Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How does a drone yaw?
1616 7 2019-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrunchyChris
lvl.2

United States

This morning I was wondering how a drone yaws. I know that to pitch it gives 2 propellers more speed than the other two, but how does it yaw?
2019-3-5
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Yaw works due to the inertia moment of the quad rotors. Also read about the helicopter flight dynamics.

Moment of inertia

Copter flight dynamic
2019-3-5
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Yup; that explains it!

Just jokin around Arcicorsa.   Thanks for the links!  Makes for some fun reading.  Always good to refresh my old calculus memories
2019-3-5
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Same way it goes forward and back.. speed up two motors and slow down the other two.. but in the case of yaw, the motors are on opposite corners... sorry.. trying to explain it without using math :-)
2019-3-5
Use props
Hobbyshop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32769 ft
United States

You guy's are making my brain hurt. Lol
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day CrunchyChris. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. Yaw means that half of the motors of the drone turn clockwise and the other half turn counter-clockwise. Each of the motor applies a force to the frame opposite of its rotational direction. These forces cancel each other out when running at the same speed. If you speed up one set, the drone will rotate. Thank you.
2019-3-5
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-5 16:24
Hello and good day CrunchyChris. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. Yaw means that half of the motors of the drone turn clockwise and the other half turn counter-clockwise. Each of the motor applies a force to the frame opposite of its rotational direction. These forces cancel each other out when running at the same speed. If you speed up one set, the drone will rotate. Thank you.

Thank you for this explanation.
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-5 17:04
Thank you for this explanation.

You're most welcome. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules