Osmo Pocket warm and hot near top of body
1393 3 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Hi all! Just got my Osmo Pocket and it is warm on the body and hot where the gimbal connects to the body, while charging. It is slowly charging also, using a 5v/1A it got from 16% to 76% in 2 hours. I unplugged it, leave it to cool down, plugged it again and It reached 90% and left it for an hour and when I checked it was 86%. I am currently using a 5v/1.8A charger from LG to see if I can reach 100 percent. Oddly enough, it doesn’t get as hot with this charger.I saw somewhere that DJI reduces the charge when it detects heat. Did you experience this behavior? Is it normal?
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation,  May we know if you charged this Osmo Pocket into the wall outlet?  It's recommended to use a charger brick that has a capacity of 5V and 2 Amp for better charging the unit. May we know where did you purchase your unit? Please let us know for further assistance.
2019-3-6
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

Hi, I have bought it from f64, an on-line store in Romania. It seems this is a new batch with new packaging. It was charged on a wall outlet. I have achieved 100% with the lg charger. It did not get hot as with the other chargers. The 5v/1A chargers (I used two to make sure it’s not the chargers fault) were an apple one and a Huawei one, both seemed to make the Osmo hot and charge very slowly with it. Wit the lg in didn’t get hot and I achieved 100% charge. Do you think that I could have affected the battery in any way because I used the 5v/1A chargers? Should I return it?
2019-3-6
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

So I discharged the Osmo Pocket and tried to charge it using the lg charger. Unfortunately it behaves just like the other chargers. It gets hot and stops at 76%. Is this normal behavior if you don’t charge it with a 5v 2a charger?
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules