larger display ideas ??
931 13 2019-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flygwaii
lvl.2

Canada

hi folks

anybody figure out how to hook up an ipad to the smart controller for a larger display ??

am interested in using it with gopro katana

also have to figure out a custom made mounting rig

Appreciate any insights

Thanks !

#GoneFlyin'

2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We really admire you being interested in using the DJI Product. With regards to that. The DJI smart controller doesn't support an external Smartphone, it only supports an external monitor for viewing purpose that you need to use the HDMI output from the Smart controller. Best regards!
2019-3-5
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

There are mounts for the flight controller that hold tablets, check the store at dj, and at Mavmount.
2019-3-5
Use props
flygwaii
lvl.2

Canada

HH1 Posted at 3-5 09:00
There are mounts for the flight controller that hold tablets, check the store at dj, and at Mavmount.

HI

Nothing there for the smart controller !

Thanks
2019-3-6
Use props
flygwaii
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-5 08:56
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We really admire you being interested in using the DJI Product. With regards to that. The DJI smart controller doesn't support an external Smartphone, it only supports an external monitor for viewing purpose that you need to use the HDMI output from the Smart controller. Best regards!

Hi and thanks for your answer

"monitor" is a generic term

Can I use an ipad pro - and if so how ?

I have an HDMI cable but the ipad is HDMI out only.

I have the GO4 app installed on the ipad - why can't I use the usb out on the smart controller to connect to the C input on the ipad  - or for tat matter the wifi connection ??

Thanks
2019-3-6
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-6
Use props
flygwaii
lvl.2

Canada

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-6 23:44
Please don't report me but going by the title of the thread, I couldn't help it....

[view_image]

lol

Thanks for your reply

I've seen this on youtube but am not sure it would fit the bill as there may not be an "out" port on the smart controller.

I'm thinking only a software update might be able to do it and it would have to be via wifi.

I have one of these  RAVPower FileHub, Wireless Travel Router AC750, Portable SD Card HDD Backup and Data Transmission Unit, 6700mAh External Battery Pack 2019 Version
Sold by: Sunvalleytek Canada CDN$ 86.99  
and it "allows" input to the ipad

What I can't figure is why I shouldn't be able to connect with the Go4 app I have installed on my ipad.

Thanks for your consideration

#gofly
2019-3-7
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not going to happen. If you buy they Katana you need to use the Standard Mavic 2 controller not the smart controller.
2019-3-7
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Maybe it's none of my business, but I'm sure everyone reading this thread is dying to know why you want to connect a screen to the one and only controller designed for the purpose of not connecting a screen.
Every other controller by DJI requires connecting a screen of your choice, uses USB connections, and has a spot to mount the screen. I really think you need to purchase the much cheaper M2 standard controller.
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

flygwaii Posted at 3-6 21:00
Hi and thanks for your answer

"monitor" is a generic term

Hi there, thank you for the response. I'm afraid this will not work if you going to use your Ipad pro since the device/monitor should be supported the HMDI input. If that the case you may use any portable monitor that supported the HDMI input if you want to have a larger screen. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-7
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-7
Use props
flygwaii
lvl.2

Canada

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-7 08:54
I thought it had an hdmi out. The adapter takes hdmi in I thought. Wouldn't that be a cable in between?
I totally agree you should just be able to use the sc usb to it though...

Hi Thanks for your reply

still digging and will post if i luck out
2019-3-8
Use props
flygwaii
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 08:14
Hi there, thank you for the response. I'm afraid this will not work if you going to use your Ipad pro since the device/monitor should be supported the HMDI input. If that the case you may any portable monitor that supported the HDMI input if you want to have a larger screen. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for your reply

why can't I connect to my Mavic2 Pro with my ipad running the GO4 app and use it as a second monitor.

either by wifi or USB ?

Thank you
2019-3-8
Use props
flygwaii
lvl.2

Canada

TrevorSK Posted at 3-7 03:04
Maybe it's none of my business, but I'm sure everyone reading this thread is dying to know why you want to connect a screen to the one and only controller designed for the purpose of not connecting a screen.
Every other controller by DJI requires connecting a screen of your choice, uses USB connections, and has a spot to mount the screen. I really think you need to purchase the much cheaper M2 standard controller.

re:

I really think you need to purchase the much cheaper M2 standard controller

At this point I probably should have !

Would be able to run Litchi as well
2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules