1986 5 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shep762
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3716644 ft
United States

Hey,
I'm am on a job with multiple I2s and flew one a couple of days ago and I had the C2 button programed for Camera Forward/Down. On my current I2, which is not the one I flew earlier, there is no option in the drop down for Camera Forward/Down. I have selected the pitch limit on all 3 control options and have rebooted bird, controllers and app with no success.

I2 01.02.0300
RC 01.01.0060
app 4.3.12
X7 01.08.22.02

If I take the controller out of Slave/Master mode the drop down for the C2 programing feature shows an option for the Camera Forward/Down function but when slected it does not do anything after I reselect the controller as Slave.  To be clear....I am NOT talking about the FPV camera option to look down or 45 deg. That drop down is there and functions as it should. This kit is flown as Pilot and seperate camera operator or with both Slave and Master.

I don't know the version info for the other bird that had the function because it's no longer in my possession.  It's a very, very helpful function for my job with regards to desent clearance and the speed of the C2 button to point down to 90 deg and back up verses just tilting down and back up is also a matter of safety because of the speed in which it happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
2019-3-3
Use props
shep762
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3716644 ft
United States

Any mods/ support here have a suggestion?
2019-3-4
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

tried to program this on the cendence controller using the latest firmware and it just moves the camera to the horizontal position but not 90 degree down  ... must be a software bug  ?
2019-3-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Have the same issue with camera up/down, no longer functioning after updating fw. I am using Cendence RC. As you say the function was very useful and would like to have it back, please.
Edit: Just tested this and found it not to be working, however test was done without flying, so have anyone confirmed while flying, just in case there is a safety feature acting as a lockout, until airbourne?? Know there was something implemented some time ago, to level the camera prior to landing, to ensure the camera would not hit ground, if lowered.
2019-3-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So just been out flying and can confirm camera up/down works just fine. But you have to be flying, you can not test this function on the bench.
2019-3-14
Use props
figure1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 622103 ft
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 3-14 12:03
So just been out flying and can confirm camera up/down works just fine. But you have to be flying, you can not test this function on the bench.

Because on a camera like the X7, you would smack the lens into the ground on the camera down position.
2019-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules