Slow Motion Crop or ability to set 1080/120 in Video
413 4 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N14AGP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey,

Is there plans afoot to try and fix how much cropping there is on the Slow Mo option?

Or is there plans or a possibility to add 1080p/120 into the normal video section to manually set this?

I know i can set 4K or 1080p in 60fps and still get some slow motion, but was looking for the 120fps and a little disappointed with how much the crop cuter off the first attempts of using it.

Thanks
Aaron
2019-3-4
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

NO, Working as designed. Not going to be fixed.
2019-3-4
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I'm happy with it as it is.
2019-3-4
Use props
N14AGP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok, so Yes it is working as they designed so perhaps A fix is not required as such, i just felt the crop cut too much out.
Ive only had the OP for a week so still figuring my way around it, but the 120fps slow mo shots i wanted at the weekend didn’t come out how i hoped as i needed to be close to the subject and the crop meant i was too close, the 4k30 shots were great and yes the ones at 60 were good too, i was just hoping for the 120 slow mo to be the same.
2019-3-4
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

N14AGP Posted at 3-4 07:38
Ok, so Yes it is working as they designed so perhaps A fix is not required as such, i just felt the crop cut too much out.
Ive only had the OP for a week so still figuring my way around it, but the 120fps slow mo shots i wanted at the weekend didn’t come out how i hoped as i needed to be close to the subject and the crop meant i was too close, the 4k30 shots were great and yes the ones at 60 were good too, i was just hoping for the 120 slow mo to be the same.

It's not a design choice but rather a processor limitation as when you're shooting 1080 @30/60, it's actually reprocessing the 4K image from the sensor down to 1080 before writing to the the card but the processor is not fast enough to do that at 120 so they just take the actual 1920x1080 from the center of the sensor and record that.  We'll probably have to wait for the next version of the OP with a more powerful processor to get un-cropped 120 or beyond.

Actually. Given they they can just take the center 1920x1080 image from the sensor. I would love to see a 2X digital zoom feature being available when you're recording in 1080.
2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules