Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
updating fimware for RC
998 7 2019-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
longwinger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80587 ft
United States

I updated the firmware for the P4, now it shows the remote control needs an update, I plug it in, but nothing happens, how do I do this?
Thanks
Oscar
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to updating the firmware of the Remote, you may update it using the DJI Go 4 app but make sure your mobile device is connected to the home wifi for you to be able to download the firmware, you may see the notification from the homepage of the App or from the Aircraft status. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-3-5
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you want to update the P4 RC then follow these instructions :-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 (V4.2.6 and above) and tap 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show a red triangle if update of RC to V1.9.3 is available (this may take a minute or two to appear). When it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. This is all done via wifi to the display device running DJI Go 4, this updates RC without any additional equipment or App's. If this does not work then reboot display device and RC then try again. That may make the difference to your display.
2019-3-5
Use props
longwinger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80587 ft
United States

Thanks for all the good advice, looks like something changed in the settings for collision sensors, they were off. After turning them back on all seems ok.. thanks again
2019-3-8
Use props
Chas123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109790 ft
Canada

I was trying to get the video feed to display on my tablet, all I was getting was a black screen but video was recording to the SD card.  After reading up on issue, I downgraded the firmware from 1.9.3 to 1.60 with intention of upgrading again to 1.9.3 hoping this would solve the video display problem.  After downgrading, I re-installed 1.9.3 on the RC, downloaded without error and installed successfully.  However on reboot I am now getting error message from RC that "NO AVAILABLE FIRMWARE FOR THIS DEVICE"  I am receiving this message from the 10 second press of the three bars, top right corner of the opening screen of freshly installed DJI GO 4 app.  Help.
2019-3-23
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chas123 Posted at 3-23 12:22
I was trying to get the video feed to display on my tablet, all I was getting was a black screen but video was recording to the SD card.  After reading up on issue, I downgraded the firmware from 1.9.3 to 1.60 with intention of upgrading again to 1.9.3 hoping this would solve the video display problem.  After downgrading, I re-installed 1.9.3 on the RC, downloaded without error and installed successfully.  However on reboot I am now getting error message from RC that "NO AVAILABLE FIRMWARE FOR THIS DEVICE"  I am receiving this message from the 10 second press of the three bars, top right corner of the opening screen of freshly installed DJI GO 4 app.  Help.

"However on reboot I am now getting error message from RC that "NO AVAILABLE FIRMWARE FOR THIS DEVICE"  I am receiving this message from the 10 second press of the three bars, top right corner of the opening screen of freshly installed DJI GO 4 app.  Help."

You're most likely seeing this because you are at latest version (V1.9.3) and there is no other available that will work with the latest aircraft firmware. It's not an error but simply stating the facts.
2019-3-23
Use props
Chas123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109790 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 3-23 16:58
"However on reboot I am now getting error message from RC that "NO AVAILABLE FIRMWARE FOR THIS DEVICE"  I am receiving this message from the 10 second press of the three bars, top right corner of the opening screen of freshly installed DJI GO 4 app.  Help."

You're most likely seeing this because you are at latest version (V1.9.3) and there is no other available that will work with the latest aircraft firmware. It's not an error but simply stating the facts.

Thanks for the reply.  Started up the RC and aircraft to do a screen grab to show you what I meant and everything is fine, except the I still cannot see video on the RC tablet.  Not sure this is the right forum for that so will not pursue it here.
2019-3-24
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chas123 Posted at 3-24 11:29
Thanks for the reply.  Started up the RC and aircraft to do a screen grab to show you what I meant and everything is fine, except the I still cannot see video on the RC tablet.  Not sure this is the right forum for that so will not pursue it here.

Which display device are you using ?

You could also try a camera reset, which is at the bottom of the camera settings menu.
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules