Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using Osmo as an input device
616 5 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy_fcd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81985 ft
United Kingdom

I was hoping that I could initiate the Osmo, pair it via BT with my S8 and then use the zoom and record buttons to control the standard S8 camera App rather than being limited to the DJI Go App functions.
However, when I try this the zoom slider and M buttons do nothing but pressing the record button zooms in.  Is there any way to correct this?
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The maximum digital zoom of the Osmo Mobile 2 would depend on the model of the phone and its digital zoom capability, the APP does not explicitly limit the maximum zoom factor. May we know if you manage to pair with the Osmo mobile 2 and use your default camera application on your mobile device to see if you could control the zoom functionality?  Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-4
Use props
andy_fcd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Tony.  It all works fine when in the DJI GO app (although it is a shame that i have to have GO installed for this and GO4 for my mavic 2).
My query is why i can't use it as an input device when I'm not in the GO app ... if i have it connected and open the s8 camera app then M and the zoom switch do nothing and the record button equates to zoom in.  
It all seems a bit odd?
2019-3-4
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The camera app would need to build in support for the Osmo using DJI's Software Development Kit. The only product I know of that does this outside of the GO app is Filmic Pro which gives you full control of the Osmo Mobile while in a much better camera app.
2019-3-5
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

andy_fcd Posted at 3-4 23:25
Thanks Tony.  It all works fine when in the DJI GO app (although it is a shame that i have to have GO installed for this and GO4 for my mavic 2).
My query is why i can't use it as an input device when I'm not in the GO app ... if i have it connected and open the s8 camera app then M and the zoom switch do nothing and the record button equates to zoom in.  
It all seems a bit odd?

In the Samsung camera, have you set the volume button to 'record video'?

I found this allows my S7 to use the record button of the OM2 to stop/ start recording.  The OM2 zoom rocker still does nothing, ( with no option to remap any of the buttons either).  

To take photos, i have set up the voice control on the Samsung camera - say cheese or smile etc. Works really well.
2019-3-6
Use props
andy_fcd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

kbm79 Posted at 3-6 05:33
In the Samsung camera, have you set the volume button to 'record video'?

I found this allows my S7 to use the record button of the OM2 to stop/ start recording.  The OM2 zoom rocker still does nothing, ( with no option to remap any of the buttons either).  

excellent point - thanks ... my volume control was set to zoom and this is what the record button did on the osmo so clearly for one reason or another as an input device the  Osmo2 record button is mapped to the phone volume up button so presumably can be configured to take photos, take video or zoom in (but not out) !

2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules