403 8 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

hi,

I’m working on a mesh network next week with a 8km 2.4ghz wifi mesh network..

For shiz and giggles I though of trying to connect my spark and controller to the wifi .?

The network has plenty of bandwidth is there any way to do this .. control the drone over the mesh network..

Would be fun..

Please before you say anything about range... and buying a better drone ect..

I have a mP2 that does more range then I ever need.. I was just seeing if the spark could do this .. could open some ideas
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2
lvl.2

United States

Hi, saw your comment and it sounds like you have experience with drones. Hoping you can help me with my own question. I have noticed a larger than normal gap between the top and bottom halves of my Spark’s rotor. It still flies but as a result the rotation angle is off and the props cross over the roof of the upper hull more closely. Is there any kind of a fix to adjust this gap?
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2
lvl.2

United States

To your question though, while I am unsure if you can link your own connection, the Spark won’t be able to fly 8km and return with its battery time so keep that in mind. It may not be necessary for you to do.
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2
lvl.2

United States

To your question though, while I am unsure if you can link your own connection, the Spark won’t be able to fly 8km and return with its battery time so keep that in mind. It may not be necessary for you to do.
2019-3-6
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2 Posted at 3-6 03:48

It’s not about distance .. it’s about flying behind objects that would normally obtruct signal
2019-3-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I'd guess, in case it can be done, the sparks signal output will limit the distance: You RC won't see the Spark reporting back
2019-3-6
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 3-6 04:04
I'd guess, in case it can be done, the sparks signal output will limit the distance: You RC won't see the Spark reporting back

Why .. the spark and controller would be connected to the mesh
2019-3-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Sorry, I missed "mesh"!
I thought, stupidly, you'd just "extend" the RC(Signal) to upto8km.
So I now say, it can't be done.
I think, that the RC is kind of recognized as hardware to the Spark.
Don't think, you can "split" that info into a mesh.
Because the Spark is build to communicate just with one sender/receiver
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_NCXRokNslVsT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163619 ft
United States

I don't know enough about the Spark. However I do have exerience with IT and networks. Therefore, I believe you could do this very well. Think of it as using an access Point (AP) or Range Boosting. You  might have to use some NAT. Depending on the RC and Sparks NIC's you should be able to do it.
Let me know how this works as I may be doing something, along the same lines, in the not too distant future.
Whther you can just grab the signals and work from a routing perspective or instead you have to get into the script on the RC and AC to make some alteration, is something you will have to play with.
However, I would think just hijacking the signal and moving it through the mesh should work fine.
In the end all the Spark or RC know is are they getting a signal that matches it's protocols, on the correct bandwidth, with the proper credentials.
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules