1832 14 2019-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mertsendag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88770 ft
United States

Hi guys,

A week ago, I had this crazy incident where Spark just decided to go away out of the blue (screenshot belowed).

I was circling a cathedral in the Ukrainian city of Odessa. In the middle of the quickshot, my spark decided to end it, go backwards at full speed. It quickly went away 300 meters and I lost sight of it.

Pushing the sticks did not help, it was completely unresponsive and it was still in quick shot mode while doing this. After disconnecting completely, I was losing hope but thankfully it had recorded the home point. It switched to GPS mode and came back to home point.

How on earth is this possible? Any ideas?

IMG_3572.PNG

Regards
2019-3-5
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Questions galore. Please upload your flight log and share the link if you want answers from the experts here.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi mertsendag, we're sorry to read your post. Could you refer to the tutorial video and export the flight records and flight data for better assistance? Thank you so much!
2019-3-5
Use props
mertsendag
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-5 23:16
Hi mertsendag, we're sorry to read your post. Could you refer to the tutorial video and export the flight records and flight data for better assistance? Thank you so much!
https://youtu.be/ngEHdAlAh9A

Hi,

Can I use the logs stored in the SD card? Would that be okay?

Thanks
2019-3-6
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Do you know, that Primorsky district in Odessa is No Fly Zone?
Screenshot_20190306-204103_Chrome.jpg
2019-3-6
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

I can tell that once tried to take off near the Church of Sts. Olha and Elizabeth in Lviv. The distance between the drone and the building was over 20 metres and when altitude was at 18-25 metres, connection instantly disappeared. Fortunately it wasn't "fly away" case and the drone just landed whrere it was in that moment.
I think the problem was in huge interference that was caused by metal constraction of the building.
The Cathedral where you've flown could do the same with your drone.
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mertsendag Posted at 3-6 04:37
Hi,

Can I use the logs stored in the SD card? Would that be okay?

It is recommended to refer to the above tutorial video to export the corresponding data for analysis. BTW, if you are recording during the flight, feel free to share us the video, thank you!
2019-3-6
Use props
mertsendag
lvl.2
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-6 10:41
Do you know, that Primorsky district in Odessa is No Fly Zone?

In my app, only the stadium and the airport is no fly zone. I tried to take off near stadium and it didn't. but this place looked fine.
2019-3-6
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

mertsendag Posted at 3-6 23:53
In my app, only the stadium and the airport is no fly zone. I tried to take off near stadium and it didn't. but this place looked fine.

In February I wrote the letter to the Aviation service with a question why did they lock so wide areas over Odessa. Their answer was: because of request of the Military service.
2019-3-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-7 01:29
In February I wrote the letter to the Aviation service with a question why did they lock so wide areas over Odessa. Their answer was: because of request of the Military service.

With all the hassle with the Crimea peninsula, this actually makes sense.
2019-3-7
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 3-7 01:55
With all the hassle with the Crimea peninsula, this actually makes sense.

It is true, unfortunately. We here were on the edge of the same situation as the Donbass region and only by chance didn't fall into the Hell of war. So any precautions aren't exaggerated.
2019-3-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-3-9
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

Did you check in the app for interference, Before taking off, it’s usually a good indication to fly or not.
2019-3-9
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Jetta-The-Hut Posted at 3-9 07:31
Did you check in the app for interference, Before taking off, it’s usually a good indication to fly or not.

It's quite often that interference come after you take off.
2019-3-9
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-7 02:13
It is true, unfortunately. We here were on the edge of the same situation as the Donbass region and only by chance didn't fall into the Hell of war. So any precautions aren't exaggerated.

You know how evil we drone fliers can be
2019-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules