Has anybody tried the new DJI Simulator with Windows 7
2851 5 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeydoo
lvl.3
United States

Hi

Even though the new DJI Simulator (https://www.dji.com/simulator) expects Windows 10, has anybody tried it with Windows 7?

2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. DJI Recommended requirements for installation on this application is 64-bit versions of Windows 10 with a GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics Card. However, using the application on the lower version of windows hasn't been tested by our engineers and we can't ensure the stability of the app while using it on the lower version of windows. Hopefully, you could get the best feedback from our valued customers who managed to use the flight simulator on Windows 7. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-4
Use props
mikeydoo
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-4 09:38
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. DJI Recommended requirements for installation on this application is 64-bit versions of Windows 10 with a GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics Card. However, using the application on the lower version of windows hasn't been tested by our engineers and we can't ensure the stability of the app while using it on the lower version of windows. Hopefully, you could get the best feedback from our valued customers who managed to use the flight simulator on Windows 7. Thank you for understanding.

Hi

Just to see what happens, I installed the simulator onto my windows 7  laptop, updated the nvidia driver to the latest that the card could take and it work somewhat reasonably. Sometimes it was a little choppy. I had to run it at 720p but flew the mavic 2 zoom around the island sim, crashed into the invisible barrier just before the wind farm and flew it back.

Will it be possible to install android apps into the sim?

Is it possible to be able to fly it farther (like to the wind farm in the island sim)?
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mikeydoo Posted at 3-5 11:08
Hi

Just to see what happens, I installed the simulator onto my windows 7  laptop, updated the nvidia driver to the latest that the card could take and it work somewhat reasonably. Sometimes it was a little choppy. I had to run it at 720p but flew the mavic 2 zoom around the island sim, crashed into the invisible barrier just before the wind farm and flew it back.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. As of the time being, this application can be installed and play on a good computer. This application requires high specs of a computer to use it smoothly, therefore, the Android device may not be able to handle it and cause a problem. For every location, there will be a barrier that will limit to flight distance of the aircraft in our simulator. No worries, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for consideration. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-6
Use props
mikeydoo
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-6 08:50
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. As of the time being, this application can be installed and play on a good computer. This application requires high specs of a computer to use it smoothly, therefore, the Android device may not be able to handle it and cause a problem. For every location, there will be a barrier that will limit to flight distance of the aircraft in our simulator. No worries, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for consideration. Thank you for understanding.

Hi DJI Tony

I did not run it on an Android device but on my Windows 7 laptop (32-bit no less . It did run, but did seem to be a little slow in response time. I had to upgrade the NViIDIA driver (a Quadro K1100M to version 21.21.13.7892). Hopefully this info can be of some use.

What I think would add fun, is to allow the quad (Mavic 2 Zoom in my case) to fly all the way to the Wind Farm in the Island demo.

Thanks...
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mikeydoo Posted at 3-6 11:58
Hi DJI Tony

I did not run it on an Android device but on my Windows 7 laptop (32-bit no less . It did run, but did seem to be a little slow in response time. I had to upgrade the NViIDIA driver (a Quadro K1100M to version 21.21.13.7892). Hopefully this info can be of some use.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. This would be helpful information to our customers who also have the same thoughts about running the DJI Flight Simulator into Windows 7. I've managed to forward to your suggestion about flying farther in a particular location. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules