Possible Swap of Mavic 2 camera
5735 13 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZenBadger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6240 ft
United States

I am new here so please forgive me. I have a Mavic 2 zoom and was curious if anyone has successfully swapped the camera and flashed the firmware without sending the drone to DJI.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ZenBadger. As of the moment this process in swapping the cameras for both DJI Mavic 2 Pro with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and vice versa is not yet available officially. For the latest news and updates please visit our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-4
Use props
ZenBadger
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-4 13:22
Hello and good day ZenBadger. As of the moment this process in swapping the cameras for both DJI Mavic 2 Pro with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and vice versa is not yet available officially. For the latest news and updates please visit our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

Understood, what I am asking is if anyone has done it successfully without sending it in. I have seen various videos showing the camera being swapped but no real info on firmware or how it functioned after the swap.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ZenBadger Posted at 3-4 13:30
Understood, what I am asking is if anyone has done it successfully without sending it in. I have seen various videos showing the camera being swapped but no real info on firmware or how it functioned after the swap.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully, you could get the best feedback from our valued DJI Forum members who managed to replace the gimbal. For a friendly reminder, doing this process would void the warranty of your aircraft as this matter is not yet recommended officially like DJI Stephen mentioned. Thank you for understanding. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-3-4
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

there are some videos in with people have success doing that.
2019-3-4
Use props
ZenBadger
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-4 14:07
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully, you could get the best feedback from our valued DJI Forum members who managed to replace the gimbal. For a friendly reminder, doing this process would void the warranty of your aircraft as this matter is not yet recommended officially like DJI Stephen mentioned. Thank you for understanding. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

On the Care Refresh page it says that the gimbal can be swapped at the repair center...
2019-3-7
Use props
Krause31
Second Officer
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ZenBadger Posted at 3-7 20:30
On the Care Refresh page it says that the gimbal can be swapped at the repair center...

Hello,

the gimbal can be swapped by yourself...it is a 5 minutes work!

Greets Markus
2019-3-7
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Understood, what I am asking is if anyone has done it successfully without sending it in. I have seen various videos showing the camera being swapped but no real info on firmware or how it functioned after the swap.

As noted, it can be done and has been done.  Folks have purchased the Zoom or Pro2 gimbals, generally from China and done the replacements themselves.  Some have suggested it is not a routine change back and forth as the cable is fairly thin and fragile.

But once done, the drone/system automatically adjusts to the change and acts like the OTHER model.
2019-3-8
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Understood, what I am asking is if anyone has done it successfully without sending it in. I have seen various videos showing the camera being swapped but no real info on firmware or how it functioned after the swap.

Yes it has been done there is a couple of YouTube videos showing how it's done
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ZenBadger Posted at 3-7 20:30

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The DJI Care Refresh would cover the gimbal part of the Mavic 2 series, therefore, the gimbal part of your Mavic 2 series can be replaced in any case that it has damage using this DJI Care Refresh. However, it doesn't support the gimbal swap from Mavic 2 Pro into Mavic 2 Zoom or vice versa. For your reference, you may want to check the image below. Thank you for understanding.

2019-3-10
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Maybe it is not worth. So far i prefer zoom than 2 pro.  
2019-3-10
Use props
fans60dcbb4f
New

Canada

Hi I was wondering when this service will be available I have been waiting for this service for a very long time and it just seems it will never become a reality
2020-4-30
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I have been waiting for this "feature" from day 1, my drone is nearly 2 years old now, another broken promise, I could buy one from ebay and do it myself. New european laws that will be coming into effect will make my drone useless in 2 years time as things stand at the moment, even the New Mavic air 2  will be useless,  so I'm thinking why bother.
2020-5-1
Use props
fans299bc6f8
lvl.2

Spain

TVOD you caught my interest with the new drone laws, could you explain how they‘ll make the m2p obsolete or send me a link to get some more info?
2020-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules