8802 37 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1cb9ffe8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298504 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello! My name is Marco and i use ronin s for work. Does anyone knows if the ronin s will be compatible with fuji xt3? Is to be understood with the commands of the rec and menu.
Thanks very much
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. Fuji XT3 is not in our compatible list, the control functions cannot be ensured, we will keep testing more cameras and updating our compatible list, please note the future update, thank you.
2019-3-3
Use props
fans1cb9ffe8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you Mindy for the answer. I do not think there is any interest in DJI's ability to enable these function for fujifilm! perhaps it would be in contrast with some agreements made with other manufacturers...what do you think Mindy about?

2019-3-3
Use props
ibro
lvl.2

Turkey

fans1cb9ffe8 Posted at 3-3 22:54
Thank you Mindy for the answer. I do not think there is any interest in DJI's ability to enable these function for fujifilm! perhaps it would be in contrast with some agreements made with other manufacturers...what do you think Mindy about?

The reluctance of DJI in supporting Fuji (no Fuji cameras are supported atm) suggests that you might be right about this.
2019-3-3
Use props
fans1cb9ffe8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

ibro Posted at 3-3 23:45
The reluctance of DJI in supporting Fuji (no Fuji cameras are supported atm) suggests that you might be right about this.

and certainly, because we are a small number of fujifilm owners

2019-3-3
Use props
ibro
lvl.2

Turkey

fans1cb9ffe8 Posted at 3-3 23:52
and certainly, because we are a small number of fujifilm owners

Yeah you are right, Fuji was not a serious video brand but that was until the release of the X-H1 and X-T3. Those two cameras have great video capabilities and people use them for video. So there is an expanding Fuji user base looking for video gear such as the Ronin.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1cb9ffe8 Posted at 3-3 22:54

Whether a camera model will be compatible with Ronin-S will be decided by the market and the cooperation between two manufacturers, we listen to our customers' feedback and will transfer to our engineers, but whether and when it will be available will be decided by our engineers, we do not have the related info currently, appreciate your understanding.
2019-3-4
Use props
fans1cb9ffe8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-4 23:49
Whether a camera model will be compatible with Ronin-S will be decided by the market and the cooperation between two manufacturers, we listen to our customers' feedback and will transfer to our engineers, but whether and when it will be available will be decided by our engineers, we do not have the related info currently, appreciate your understanding.

Thanks for the answer
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1cb9ffe8 Posted at 3-4 23:51
Thanks for the answer

No problem, please note our website of the future update.
2019-3-5
Use props
fans96d1b2be
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-5 00:27
No problem, please note our website of the future update.

Hey DJI Mindy, any updates on whether the X-T3 will be supported by DJi Ronin-S? Fujifilm demand seems to have grown larger than expected. Any thoughts? If support was there, myself and others would be purchasing almost instantaneously.

Sean
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans96d1b2be Posted at 5-10 01:47
Hey DJI Mindy, any updates on whether the X-T3 will be supported by DJi Ronin-S? Fujifilm demand seems to have grown larger than expected. Any thoughts? If support was there, myself and others would be purchasing almost instantaneously.

Sean

Hi Sean, our engineers are working on it, please note the future firmware upgrade.
2019-5-11
Use props
djiuser_G5wwskws92tA
New
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 18:53
Hi Sean, our engineers are working on it, please note the future firmware upgrade.

Hey DJI Mindy,
Is the update already available or is there a release date?
I'm creating right now a new setup for work, including a new camera and gimbal. Watching all the positive reviews of the xt3 and the ronin s I would like to combine these two together. Because of that i'm depending on the compatibility.
Thank you for an answer  
2019-7-6
Use props
moe_iq1
New

Still waiting
2019-7-12
Use props
beninspain2
New
Spain

Please please can we have XT3 compatibility.
2019-7-15
Use props
Prisonplanet
New

Croatia

One more XT-3 and Ronin-S user here! Ronin-SC can handle XT-3 and my favourite lenses...

What's the wait, guys?

Cheers!

:-)
2019-7-23
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Prisonplanet Posted at 7-23 13:56
One more XT-3 and Ronin-S user here! Ronin-SC can handle XT-3 and my favourite lenses...

What's the wait, guys?

HI PP,

In another thread on this forum, DJI is now reporting that they cannot support record on/off on the Fujifilm X-T3 because the FujiFilm SDK does not support record on/off.

I am urging all individuals that own an X-T3/Ronin S write FujiFilm and request that they add record on/off to their SDK package.

Donald Barar

BTW.  The Ronin SC only supports taking photographs for Fuji cameras.  The SC does not support record on/off.
2019-7-23
Use props
aidar.kz
lvl.4

Kazakhstan

DGBarar Posted at 7-23 19:07
HI PP,

In another thread on this forum, DJI is now reporting that they cannot support record on/off on the Fujifilm X-T3 because the FujiFilm SDK does not support record on/off.

I wonder at what stage DJI engineers have come to realize that Fuji API does not provide ways for triggering rec start/stop functionality? Was it before admins on this forum reported to Fuji users that support is in the development? Or only after giving vague promise of future firmware support?
2019-8-8
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

aidar.kz Posted at 8-8 22:01
I wonder at what stage DJI engineers have come to realize that Fuji API does not provide ways for triggering rec start/stop functionality? Was it before admins on this forum reported to Fuji users that support is in the development? Or only after giving vague promise of future firmware support?

I doubt that we will ever get an answer from DJI on these questions.
2019-8-9
Use props
djiuser_jzizGSb7QUAb
lvl.1
Turkey

I have a ronin sc and xt3. But i think problem is fujifilm. They need make a update. I think its not dji problem.
2019-8-17
Use props
RLandor
lvl.1

Netherlands

I've got an xt3 as well and would like to use the app to set a motiontrack. But without a cable it does not seem to work. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? I can enable recording manually on the camera, and press the button to start the motiontrack, but it does not start with a message stating that a cable needs to be connected.
2019-8-22
Use props
BrettMartin
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_jzizGSb7QUAb Posted at 8-17 01:43
I have a ronin sc and xt3. But i think problem is fujifilm. They need make a update. I think its not dji problem.

This is technically correct. Using the USB-C connection it looks like Fujifilm did not make it easy to start recording. However, the X-T3 supports the oldest remote spec ever, a "dumb" push button remote trigger. DJI could easily support this style of firing the X-T3 without any help from Fuji!
2019-8-27
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BrettMartin Posted at 8-27 11:45
This is technically correct. Using the USB-C connection it looks like Fujifilm did not make it easy to start recording. However, the X-T3 supports the oldest remote spec ever, a "dumb" push button remote trigger. DJI could easily support this style of firing the X-T3 without any help from Fuji!

Hi Brett:

Interesting comment.  I wonder if we could pick off the signal for record on/off from a camera that is supported and do a little electronics in a custom cable to trigger the record on/off in the X-T3?  Might be possible as the iOS app supports remote triggering of record on/off.  But then again, if there is no way via USB C to trigger the camera not sure how this could work.

Don Barar
2019-8-27
Use props
Aer0Max
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453271 ft
Italy

They are XT3 and Ronin SC, I also hope for the activation of the REC Start and Stop function
2019-8-27
Use props
aidar.kz
lvl.4

Kazakhstan

has anybody tested the new firmware with support of Fuji X-T3?
2019-8-28
Use props
djiuser_jzizGSb7QUAb
lvl.1
Turkey

Aer0Max Posted at 8-27 21:11
They are XT3 and Ronin SC, I also hope for the activation of the REC Start and Stop function

I am also waiting....
2019-9-1
Use props
JacobACrocker
lvl.1

aidar.kz Posted at 8-28 19:12
has anybody tested the new firmware with support of Fuji X-T3?

I just updated to firmware 1.9.0.80  and was sorely disappointed. When using the autofocus and shutter release function of the Ronin S with the X-T3, it defaults to single photo mode and does not allow you to change the mode. Unfortunately, I don't see why DJI bothered to add this if there was no functionality for video. I don't know of anyone who puts a camera on a gimbal to take still images. Anyone have a different experience?
2019-9-14
Use props
leaf_biter
New

Still waiting for support for my XT3, aside from photos (why?!)... disappointed to see that the Ronin SC supports it, considering I bought a heavier, more expensive Ronin S with the willingness to wait it out for support. Might as well just sell it and go for the SC at this rate.
2019-10-8
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>

leaf_biter Posted at 10-8 08:46
Still waiting for support for my XT3, aside from photos (why?!)... disappointed to see that the Ronin SC supports it, considering I bought a heavier, more expensive Ronin S with the willingness to wait it out for support. Might as well just sell it and go for the SC at this rate.

HI LB:

Thanks for continuing this thread.  I also own an X-T3.  I was induced to purchase a Ronin S by DJI Forum Administrators that made promises that the X-T3 would be supported.

I initially took the DJI line that the they could not support FujiFilm because it was an issue with Fuji SDK.  So you can not begin to imagine my shock and dismay to read that Ronin SC now supports video record on/off via the 2.5 mm jack for FujiFim cameras and that the same functionality was not given to the Ronin S.

DJI appears to have abandoned their Ronin S customers who also own FujiFilm cameras.  It is DJI's shame!

Don Barar
2019-10-8
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2

It's really not clear and not understandable why DJI it's still lacking to full support Fujifilm cameras with Ronin S, I'm expecting that on protocol communication both Ronin S and SC share the same approach and implementation. They also share the same types of connectors but doesn't support the same amount of cameras.

Why that? DJI Administrators could you please give us any clues on that?

Or we shall assume that you would like to sell more Ronin SC now than Ronin S devices?

A lot of peoples out there are waiting for your answer, by months now.

Thanks for your kind answer
Marco
2019-10-11
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>

Spaky Posted at 10-11 06:49
It's really not clear and not understandable why DJI it's still lacking to full support Fujifilm cameras with Ronin S, I'm expecting that on protocol communication both Ronin S and SC share the same approach and implementation. They also share the same types of connectors but doesn't support the same amount of cameras.

Why that? DJI Administrators could you please give us any clues on that?

Hi Marco:

On a thread that you started (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D664%26typeid%3D664) the following comments were made by DJI Forum Adminstrators:
- April 04, 2019 DJI Mindy wrote the following: "Hi there, Ronin-S will support Fuji XT3 via the future firmware update, our engineers are working on it, but sure about the other camera models, please wait patiently for the future update, thank you."
- April 20, 2019 DJI Mindy wrote the following: "Hi there, we can ensure XT-2 and XT-3 will be supported, but not sure of the other models. Please note the future firmware update, thank you."
- July 21, 2019: DJI Paul wrote the following: "Fuji would need to allow control of REC start/stop in their SDK. It currently doesn't exist. If it did, we would have implemented it."

Through April, DJI Forum administrators state uncategorically that DJI was going to support the X-T3 with video record on/off.  In June 2019, based on DJI Mindy's comments, I purchased an X-T3 and a Ronin S.  Then in July, they state they cannot support video record on/off because  FujiFilm SDK does not support video record on/off.

In September, DJI releases a work around that allows the video record on/off for the X-T3 via the 2.5 mm jack for the Ronin SC.  The Ronin S did not get this upgrade.

I have not read one apology from DJI for this massive amount of mis-information.  DJI as a company has no credibility.

Don Barar

2019-10-11
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2
Italy

Hi Don,

I understand your frustration and disappointment vs. DJI customer support and I fully agree with you on the absolutely incredible lack of support for our X-T3 on the Ronin S like available on the SC.

We should all keep our pressure and request high to DJI in order to have it sooner than later, hope in the next iteration of firmware update and bug fixes arises with the new functionalities added.

Marco
2019-10-18
Use props
Nikodemus
lvl.1

Finland

Argh, very frustrated to learn that the Ronin S still lacks Fuji support. I got the Ronin SC to use with my X-T3, and all the functions work great. However, the gimbal is barely able to accommodate my current setup, adding any longer/heavier lens, filters or anything will result in a failure to balance the gimbal. It is not a weight issue, as the camera weighs only 1100g, rather dimension issue. Anyway, I want to have a bit of room for adjustment in my rig, so I think I need to change to the S model. I am still within the return period for the SC and was looking to do a quick swap. It's not very convincing on DJI's part not to even acknowledge whether this update is coming to the Ronin S or not. Can't think of any reason why it wouldn't, considering the SC already is compatible. I am not going to take the risk and buy the Ronin S only to find out that the eventual update never came. Back to looking at other models then, I guess.
2019-10-23
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CXATnDil9xC5 Posted at 10-24 09:46
Whats happened? People walk on the moon, and for dji and fuji it is not possible to make a working start/stop Button on a Grip? Tz! (for X-T3)

Hi User:

You should read the threads on this topic.  In summary, through July 2019 we were told to be patient and DJI would release a firmware update to support the the X-T3.  Then in July 2019, DJI told us they could not support FujiFilm cameras because FujiFilm did not support record on/off in their SDK.  Then in September 2019, DJI released a firmware update for the Ronin SC that could support record on/off via the 2.5 mm jack on X-T3. But still nothing for the Ronin S.

Again, read the threads on this topic on this topic and you will come the conclusion that I have--DJI has essentially abandoned Ronin S as far as FujiFilm is concerned.

More importantly, read the threads on Ronin S with respect to returning to center after a pan.  Also, read the threads on getting a smooth orbit shot.  After reading these threads you will find that the DJI Forum Administrators are of no help and are not knowledgeable about the product they claim to be supporting.  In fact, I can say I have not read one thread where a DJI Forum Administrator has been any help on solving a problem.  I doubt any of them has even used a gimbal.

If you are looking for a gimbal, find another brand!  You are less likely to be disappointed.

Don Barar
2019-10-24
Use props
Nikodemus
lvl.1

Finland

It's baffling that DJI representatives have nothing to say. The boiler plate "Check the camera compatibility list" and "our engineers are working on updates" just doesn't cut it. It's more insulting the intelligence of their customers than anything else, in my opinion. I think it would be better to just be open and honest about what features are coming and what aren't, and when updates are no longer to be expected. Making empty promises and untrue excuses for breaking those promises is a really bad way to handle it.
2019-10-24
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nikodemus Posted at 10-24 23:23
It's baffling that DJI representatives have nothing to say. The boiler plate "Check the camera compatibility list" and "our engineers are working on updates" just doesn't cut it. It's more insulting the intelligence of their customers than anything else, in my opinion. I think it would be better to just be open and honest about what features are coming and what aren't, and when updates are no longer to be expected. Making empty promises and untrue excuses for breaking those promises is a really bad way to handle it.

Hi Nikodemus:

In my last few messages on this thread I have been harsh on DJI Forum Administrators for the mis-leading information they provided regarding future support of the X-T3 and the Ronin S.  The DJI Forum Administrators know very little about this product and rely on information provided by DJI technical team regarding future development.

I should also mention that that my ire also extends to the individual(s) on DJI Technical Team that provided false/mis-leading information to DJI Forum Administrators.  They clearly know nothing as well.  Any information that you receive from DJI is suspect and of little value.

Caveat Emptor--Let the buyer beware.

Don Barar
2019-10-25
Use props
Nikodemus
lvl.1

Finland

DGBarar Posted at 10-25 18:43
Hi Nikodemus:

In my last few messages on this thread I have been harsh on DJI Forum Administrators for the mis-leading information they provided regarding future support of the X-T3 and the Ronin S.  The DJI Forum Administrators know very little about this product and rely on information provided by DJI technical team regarding future development.

Hi Don!

I can understand your frustration.

Checking the ~10 most recent threads on the Ronin forum reveals a pretty worrying pattern. Users report problems or ask questions, and receive a relatively prompt answer from DJI. Usually the reply is about asking for more information, which in itself is fine. Then, a promise is made that the issue will be fixed in a future update, or that the request has been forwarded to the engineering team. Not many issues seem to actually be resolved.

What seems to happen next is that the users are left to agonize over what to do with their gimbals by themselves, for months on end. Sony users have been waiting for a fix to a problem that was introduced by DJI in a firmware update for something like six months, with no estimated dates given, and no answers of any kind for a long time. In other threads, same thing. Months-long silence treatment from DJI to worried users asking for fixes or promised updates.

This is absolutely abysmal behaviour by DJI. Why would you have a forum such as this one if you only use it to advertise your slow  update cycle and unwillingness to help your customers? What I have learned from this forum is that I might need to return my gimbal for a refund while I still can. That is not at all why I came here.
2019-10-26
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nikodemus Posted at 10-26 01:23
Hi Don!

I can understand your frustration.

Hi Nikodemus,

Well put. You have captured exactly what is going on in the DJI Forum.  These issues extend beyond lack of support for the X-T3 and the Ronin S.  Those that are considering the Ronin S for any camera need to read your words.  Nothing but empty promises from DJI.

Don Barar
2019-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules