Ronin S makes noise when camera is on.
4452 18 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Supreme94
lvl.1
United States

So basically I can hear the normal motor noise that you can barely hear but as soon as the camera is turned on that noise becomes so loud that even the camera mic can pick it up. It stops when I turn the camera off. I’ve tried all the tests and everything comes out fine. I even tried a different lens but the issue still occurs. I’m using a Sony A7 iii with a 16-35mm f4 . Anyone have any idea what the issue might be ?
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Supreme94, sorry to hear that, any chance to share us a short video of the noise so that we can verify if it is normal or not? Thank you.
2019-3-4
Use props
Supreme94
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-4 23:57
Hi Supreme94, sorry to hear that, any chance to share us a short video of the noise so that we can verify if it is normal or not? Thank you.

Here you go.

https://youtu.be/uwdHKHut45w
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Supreme94 Posted at 3-5 00:28
Here you go.

https://youtu.be/uwdHKHut45w

Thanks for the video, may we verify if all the gimbal knobs have been locked tightly? Was the lens support mounted properly? Did you try the Auto Tune? Does only the Pitch axis have the noise?
2019-3-5
Use props
Supreme94
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-5 00:53
Thanks for the video, may we verify if all the gimbal knobs have been locked tightly? Was the lens support mounted properly? Did you try the Auto Tune? Does only the Pitch axis have the noise?

Pretty much yes to all the questions you just asked . I made sure everything was secured properly and well balanced. I performed an auto tune, balance test , and system calibration. Everything turned out fine. I also noticed that when I point the camera straight upward it stops but as soon as I move it to any other angle it starts back up again.
2019-3-5
Use props
Supreme94
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-5 00:53

Sorry upon closer inspection I realized that the majority of the noise is coming from the pan motor.
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Supreme94 Posted at 3-5 01:10
Sorry upon closer inspection I realized that the majority of the noise is coming from the pan motor.

Thanks for the details, we have forwarded the video to our engineers for further verification, I will keep you updated soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-6
Use props
Supreme94
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-6 22:54
Thanks for the details, we have forwarded the video to our engineers for further verification, I will keep you updated soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Ok thank you
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for your patience, we also need the serial number of your Ronin-S, will there is any difference when turning on/off the EIS (Electric Image Stabilization)of the camera?
If there is no luck, please provide us the parameters of the motor settings including the Stiffness, Strength, Filter and Control, thank you.
2019-3-7
Use props
Supreme94
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-7 01:40
Thanks for your patience, we also need the serial number of your Ronin-S, will there is any difference when turning on/off the EIS (Electric Image Stabilization)of the camera?
If there is no luck, please provide us the parameters of the motor settings including the Stiffness, Strength, Filter and Control, thank you.

Serial number is 0EMDFAQ00D020B. I turn the EIS on and off on the camera and still no luck. I attached photos of the information you requested.
0E1853A6-35CD-4C9C-A0B2-CA745829D4B4.png
29128826-BF3E-4517-B2FD-6AA44E63195C.png
C8E6DF83-644B-4A53-B7BB-B7A986E1F502.png
DA64BED6-C644-44DB-91DB-F3CE9B0631E5.png
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Supreme94 Posted at 3-7 23:10
Serial number is 0EMDFAQ00D020B. I turn the EIS on and off on the camera and still no luck. I attached photos of the information you requested.

Thanks for providing us the required info, I will come back to you soon, thank you for your patience.
2019-3-8
Use props
Supreme94
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-8 00:10
Thanks for providing us the required info, I will come back to you soon, thank you for your patience.

Hello, I haven’t heard back in a while . Any info ?
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Supreme94 Posted at 3-24 10:19
Hello, I haven’t heard back in a while . Any info ?

Hi Supreme94, I have sent you PM, please check, thank you.
2019-3-25
Use props
Dimka1623
New
Estonia

Same camera and lens . Same problem. What is the solution?
2019-4-17
Use props
fans54fa2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17477 ft
Poland

Anyone get any working solution .
Just received my Ronin S and I have the same issue
2019-5-11
Use props
Mo_camera
lvl.2

Turkey

Hi guys,
Don't know if its because of vibration or grounding but this worked for me:
Putting a rubber between the plate and screw.

A73 x 24-105mm
2019-6-12
Use props
lipoching
lvl.1
United States

I have a Sony A9, with the same problem.  I just bought the Ronin S and when I first set it up it was fine - no noise.  But after I auto-tuned the Ronin S, the noise appeared.  I can't get rid of it now.
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_GQAusYXQvO6e
New

United States

Mo_camera Posted at 6-12 01:23
Hi guys,
Don't know if its because of vibration or grounding but this worked for me:
Putting a rubber between the plate and screw.

Hey where did you buy the rubber? a hardware store. This makes sense since the noise is only when the camera is on for me.
2019-7-25
Use props
vishal_540
New

India

I have the same problem of motor noise coming from all the motors. More prominent noise from the pan motor. Should I be concerned about this issue or its normal regarding the durability of the product in future.
2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules