Smart controller STILL "out of stock" as of March 2019 ?!!
4666 36 2019-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

After the launch at CES 2019, the DJI Smart Controller was listed as out of stock for US customers even though it was sold, shipped and delivered elsewhere in the world such as Germany and Taiwan. DJI admitted that the delay for US customers was related to the government shutdown that also affected the FCC. However, as of last month, that situation has changed and the FCC got back to work.

So my question to DJI is simple: WHY the smart controller STILL out of stock for the US as of March 2019 ?... Some seller from China however, are selling it on Amazon at a ridiculous price of $999 + $60 shipping. So again, why DJI still display "out of stock" on their web site is beyound me (and lot of people) at this point.
2019-3-5
Use props
fans4cf64f90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 476243 ft
United States

Do you need it now???  I bought one but haven’t opened it yet.  I live in NJ
2019-3-5
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans4cf64f90 Posted at 3-5 18:13
Do you need it now???  I bought one but haven’t opened it yet.  I live in NJ

Thanks for the offer which is REALLY appreciated. I am not in a hurry for it, since it's rain season right now and pretty much grounded at this time. But I was just wondering as myself and friends found very weird that DJI web site still shows as "out of stock".

When the sunny days comes back, if this controller is still out of stock, I may take you on this offer, if you still have it of course by then ;)
2019-3-5
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been reading many people having problems with their units sold in the US. Locking up at startup and such. I'm thinking that maybe they found a major flaw in the US units. And the delay is caused for them to retool their production. I already have a smart controller luckily its working fine. So far.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D552%26typeid%3D552

TK
2019-3-5
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Now available!!!!!!!
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi MPP Pilot, the DJI Smart Controller is available in the US now, you may check this link:
https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... esult-v2&position=0
2019-3-5
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-5 23:04
Hi MPP Pilot, the DJI Smart Controller is available in the US now, you may check this link:

I just saw this this morning, thanks !
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

Trailkill Posted at 3-5 20:10
Now available!!!!!!!

What is now  a available?
2019-3-6
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ttomas Posted at 3-6 13:34
What is now  a available?

What the thread is about . The DJI Smart Controller.
2019-3-6
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I waited 3 months for mine and it finally arrived, but I haven't opened it up yet as I had to leave for a trip for a few days. Anyway, is it true that the delay was due to issues with US bound shipments? What's the story behind that? Can someone at DJI please elaborate on the speculation?
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MPP Pilot Posted at 3-6 11:08
I just saw this this morning, thanks !

My pleasure. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2019-3-6
Use props
fans0226581e
lvl.2
Egypt

If the DJI Smart Controller is in-stock, why does it say "Estimated to ship 10-15 business days after payment confirmation."?
Seems like it's not really available for shipping yet.
2019-3-9
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans0226581e Posted at 3-9 11:58
If the DJI Smart Controller is in-stock, why does it say "Estimated to ship 10-15 business days after payment confirmation."?
Seems like it's not really available for shipping yet.

Yeah I ordered it and pay for it right away when I saw the message it was again available on the DJI web site. I didn't notice anything stating about delay in the shipment, but since I ordered it (3 days ago), I haven't received any other email about shipment.
2019-3-9
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MPP Pilot Posted at 3-9 12:06
Yeah I ordered it and pay for it right away when I saw the message it was again available on the DJI web site. I didn't notice anything stating about delay in the shipment, but since I ordered it (3 days ago), I haven't received any other email about shipment.

I ordered on 3/6 the very moment I got the email that it was available. At that time it said shipping 1 - 2 days after payment. The very next day it went to 10 to 15 days shipping.
Oh and my delivery date is Tuesday the 12th. I guess you have to be fast

TK
2019-3-9
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MARCH 12th 2019 -- UPDATE -- AFTER ORDERING IT ON MARCH 6th
Contacted DJI support today to check about my order, and that's what they told me:
"
  • Thank you for waiting. I do apologies for the quite delay of your parcel. However, as per checking our order system, supposed to be the estimated shipping out date of your package will be last 8th of March. However, the reason of the delay of it is at of this moment your DJI Smart Controller is currently out of stock to the warehouse who handle your order. And for me to help you with this, the best thing that I can do about this is to make a follow up on your order to our logistic team as they are the related department who handle this kind of concern.

• Any updates over this one you will be notify via an email for your tracking number once the order shipped out in our edn."

2019-3-12
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-6 23:58
My pleasure. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.

Ordered the Smart controller as soon as you told me you guys had it in stock. And now I am been told again that the controller is out of stock and that my order is delayed
2019-3-12
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered mine last week and they have accepted payment, but the process of delivery has stopped at that. Hopefully this is some confusion by the person you spoke to. I still see the SC is available for purchase on the DJI store. who knows...
2019-3-12
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
United States

Messy even for getting hands at one... hope they don’t screw it like they did with the Goggles RE
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MPP Pilot Posted at 3-12 15:28
Ordered the Smart controller as soon as you told me you guys had it in stock. And now I am been told again that the controller is out of stock and that my order is delayed

Sorry about this. May I have your order number for double check?
2019-3-13
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-13 00:17
Sorry about this. May I have your order number for double check?

I cannot show the order number here, because I get a error message saying I am "trying to post content not allowed" when I try. I will see if I can send it to you through personal messages instead.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MPP Pilot Posted at 3-13 09:30
I cannot show the order number here, because I get a error message saying I am "trying to post content not allowed" when I try. I will see if I can send it to you through personal messages instead.

Thanks for the order number, I have verified with the warehouse, it is still out of stock temporarily, we have prioritized your order and will ship it out as soon as we have it in stock. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-3-14
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apparently, they had them out of stock when the were sending people emails to notify them they were in stock. I was one of them who decide to order last week and found out yesterday... little sneaky there DJI.
2019-3-14
Use props
ThisOne
lvl.2
United States

Ordered on the 5th of March, status says "Shipped" today (18th). So shipping was roughly 10 days. Ordering process may be stabilizing. Could be good news?
2019-3-18
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Ordered the bundle (M2Z + SC) on march 13th, shiped 12 hours later, delivered  3 days later in Miami - FL
2019-3-18
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

In Germany it is still out of Stock. 2 Weeks ago i got a reminder that it is back in Stock. But 2 hours later when i try to buy it it was again out of stock. So no idea when i will get one. Summertime is here and i would be nice to have one now. Not when the summertime is gone.... now
2019-6-11
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Someone reported that Best Buy in the US had them either yesterday or the day before.
2019-6-11
Use props
Kantoosion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 607149 ft
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-11 06:23
Someone reported that Best Buy in the US had them either yesterday or the day before.

Yes it true! Ordered one yesterday.  Price came out less than what DJI is selling even with tax.
2019-6-11
Use props
djiuser_IQCN9s9FM3sg
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-5 23:04

if it was it isnt now the web sight clearly says out of stock
2019-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_IQCN9s9FM3sg Posted at 7-8 08:39
if it was it isnt now the web sight clearly says out of stock

Please kindly click the In Stock Reminder and enter your email address to subscribe, we'll send you an email to you as soon as the unit is restocked, thanks!
2019-7-9
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

There was just a report that the DJI Arizona store had a few in stock and that, I think, B&H also had stock.  But at the higher price.
2019-7-9
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Out of stock everywhere at the moment can anyone from DJI say when stocks will be back up ??
2019-7-10
Use props
vmaidensphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6352 ft
Canada

I've been waiting for this thing to come in stock for months and have an need to stream video from it for some development testing, would really like to know if this is going to be available soon.
2019-7-11
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

This is relatively old but same time still an active issue worldwide.
I am based in Macao , few weeks ago, SC suddenly showed up in the DJI stock then few days later before I buy ,disappeared again.
As on 23 Aug 2019 ,  still outoff the stock.
DJI website could only deliver the SC where the order is placed , I mean for example in Taiwan, SC  stock is available but they can not deliver to Macao or else where.
DJI bad stock management makes the happy black market sellers worldwide , who sell the SC  with ridiculous price (800-900USD)
My only question  is "What is the core reason behind  causing DJI could not handle the customer request or could not manufacture  , deliver enough  product worldwide.
Or is there any hidden reason behind forcing the customers to buy the bundled product (SC + M2P) which is available every time everywhere?

2019-8-22
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

akozc Posted at 8-22 20:04
This is relatively old but same time still an active issue worldwide.
I am based in Macao , few weeks ago, SC suddenly showed up in the DJI stock then few days later before I buy ,disappeared again.
As on 23 Aug 2019 ,  still outoff the stock.

I live in Canada and I bought mine when it was made available. Since then it has been completely unavailable much like the 3.5mm microphone adapter for the Pocket Mo.
There must be some other reason DJI have Mase the SC unavailable in most regions.
Is there a newer version coming or is it basically discounted before everyone could enjoy.
Many questions to be answered by DJI...
2019-8-23
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

Is it worth all that money if you are not a commercial flier?
2019-9-30
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft

ttomas Posted at 9-30 07:18
Is it worth all that money if you are not a commercial flier?

If you don't feel passion when you fly your drone, no.  If you do, then yes.  Also if you spent any amount of time using a phone, then its a welcomed upgrade.  If you get the smart controller straight out of the gate with your first drone ever, you wont know what the big deal is.  
2019-9-30
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

Mr Sepo Posted at 9-30 22:01
If you don't feel passion when you fly your drone, no.  If you do, then yes.  Also if you spent any amount of time using a phone, then its a welcomed upgrade.  If you get the smart controller straight out of the gate with your first drone ever, you wont know what the big deal is.

YUP... YOU ARE RIGHT...
THanks
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules