Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimDes
lvl.1
Canada

After 1:30 flight propellers stopped and my Phantom 3 pro died... Can someone take a look at the log? Help me find what went wrong. https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Z9JWW2RHULDLVSB8GH00

2019-3-4
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your recorded data just stops, suggesting a sudden loss of power.
The cause of that is not shown in the data.

I see one potential problem in your data...
You launched with a partially discharged battery.
At startup it showed 53% but that you get a false indication when you don't use a fully charged battery.
When you gave it full stick to climb from 7-12 seconds and again for the last 3 seconds of the flight, the battery voltage dropped to only 3.4 volts per cell.
Critical low voltage is 3.3V per cell and your battery was quite sick.
Pushing it hard would not have ended well.

2019-3-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Why did you have both sticks down and in toward the end of the flight?
2019-3-5
Use props
SimDes
lvl.1
Canada

My son was on command...  he can’t remember why...  but it can’t be the cause ?
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SimDes. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. We highly recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 app and contact our support for our team to provide an appropriate solution and initiate the investigation. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the investigation. Just a reminder that if the warranty of the said drone has already expired then DJI will not be able to perform a data analysis for the said drone. You may refer to the link below to contact our Dji support team. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support

2019-3-5
Use props
NM_Quad
Second Officer
United States

SimDes Posted at 3-5 08:59
My son was on command...  he can’t remember why...  but it can’t be the cause ?

I see two major problems.  First, this is why you should always fly with a fully charged battery.  Starting with 53% is pushing fate as the motors will discharge more quickly than normal and readings shown may not even be accurate.  You can see the low battery voltage and cell deviation problems just 13 sec. into the flight.  Had you continued to fly, it would have shortly gone into a low-battery forced landing.  Secondly, at 22.5 seconds, the sticks are brought to the bottom inside position together.  This is the CSC command for emergency shutdown of the Phantom and motors.
For illustration see: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=80726
This turns off the Phantom and why the flight log suddenly ended.  The CSC should never be done while the Phantom is in flight.

Sorry you crashed your drone.  They are fun and easy to fly, but the reason the manual and/or YouTube videos should be watched several times to learn the sacred no-no's to avoid.

Does it look like your drone is repairable, or fairly heavily damaged?  Lots of information here and YouTube how to repair the gimbal, camera, and ribbon cable following a crash.  Good luck.
2019-3-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The CSC command was done twice too
2019-3-5
Use props
SimDes
lvl.1
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-4 19:35
Your recorded data just stops, suggesting a sudden loss of power.
The cause of that is not shown in the data.

After investigation. We came to conclusion that the battery was not fully inserted ... the battery come off the drone after the crash .  And usualy it’s quite hard to remove when it’s fully inserted.
2019-3-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SimDes Posted at 3-6 17:22
After investigation. We came to conclusion that the battery was not fully inserted ... the battery come off the drone after the crash .  And usualy it’s quite hard to remove when it’s fully inserted.

Perhaps, but it appears your son performed the CSC stick command, this is the command to shut down the motors, and it certainly appeared to work. It looks as if he was wildly mashing the controls.
2019-3-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just as a FYI,  when the ac hits the ground, more often than not, the battery will come out

Height:100ft
Speed at impact: 24.25 m/s or 87.30 km/h or 54.2mph (aka terminal velocity for height)
Time until impact: 2.47 s
Energy at impact: 294.00 joules

Rest assured, that battery is not going to stay in there....
For the above, i was a little conservative and calculated for 1kg as opposed to the 1.2kg  to count for some drag.

Please see the image below, this is the CSC command, aka, emergency shut down, it was performed twice, i have theories as to why it was done twice.
1) accidental
2) Playing around to see what will happen, 1st time it didnt work (wasnt long enough, at 3ms, i dont know if its instant to sort of guessing here, 2nd one was 4ms)  

2019-3-6
Use props
KEJ
First Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-6 20:24
Just as a FYI,  when the ac hits the ground, more often than not, the battery will come out

Height:100ft

Great summary.

2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules