2 Questions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Kazakhstan

1, Do you have to hotspot the smart RC to your phone to get maps if not downloaded befor hand, or it will take a mobile broadband dongle.

2, if the app crashes and you cant restart it for whatever reason, without the telemetry you have on the std RC what do you do, switch off the RC and let it RTH with loss off connection or do something else.

Thanks.
2019-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you need maps you can do either hotspot or download.

In the event of app crashing you also have a couple options just hit RTH or just continue to fly , you don’t need app to fly , you can switch off and back on and try to reboot app .
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You could download the maps for as long as we have internet access and regarding the second query, if the application would not respond, you could simply press the RTH button on your aircraft for the drone to located the home-point of your drone. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-4
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Kazakhstan

so the main option would be to hit rth, if for whatever reason you were out of vlos, I like to fly way out over a lake and around the small islands out there and the drone is just a spec in the sky, so without telemetry I would have no idea if the drone was coming back my way or not, only option would be press rth.
sometimes not knowing where your going to end up,, the option to hotspot to the phone for maps would be the best way,

points holding me back on one of these things are

not a fan of android and the go4 app and crystal sky monitors updates lag behind iOS
android go4 app crashes compared to iOS
no telemetry
would have liked it to take a sim card
screen is a bit small for my eyes, use a 9.7 iPad at the mo

so still on the fence at the moment,,

2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules