Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air operating temperature
12044 16 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TmiDF9j2kZgP
lvl.1

Canada

Hey guys!! I just got the mavic air and I'm wondering what the operating temperature is when its below 0°C. I live in calgary and it's -18°c and I'm wondering if it is safe to fly the mavic air at this temperature!
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for the inquiry. The battery capacity will decrease significantly when the Intelligent Flight Battery is used at low temperatures ( below -10℃, 14℉ ).  Just a reminder for safe flight the operating temperature range for the DJI Mavic Air is 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C). Thank you.
2019-3-4
Use props
djiuser_TmiDF9j2kZgP
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-4 08:04
Hello and good day. Thank you for the inquiry. The battery capacity will decrease significantly when the Intelligent Flight Battery is used at low temperatures ( below -10℃, 14℉ ).  Just a reminder for safe flight the operating temperature range for the DJI Mavic Air is 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C). Thank you.

Thank you, I appreciate your response.

Does the battery capacity only decrease momentarily or forever?
2019-3-4
Use props
fansf31f97fd
lvl.3
United States

Go out and fly it with a light coat on and no gloves. It’ll last as long as you do.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_TmiDF9j2kZgP Posted at 3-4 08:20
Thank you, I appreciate your response.

Does the battery capacity only decrease momentarily or forever?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. This should be a momentarily decrease on the battery, however, this may be permanent if we would continue using the drone in out of recommended temperature and this may cause damage to your unit. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the temps i flown in -15F to 105F .     i have only minor issues on each end of the scale, but my worst issues arent from the cold, they are from the heat where i have live feed blackouts and maincontroller errors and such when i was flying in over 100F weather but no crash or sudden failures and recovered once cooled off.     worst i had in the cold was some juddering/viberations  
2019-3-4
Use props
RIZOSPLAYZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382221 ft
Greece

I have problems in the barometer flying at 40-41C almost everytime i fly...(main controller error - message)
2019-8-28
Use props
RIZOSPLAYZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382221 ft
Greece

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-4 15:21
the temps i flown in -15F to 105F .     i have only minor issues on each end of the scale, but my worst issues arent from the cold, they are from the heat where i have live feed blackouts and maincontroller errors and such when i was flying in over 100F weather but no crash or sudden failures and recovered once cooled off.     worst i had in the cold was some juddering/viberations

I prefer the limit down temperatures than the limit up ones...
2019-8-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

RIZOSPLAYZ Posted at 8-28 13:16
I prefer the limit down temperatures than the limit up ones...

actually colder temperatures can cause more damage to cells in battery than heat generally can because the temperatures required to cook a battery are a lot higher than easily achieved.

very unlikely you will get a healthy battery up to 90C+  in most environments which is the point where damage will begin.. but luckily dji likely programmed against that as well and will power limit the propulsion system if the battery is too hot where that point is im unsure about i think above 70C somewhere.

but -10C degree cell is low enough that damage can occur from pulling high amperage and -10C (and lower) can happen in a lot of places.   luckily pretty easy to configure systems onboard to reduce load and power limit the propulsion system as well until gets to operating temperature.
2019-8-28
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may be able to prevent some battery damage if you keep them warm prior to flying. I keep mine in pockets under my coat so body heat keeps them warm. I've also read where some folks use pocket warmers to keep them warm.
2019-8-28
Use props
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2060043 ft
Poland

Hey I have a question today I was flying my mavic air 1 in sport mode when I took off the battery was 23 degrees celsius and when I landed at 42% the battery temperature was 67.7 degrees celsius.There were 4 degrees outside. Is this battery not getting too hot?
Screenshot_2021-03-18-23-35-22-120_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
2021-3-18
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2019-3-4 15:21
the temps i flown in -15F to 105F .     i have only minor issues on each end of the scale, but my worst issues arent from the cold, they are from the heat where i have live feed blackouts and maincontroller errors and such when i was flying in over 100F weather but no crash or sudden failures and recovered once cooled off.     worst i had in the cold was some juddering/viberations

I just replaced my damaged Mavic 2 Zoom after it did a nose dive into the ground under power(Aug.2020) , the last message informed me that the battery was not seated and to land, it was 37C. I've been reading (RTM) and found DJI temperature of 32/40C yet their competition are rated at 14-104°F (-10-40°C) and others at -5°C to 40°C
Li-PO is Li-PO so why can other go below freezing but not DJI?
2021-12-17
Use props
Tiago lopes
New

Portugal

Hello my batery at the end os flight comes hot like 70 degree is normal ?
Tank you all
2023-6-26
Use props
Tiago lopes
New

Portugal

My dron is dji Mavic air
2023-6-26
Use props
Tiago lopes
New

Portugal

Hello my dron Mavic Air at the end of the fly battery come out hot like 70°.
And the dron to.
A put a new battery but same 10 minutes fly a come out on same temperature.
Some one can help me please?
Thank you all
2023-6-26
Use props
Burt37
Captain
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Tiago lopes Posted at 6-26 14:32
Hello my dron Mavic Air at the end of the fly battery come out hot like 70°.
And the dron to.
A put a new battery but same 10 minutes fly a come out on same temperature.

Help you to do what?? You haven't described a problem yet....
2023-6-26
Use props
Burt37
Captain
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

"I live in calgary and it's -18°c and I'm wondering if it is safe to fly the mavic air at this temperature!"

That does look like the perfect weather temperature for the Mini 3 Pro (a.k.a. Flying toaster)...
2023-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules