Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller Stuck on Start Up Screen
12Next >
20531 57 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Everone,
We have the new DJI Smartcontoller.

We have been using it fine for a month, but yesterday when out flying wirh our Mavic Pro 2 it would not start up.

It is now stuck on the start up screen wirh just the DJI logo flashing.

It goes no further than that.

Does anyone know how to reset the controller please?

Ideally we would like to get it to start up in a safe mode? Does anyone know how to do that?

Is there a combination of buttons we can press to perform a factory reset?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

2019-3-6
Use props
fans29f23e38
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91558 ft
United Kingdom

My controller did that when i updated the FW the other day. I just powered it down and restarted and it then informed me it was all updated and all ok.
2019-3-6
Use props
joombo
lvl.1

Ukraine

Thanks for the useful info!
2019-3-6
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans29f23e38 Posted at 3-6 00:24
My controller did that when i updated the FW the other day. I just powered it down and restarted and it then informed me it was all updated and all ok.

Thanks for that,

Sadly we have tried that,it still does not work, just sits at the logo.

Do you know if there is a set of buttons to hold down at start up to do a reset?
2019-3-6
Use props
fans29f23e38
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No im not sure but im sure someone will be along soon to give the answer
2019-3-6
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans29f23e38 Posted at 3-6 00:50
No im not sure but im sure someone will be along soon to give the answer

Thanks, but I doubt it, it seems very few people know anything about the smart Controller short of turning it off and on and using it!
2019-3-6
Use props
fans29f23e38
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Maybe a DJI Rep will be along to answer soon
2019-3-6
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans29f23e38 Posted at 3-6 01:35
Maybe a DJI Rep will be along to answer soon

That would be great!

Let’s hope someone can give some insight!
2019-3-6
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hold the power button for 10 seconds and it will power down. And just power back on after that. it should be back to normal. Make sure all videos and Pics are stored in the sd card. Also delete 3rd party apps that maybe the cause. May sure the internal storage is not max out or full. I end up deleting stuff like 3rd party apps.
2019-3-6
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ting-ting Posted at 3-6 03:48
Hold the power button for 10 seconds and it will power down. And just power back on after that. it should be back to normal. Make sure all videos and Pics are stored in the sd card. Also delete 3rd party apps that maybe the cause. May sure the internal storage is not max out or full. I end up deleting stuff like 3rd party apps.

thanks for that, yes we have tried that many times, as well as the full reset option of C1+C2+Shutter+Power on.

None makes any change.
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. Would it be possible if you could take a picture or make a video in regards to this situation for further help? You may upload the link via google drive or dropbox. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-6
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-6 14:05
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. Would it be possible if you could take a picture or make a video in regards to this situation for further help? You may upload the link via google drive or dropbox. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Tony thanks for the comment.

This is the screen it is stuck on.

2019-3-7
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-7 09:12
Hi Tony thanks for the comment.

This is the screen it is stuck on.

And this is the picture of the issue with the firmware update.

2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-7 09:13
And this is the picture of the issue with the firmware update.

[view_image]

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask if you manage to download the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 Pro? If not, you could download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 using the link below. I've managed to coordinate this situation with our designated department and we may need a short video of this situation. You could also send the serial number of this unit via PM for further assistance. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-3-7
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-7 14:26
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask if you manage to download the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 Pro? If not, you could download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 using the link below. I've managed to coordinate this situation with our designated department and we may need a short video of this situation. You could also send the serial number of this unit via PM for further assistance. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Hi tony, yes we are using dji assiatnt 2 , we have tried the pc and Mac version. All run to 99% then fail
2019-3-8
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here’s DJI assistant v2 today at the 99% install point again.
2019-3-8
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Tony, we have sent you a pm this morning.
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-8 00:25
Hi Tony, we have sent you a pm this morning.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. We've verified this concern to our designated department, unfortunately, we have to send the unit to our facility for further evaluation. For the additional information, after the repair, all information will be clear, including but not limited to photos, videos, and the third party app. You may contact our support via the link below for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-3-11
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-11 12:26
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. We've verified this concern to our designated department, unfortunately, we have to send the unit to our facility for further evaluation. For the additional information, after the repair, all information will be clear, including but not limited to photos, videos, and the third party app. You may contact our support via the link below for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support

Thanks for the reply Tony.

The whole package of the smart controller and Mavic 2 Pro has now been sent back to jessops the supplier in the UK.

I assume they will send it back to DJI in due course.

It’s a shame I had to lose the whole set up though, but that’s the policy of jessops for returns.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-11 23:19
Thanks for the reply Tony.

The whole package of the smart controller and Mavic 2 Pro has now been sent back to jessops the supplier in the UK.

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We do apologize if you ended up sending the unit for replacement. We're hoping that you could get the replacement as soon as possible. Kindly keep us posted if you need our help. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-12
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-12 08:51
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We do apologize if you ended up sending the unit for replacement. We're hoping that you could get the replacement as soon as possible. Kindly keep us posted if you need our help. Thank you for continued support.

Thanks Tony,

We can only hope that it is replaced very soon, beaxuse as it stands we paid £1800 for a solution to use in our commercial business,  but we are now without the product,,so no means of income.
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-12 12:05
Thanks Tony,

We can only hope that it is replaced very soon, beaxuse as it stands we paid £1800 for a solution to use in our commercial business,  but we are now without the product,,so no means of income.

You're most welcome. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause. Kindly inform us if you need our assistance.
2019-3-12
Use props
fansad439635
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70669 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-11 12:26

www.dji.com/support

I've got the exact same issue. Trying to download firmware and the controller just started blinking nevcer turning off or making progress. Does this mean I have to send the smart controller back to DJI to fix? None of the responses here seem to help. Thanks. Peter
2019-3-17
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansad439635 Posted at 3-17 11:02
I've got the exact same issue. Trying to download firmware and the controller just started blinking nevcer turning off or making progress. Does this mean I have to send the smart controller back to DJI to fix? None of the responses here seem to help. Thanks. Peter

We had to send ours back via jesspos the suppling dealer in the UK.

But as we suspected there is no stock of the bundles of Mavic 2 and smart controller and no sup0ly date,

But yes the answer is it needs to be returned to dji,
2019-3-18
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-12 16:12
You're most welcome. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause. Kindly inform us if you need our assistance.

Hi Tony,

As you know we sent our entire bundle back to jessops.

However jessops in the UK have now been told by DJI Europe there is no shipping date for the Mavic 2 bundles wirh Smart Controllers due to a manufacturing issue?

Could you please confirm if this is actually true from DJI?

Thanks,
2019-3-18
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-18 10:22
Hi Tony,

As you know we sent our entire bundle back to jessops.

Maybe I should not perpetuate rumors.... Somewhere I read that the package price has gone up and no longer showing a discount.    Again, I have no idea and have not investigated - just something I read in passing.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansad439635 Posted at 3-17 11:02

HI, we're sorry for the late response. If you're having the same problem then I'm afraid that we have to send the unit as well into our facility for further evaluation of the Smart remote controller. You could contact our support using the link that I've provided on post #22. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-20
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

Man that doesn't sound like fun
2019-3-20
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We don’t have any updates on the status of our replacement drone and controller.

Jessops are still saying they have no delivery dates from DJi.

We attended the Photography show at the NEC on Monday, the Smart Controller was not on display on the DJI stand.
2019-3-21
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-21 07:43
We don’t have any updates on the status of our replacement drone and controller.

Jessops are still saying they have no delivery dates from DJi.

That seems odd.  You would think it is the hot new product.  
2019-3-21
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 3-21 18:00
That seems odd.  You would think it is the hot new product.

Exactly what we thought!

The thing is as commercial operators we are losing money due to not having the kit we purchased.

As most of the jobs we quoted for are smaller lower overall cost, it’s makes not sense commercially to do the work with our Inspire 2.

Not feeling like Dji are that bothered about us, despite being a loyal customer for over 7 years!

Perhaps it’s time to invest in a Yuneec as our third platform of choice.

2019-3-22
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A moment ago
New
Add bookmark
So lots of chasing, and we finally received our brand new package of Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller today.

I’m pleased to say it’s brand new never opened unit, so we have had to start from scratch again.

We did have quite a few issues to start with, but in fairness they might be due to our poor Bt WiFi which was once again only running at 8mbits instead of the 80mbits we re supposed to get from our fibre service.

So we tried 4 Times to update the smart controller, all over WiFi’ , not the wired connection, and 4 times It Failed at 99%.

On the 5th try it worked.

We are also making screen shot recordings of the on board memory storage too, and will be closely monitoring that so we don’t run into issues.

2019-3-29
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-29 08:24
A moment ago
New
Add bookmark

Nice to read that you are set.  I would hope that they somehow address the storage space in regards to UPGRADES.  It should be able to handle any space limitation more gracefully.  
2019-3-29
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 3-29 15:35
Nice to read that you are set.  I would hope that they somehow address the storage space in regards to UPGRADES.  It should be able to handle any space limitation more gracefully.

Thanks for your comment.

Yes I think with hindsight we should have been monitoring the internal memory more closely, and ideally before every flight too.

Of course you generally don’t, because in over 7 years of owning and flying DJI drones, not once has memory, or lack of it on the remote controller been an issue, because they were always dumb remotes, or just iPad or iPhone screens!

Perhaps the smart controller is not so smart after all!
2019-3-29
Use props
fansf36922e5
New
  • >>>

Hello there,

I have the same issue.

I contacted DJI and they asked me to pay for the shipment. I was wondering if that was the case with you as well?
2019-10-7
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>

fansf36922e5 Posted at 10-7 11:20
Hello there,

I have the same issue.

No we didn’t have to pay for shipping because we sourced our M2P and SC Bundle through jessops in the UK.

They handled all the collections and returns to dji for us.
2019-10-12
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 10-12 23:59
No we didn’t have to pay for shipping because we sourced our M2P and SC Bundle through jessops in the UK.

They handled all the collections and returns to dji for us.

Have you had any problems since you got the new one up and going?
2019-10-13
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>

BobB Posted at 10-13 01:24
Have you had any problems since you got the new one up and going?

Hi there,

Nope, our new one works perfectly.

We do however carefully monitor the on board storage and have a 128GB sd card installed at all times and the setting for local storage to use the card.

We also closely watch what apps we install, and only use a few additional apps.

We have Facebook installed as it’s an easy way to share 360 panoramas to wider audience, but we still see that the Facebook app crashes from time to time.

This does not seem to have any detrimental effects on anything else thankfully though.
2019-10-13
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 10-13 23:36
Hi there,

Nope, our new one works perfectly.

You seem to have got a lemon for your first one and only one other posted they had the same problem? Glad you got it sorted out with the new one
2019-10-14
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>

BobB Posted at 10-14 01:17
You seem to have got a lemon for your first one and only one other posted they had the same problem? Glad you got it sorted out with the new one

Yep I’m sure that was the case,it was one of the very first bundled M2P and SC packages shipped.

We are well happy with it now, it’s just the convenience and ease of use.

We also have the lift Thor mount and a large screen too, which really helps if you are doing an inspection on site and the client wants to see what you are looking at.

Another great accessory that I would recommend to anyone with the smart controller.
2019-10-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules