdict is that it is not a product malfunction (?) and I owe them $129 for repairs. This seem a bit far-fetched considering that the problem is clearly induced by a firmware update and was observed in many other cases. It seems that paying for a product malfunction seems absurd.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

David J. Posted at 3-18 19:30
I sent it in, and after inspection, the repair verdict is that it is not a product malfunction (?) and I owe them $129 for repairs. This seem a bit far-fetched considering that the problem is clearly induced by a firmware update and was observed in many other cases. It seems that paying for a product malfunction seems absurd.

We are deeply sorry if you are experiencing issues with your unit but we can only process warranty service if the part will fall within the warranty period please be advised that we only have a 1-year warranty for the remote controller and upon checking on our system it was activated last 8-10-17. Once you are out of the warranty period, we can no longer provide warranty service as the lifespan of your unit will depend on the totality of how it was used and all, however, we will continue providing paid repair services for an out-of-warranty product. We hope you can understand that every electronic product has a certain warranty period. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you.
2019-3-19
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 3-19 07:35
We are deeply sorry if you are experiencing issues with your unit but we can only process warranty service if the part will fall within the warranty period please be advised that we only have a 1-year warranty for the remote controller and upon checking on our system it was activated last 8-10-17. Once you are out of the warranty period, we can no longer provide warranty service as the lifespan of your unit will depend on the totality of how it was used and all, however, we will continue providing paid repair services for an out-of-warranty product. We hope you can understand that every electronic product has a certain warranty period. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you.

Ok, thanks anyway. Could I have the remote sent back to me without repairs?
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

David J. Posted at 3-21 21:13
Ok, thanks anyway. Could I have the remote sent back to me without repairs?

Hi David J. Yes you may request that if you opted not to proceed with the repairs. Kindly contact our Product Support if you decide to send back the remote without being repaired. Should you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-3-22
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 3-22 08:11
Hi David J. Yes you may request that if you opted not to proceed with the repairs. However, the shipment will be covered on your end. Kindly contact our Product Support if you decide to send back the remote without being repaired. Should you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

Ok, thank you. I still wonder what I may have done to cause the issue? It occurred after a firmware update, so it seems to be directly related to that...but who knows.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules