2583 10 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnPathfinder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366857 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic 2.0.6 for Windows 10 from the official website (https://www.dji.com/ca/mavic-2/info#downloads)

Bitdefender (https://www.bitdefender.com/) detected Gen:Trojan.Heur.PM.2 in Viewer.exe:

I realize this is probably false positive and I've seen other threads about viruses detected (albeit in older versions of the software,) but I thought it would be prudent to at least mention what I found.  

Also hoping someone from DJI can confirm things are OK and perhaps contact Bitdefender to get rid of the false positive for other folks who might see it like me.  

Thanks!

2019-3-3
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

More engines find viewer.exe infected:

2019-3-3
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

seen same as me. i found it was virus. i no choice and accept to run it. if delete some virus and download latest firmware may not work. i worry because engines some missing files dji assistant 2 after deleted virus inside.
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JohnPathfinder. Thank you for reaching out. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for us to check this information you have provided. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-3
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Same here. Also found by BD.

Although its possible to detect a false positive it does make you wonder.

Best thing to do is to submit to BD for analysis asking for an answer asap.

I needed the program to install a vital update which I could not do through the phone and without which I could not fly. I will uninstall and re-install as/when needed only. Its only on my old laptop which I hardly use so not too fussed but a concern nevertheless.

2019-3-3
Use props
-=[ Pathfinder ]=-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366857 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-3 09:54
Hello and good day JohnPathfinder. Thank you for reaching out. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for us to check this information you have provided. Thank you for your support.

Thanks Stephen!  
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome JohnPathfinder. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-4
Use props
Slot Tech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have this version also, and when the remote or aircraft is plugged in, it does not tell me my current firmware like it used to. Says unable to get list.  Is this version of Assistant broken?
2019-3-5
Use props
BayouFlyer
New
United States

I've been dealing with this for years with no resolution. Just tried updating my Phantom and Bitdefender found the same thing.
2019-3-21
Use props
BayouFlyer
New
United States

2019-3-21
Use props
TurboTas
New
Flight distance : 35190 ft
United Kingdom

I'm getting AV hits from both bitdefender and McAfee on both the Simulator and Assistant. Clearly something odd here..
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules