Need help with Drones for traveling
1300 8 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Metadeth
New

Australia

Hi guys, I'm about to embark on a scenic trip to Iceland in a few months' time, and my family's thinking of getting a drone for scenic photography purposes. I've never owned or used a drone before, so I would appreciate some recommendations and methods.

The main considerations are price (no solid budget, but we want to avoid making it rain if I could help it) and battery life. Any ways that we can keep the drone up for several hours (taking a bulk of photos since we're quite heavily photography-based) during the day? (whether it be spare batteries or other solutions, but I'm not expecting access to places where we can charge them during middle of the day regularly)

2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2
lvl.2

United States

Mind taking a look at my post, it is below yours.
2019-3-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Every battery of the Spark gets you about 12 minutes.
So with 10 batts you could get 2h airtime. (Just saying ;-)
I am happy with the Spark, but in case you seriously doing pictures, you may check other DJI drones.
The mavics (here the 2) comes with a higher price, 2 times airtime but in the end with raw pictures!
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really appreciate you for being interested in DJI Products. With regards to that, you may check these tools for comparing each Aircraft and especially the specs as well https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones for you to have at least an idea. if you planning to use it more than an hour fly more combo would be best that includes extra batteries. You may just check it on our official online store here's the link https://store.dji.com
Best Regards!
2019-3-6
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

I highly recommend the Spark for beginners.
Make sure to get the Care Refresh coverage for "accidents"
2019-3-6
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I took the Spark to Iceland. Easy and small to pack. No one gave me any grief. Lots of open space and plenty of places to fly. Similar flight rules to the US. However, you should really get several weeks, if not months, of practice in before traveling and flying in a new country. Many things can go wrong and you can easily lose your drone without practice and experience. Please don't fly for the first time in Iceland.  
2019-3-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My only advice is to check not only the country you are travelling to, but also the regulations on your transportation. I was prevented carrying my Mavic Pro drone onboard a P&O cruise-ship for a trip to the pacific islands. They are not allowed onboard..
2019-3-7
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Metadeth,

I have been to Iceland last autumn with the Spark. No problem traveling there with a drone (I went with Icelandair), Sparky packed in the FlyMore bag in the checked baggage, the batteries in the hand luggage.
On serveral sightseeing spots drones are not allowed to fly. On others its ok, I saw some Mavics and phantoms there, and on guy with a Spark like me :-)
Be prepared for strong winds, so better fly low.
Just as a teaser:

Enjoy your stay, make sure your credit card account is well filled!
Wolferl
2019-3-7
Use props
djiuser_MUw61O3GVjuQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 817 ft
Indonesia

S-e-ven Posted at 3-6 05:44
Every battery of the Spark gets you about 12 minutes.
So with 10 batts you could get 2h airtime. (Just saying ;-)
I am happy with the Spark, but in case you seriously doing pictures, you may check other DJI drones.

Hello. Nice to meet you. My name dodik from indonesia. My phone samsung j5 2016. What about support to dji spark? Thank's.
2019-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules