Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ueli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696079 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,
we have two Matrice 210 equipped with Z30 and XT2. Both working with Cendence and CrystalSky and both firmware completely up to date.
Z30 works flawless.
XT2 does not provide any picture. Gimbal movement works, but no picture and no settings. In start screen of Pilot it doesn't recognize XT2.
Tried on gimbal 1 and 2 - same situation. Same setup with XT works.

Any ideas?

FW of XT2: V01.00.00.20
M210: V01.02.0301

2019-3-5
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Make sure XT is on Gimbal #1
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ueli, when you mount the gimbals onto the aircraft, it will firstly check the gimbal position 1, if there's nothing on it, it will assume there's no gimbal on the M210. Only XT1 and Z30 can be normally working on position 2, the XT2 is only adaptive to the gimbal position 1.
2019-3-7
Use props
Ueli
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Thanks for advices. Checked it again:
- Mount XT2 on Gimbal 1
- Power on M210 and RC (with CrystalSky)
-> Gimbal moves correctly but no image in the Pilot App. Pilot App recognizes no camera at all.

We checked it out with two M210 and two Xt2. Completely same situation.

Any other advices?
2019-3-10
Use props
Ueli
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

We have now tested with 3 different XT2 and 3 different Matrice 210 - always the same problem!
Be aware when you plan to use this setup!

We have a case open at DJI and sent one machine in. No analysis yet.

But this case is very serious!
2019-3-14
Use props
NordicDroneSolutions
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

We are experiencing the same issues.
Brand new XT2 and Matrice 210 V2.0.
No camera feed in app it seems it doesn't recognize the XT 2 at all
2019-3-26
Use props
jackDAC
lvl.2

Italy

Dear,
I do not reccomend to buy this camera.
My experience with this camera is very poor.
I bought a Matrice 200 with an XT2 on December. I received the equipment mid of January.
Since the first day I experienced a defect on the camera (the camera was again not recognized by the drone) but DJI wrongly suggested me to update the firmware....
After more than one month and many tentatives, DJI asked me to send them the camera with the drone for a repairement process.
Now (March 29th) I'm still without the camera and I dont't know when I will receive it... Camera and drone have never worked!!!
A very bad experience, considering my €17k spent for this bad toy...
2019-3-29
Use props
Droning.CG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41083 ft

Poland

Irytują mnie takie informację. O co chodzi w segmencie enterprise DJI? Obiecywałem sobie znakomitą pracę na sprzęcie wersji v2.0 a tu znów kłopoty jak wykazują posty powyżej. Gdzie leży problem DJI ???
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ueli Posted at 3-14 02:12
We have now tested with 3 different XT2 and 3 different Matrice 210 - always the same problem!

Hi Ueli, sorry for the late response, please reply to my posts directly so that I can get the notification and reply timely.
May I have the case number so that we can keep following up? Thank you.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NordicDroneSolutions Posted at 3-26 06:23

Hi NordicDroneSolutions, XT2 is compatible with M210 V2, may we verify which gimbal position did you mount the XT2? What mobile device are you using and what is its version?
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jackDAC Posted at 3-29 13:55
Dear,
I do not reccomend to buy this camera.
My experience with this camera is very poor.

Hi jackDAC, we have replied your own thread and will keep following up, please keep us updated in your own thread if you have further concern.
2019-4-3
Use props
NordicDroneSolutions
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-2 23:56
Hi NordicDroneSolutions, XT2 is compatible with M210 V2, may we verify which gimbal position did you mount the XT2? What mobile device are you using and what is its version?

Hi Mindy

The XT2 is in pos 2 with a Z30 in pos 1.

We use a CrystalSky 7,85 Ultra  version V2.6.6.0 and DJI Pilot app v 1.2.0
2019-4-3
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

The Xt-2 always needs to  b eon Gimbal #1.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NordicDroneSolutions Posted at 4-3 06:08
Hi Mindy

The XT2 is in pos 2 with a Z30 in pos 1.

EFRPIC is correct, the XT2 is only adaptive to the gimbal position 1, please mount the Z30 to the position 2.
2019-4-4
Use props
colletonfire.fm
lvl.1

United States

Ueli Posted at 3-14 02:12

Has there been any resolution to your issue?  I am having the same problem - full control on the XT2 (in the gimble #1 position), but no image.  
2019-4-10
Use props
colletonfire.fm
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-2 23:56

We are having the same issue.  Full control of the XT2, but no image.  Yes, it is in position 1.
2019-4-10
Use props
bisgDJI
lvl.1

Finland

Hi ,
I am also having the same issue. I also contacted dji support via email month ago still no response. I dont have any video feed in my dji pilot app except FPV.
Yes, I can control XT2 but no image and it is in position 1.
2019-4-10
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Did you do the recent XT-2 firmware upgrade and that's when the video feed failed? That appears to be the primary way this issue occurs. The camera beeps to indicate status during the update are confusing and if you think the upgrade is done (and it isn't) the gimbal control is updated but not the camera. My direction from DJI Enterprise was to send the camera in. I suspect the camera need to be re-flashed to work. We tried the various suggestions of trying to roll back the firmware in the camera, refresh the firmware on the aircraft, to no avail.

This is all on a V1 M210RTK unit FYI.

I'm hoping to have the camera back in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully that is a fix. I will update when I get it back on the aircraft.
2019-4-11
Use props
bisgDJI
lvl.1

Finland

EFRPIC Posted at 4-11 06:28
Did you do the recent XT-2 firmware upgrade and that's when the video feed failed? That appears to be the primary way this issue occurs. The camera beeps to indicate status during the update are confusing and if you think the upgrade is done (and it isn't) the gimbal control is updated but not the camera. My direction from DJI Enterprise was to send the camera in. I suspect the camera need to be re-flashed to work. We tried the various suggestions of trying to roll back the firmware in the camera, refresh the firmware on the aircraft, to no avail.

This is all on a V1 M210RTK unit FYI.

HI,
I checked with the previous version of XT2 and gimbal firmware and after updating to new firmware, both  results the same, no xt2 control. And yes based on the log file the firmware update was successful for both xt2 and gimbal.

I just contacted the support they told me to switch back the xt2 position to 2 and now it doesn't detect the XT2 at all.
2019-4-15
Use props
bisgDJI
lvl.1

Finland

EFRPIC Posted at 4-11 06:28
Did you do the recent XT-2 firmware upgrade and that's when the video feed failed? That appears to be the primary way this issue occurs. The camera beeps to indicate status during the update are confusing and if you think the upgrade is done (and it isn't) the gimbal control is updated but not the camera. My direction from DJI Enterprise was to send the camera in. I suspect the camera need to be re-flashed to work. We tried the various suggestions of trying to roll back the firmware in the camera, refresh the firmware on the aircraft, to no avail.

This is all on a V1 M210RTK unit FYI.

HI,
I checked with the previous version of XT2 and gimbal firmware and after updating to new firmware, both  results the same, no xt2 control. And yes based on the log file the firmware update was successful for both xt2 and gimbal.

I just contacted the support they told me to switch back the xt2 position to 2 and now it doesn't detect the XT2 at all.
2019-4-15
Use props
bisgDJI
lvl.1

Finland

bisgDJI Posted at 4-15 00:26
HI,
I checked with the previous version of XT2 and gimbal firmware and after updating to new firmware, both  results the same, no xt2 control. And yes based on the log file the firmware update was successful for both xt2 and gimbal.

Sorry XT2 to position 1 and Z30 position 2*
2019-4-15
Use props
bisgDJI
lvl.1

Finland

Its fixed!

Connect xt2 to gimbal position 1 and z30 to gimbal position 2.

First update the DJI crystal sky to latest firmware. And then update the DJI pilot to V1.3.
Now I have full control over both gimbal cameras.
2019-4-15
Use props
SCEMA
New
United States

I am having this exact same problem and my xt2 is brand new out of the box. I have done all the updates i possibly can and nothing is working. I have control over the gimbal but no picture at all. I have it on gimbal 1 and z30 on gimbal 2.
2019-4-15
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I suspect the fix is actually V 1.3 of Pilot. 1.2 had massive issues so most reverted to 1.1 and regained gimbal control but at a cost of new feature updates. 1.3 was long in coming so hopefully it fixes most things.
2019-4-15
Use props
gstsolenergy
lvl.2
Greece

NordicDroneSolutions Posted at 3-26 06:23

i have the same problem with 210rk v2 and xt2 and z30.
when i update the xt2  i saw in crystal but after 10 second the picture freeze.
i restart all and i lost the xt2, when i install only xt2 the gimbal work but not recognise xt2.
2019-5-5
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I agree that the fix for this is somewhat convoluted. As our camera issue occurred, doing the firmware update, we were on Pilot 1.1 as we had reverted due to all of the 1.2 issues. We tried to downgrade the XT-2 firmware, which did not work. The upgraded back to V1.2 of Pilot and still no effect. We sent camera in to DJI via dealer, DJI sent to FLIR and now it just returned to be tested tomorrow.

Based on our experience and reading through the others, for those that did not have a firmware update failure, V1.3 of Pilot included a fix which was not published. If there was a firmware update failure, it's likely the unit has to go in for repair as it does not have a auto-reset to the original, factory, firmware ability (note: should have this as a safety - please note DJI engineers).

It also seems that several users have been unaware that the XT-2 MUST be on the PRIMARY gimbal #1  in order to work.

Best way forward, if you have an issue, is to start at the beginning; refresh the aircraft firmware, check for updates on "everything" (crystal sky, Pilot, etc.) and test after each iteration. Otherwise a "fix" may be temporary until the next restart.

Of course, your mileage may vary. These are suggestions only. The above only applies until the next series of updates.....

Fly Safe!
2019-5-5
Use props
GastonEmanuel
New

Argentina

bisgDJI Posted at 4-15 05:21
Its fixed!

Connect xt2 to gimbal position 1 and z30 to gimbal position 2.

Hi, i have the same problem. Do you have the link to dowload that version of pilot? Regards!
2019-8-18
Use props
GastonEmanuel
New

Argentina

Hi, i have the same problem. Do you have the link to dowload that version of pilot? Regards!
2019-8-18
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

I use XT2 on M210 V2 without any problems... Occasionally I use Z30 as well, andi both cameras simultaneously work correctly .
After receiving aircraft and the cameras in May 2019 I have updated Crystalsky to latest firmware, updated all componets,  and additionaly I have updated Pilot app in Crystalsky to current version,
Hope this helps.
2019-8-18
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

same for me since 01.08.2019
2019-8-18
Use props
Hurricane323
lvl.2
  • >>>

Post a video of the issue for everyone to see. From start to finish.
2019-9-26
Use props
Paul_Sicwence
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32405 ft

Australia

I am having the same problem.
I did some troubelshooting and found that Gimbal 2 does not work on the dual downward gimbal.
It keeps saying "Gimbal 2 does not support the load and switch to Gimbal 1."
Everything is brand new, straight out of the box (M210 v2, X5S, XT2) this is the second one I've purchased this year and still not able to use both cameras.

Can DJI get this fixed as I am $80,000 in the red with nothing to show for???

Can we put a collective law suit to DJI for false advertising?? Seriously annoyed!

Paul

2019-12-19
Use props
Paul_Sicwence
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32405 ft

Australia

Ueli, has your problem been resolved yet? I am also having the same issue with both M210 v2. Haven't been able to use both cameras since purchasing. Everything is brand new
2019-12-19
Use props
Yannick Wydooghe
New

Belgium

I have the same problem on a m210 V2 rtk send my xt To dji and not working.
2020-4-18
Use props
fans5a9f2b7d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi. I have a M200 and the XT2 has never worked. It's been to Holland for 3 months and was offered no resolution what so ever. I have no spot metering and was told that my updates were out of alignment or something like that. Needless to say, I have no support what so ever. No one to speak with about this situation. And the general feeling I got was, put up and shut up. So I have no crystal sky and only a ipad and cannot use my XT2. Well done DJI. That's for completely nothing. I have never used this camera since I've owned it. (Nearly 2 years!!!! )
2020-6-3
Use props
Hunter4CH4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106919 ft
United States

Were you able to solve this issue?  I am having the same issue.  
2020-12-5
Use props
Ueli
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hunter4CH4 Posted at 12-5 14:54
Were you able to solve this issue?  I am having the same issue.

Yes, sent camera to DJI for repair / compatibility-upgrade. After that it works great.
2020-12-7
Use props
Katherine James
lvl.2

Angola

I am having a similar issue with our XT2 mounted on an M600. When first attached to the drone it I get a video feed for a few minutes, I can take photos and see RGB/thermal screens. However, after a few minutes the feed goes black, and I cannot see anything. The home page of the DJI pilot app shows that the XT2 is not being registered. I try restarting the drone/controller/app but the camera does not appear. I had no issues on wednesday when flying we were able to take photos and videos. This problem appeared yesterday (Thursday)  I removed the camera SD card this morning to check the log and I am getting the following message:

########## XT2 Upgrade Log ##########
Not have find PackFirmware, don't upgrade
######## XT2 Upgrade Log End ########

I downloaded the current firmware from the DJI website (https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-xt2/downloads) and tried to update the camera firmware.

HOWEVER, the camera is not reading the SD card and the firmware package stays on the SD card and the camera is not updated. When I turn the drone on the camera is still self checking, and responds to me moving the angle using the wheel on the controller.

I would greatly appreciate any help on getting the unit up and running as it is required for urgent thermal inspections next week.
2022-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules