Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung S10/ S10+/ S10e
14980 7 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Hello,

Can DJI confirm that the S10 (and all the variants) will be on the 'list of compatible devices?'

I spotted that PhoneArena recenlty tested the S10 at the launch event with the OM2;

The S10/ S10+ have a ultra wide lens, add this to the OM2 and it could be something really special!
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day kbm79. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information if the Samsung S10/ S10+/ S10e will be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung GalaxyS10/ S10+/ S10e will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and of the DJI Go application if this will work all the time while using the specific device. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continiuosly testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the near future. Thank you.
2019-3-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Outstanding vid
2019-3-4
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s197.photobucket.com/user/kbmacpherson/media/20190309_153428-01-01_1.jpeg.html%5D[/URL][/img]
(Ignoring the slight slant on the OM2- that was me rushing) The S10 Plus fits really well on the OM2, right upto the gimbal arm. No issue with balancing and no issue with connecting with the S10 plus to the OM2. DJI go ap works- all resolution are avliable 720, 1080 and 4K.

Here is a quick test;

So, the good points - the ultra wide angle lens is fantastic and using on the OM2 is really good. The extra reach of the 2x optical zoom Tele lens will prove very useful.

The not so good points - you MUST use the OM2 in the flashlight mode with the ultra wide lens, other wise the arm of the gimbal will be in the shot. Not a major issue, but if its not set up correctly, the arm will creep into the frame! Samsung have limited the ultra wide video to 1080P 30fps, which is a real shame. 1080p 60fps would of been nice.

The DJI go ap currently does not support switching lens, so its fixed on the normal lens. Hopefully, a update will sort this?

Filmic Pro - this work with the S10, you can switch between ultra Wide and tele lens, but not the normal lens -which seems odd. However, you can shoot 4K at the Ultra wide, where Samsung limit the resolution. Not sure why.

I haven't tested the motion timelapse yet.

So, at the moment, its a mixed bag of using the default Samsung camera app, Filmic Pro and DJI go.

2019-3-18
Use props
danielsm
New
Brazil

kbm79 Posted at 3-18 00:55
[view_image][/URL][/img]
(Ignoring the slight slant on the OM2- that was me rushing) The S10 Plus fits really well on the OM2, right upto the gimbal arm. No issue with balancing and no issue with connecting with the S10 plus to the OM2. DJI go ap works- all resolution are avliable 720, 1080 and 4K.

Can you get 1080p @ 60fps? In my S9 I just can take shots in 30fps inside DJI GO App. Even in 720p, 30 fps is all I can get.
2019-5-11
Use props
fansf38a1143
lvl.1

India

Can any one tell me if you guys activated their DJI OSMO 2 with S10+ or are using the S10+ on an pre-activated gimbal with another phone..(iphone or android)? I am struggling to activate my new OSMO 2 with S10+ but shows error with the Go software. Any help will be appreciated.
2019-6-24
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Awesome, thanks for sharing.
2019-8-2
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Update using the S10+
This is my current set up with the S10+ after a few months use;

Standard lens - i use the default Samsung camera app for 4K@60fps - works really well on the OM2 and i can get nice slow motion when editing.

Wide angle lens - i use Filmic pro 4K@30fps. (You have to use the OM2 in 'flashlight' mode when using the wide angle lens otherwise the OM2 arm will be in the shot)

Telephoto lens - i use the Samung camera app. You need to swtich from 4K@60fps to 4K@30fps though. Its a bit of a pain, but its a work around.

Power button double tap opens the default camera.
I've set the shutter button to 'take a picture' - this stop/ starts the video too and works with the record button on the OM2
I've remapped the Bibxy button to launch the Filmic Pro app.

Hyperlapse/ Motion time lapse etc - i use DJI Go.

IMPORTANT - you must close the DJI Go app after using it otherwise the phone will not recognise the record button on the OM2 when using the Samsung camera app.
2019-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules