GoProffessional cases
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nixonactive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Good morning everyone,

I'm pretty much a brand new phantom three professional owner, and so far I am over the moon with it. Much better than expected in every way, which is a good thing.

One of my other interests is in photography, so I'm hoping I can't apply my skills and techniques to photos and videos taken with the Phantom.

My question now is which case do you guys recommend? I know there is literally dozens to choose from, but I'd like the look of the GoProfessional cases and can see that they are recommended by if you people on this forum.

However as I'm in the UK, does anyone know of a company that resells this brand?
and can see that they are recommended by if you people on this forum.

However as I'm in the UK, does anyone know of a company that resells this brand?

I intend to look after my phantom three just as well as my other equipment, so a quality case for transporting and protecting it is paramount. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

2015-6-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The DJI Phantom 3 Plus case from Goprofessional is a stonkingly nice case but I have had ther same issue as yuo being in the UK and no distributors. When I say its a nice case, its only so if you can get free delivery so buying it from the US is not an attractive offer ( unless you have ulimited money ).

I have seen many on Ebay and anso this unbranded case with Pick and Pluck foam - http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded ... 30x310mm/dp/SG33495

In the end I decided to just go for the Official Hardshell Backpack from DJI. I would have liked to get the GoProfessional but just could not get it without crazy delivery costs. The DJI backpack is atleast 100% official so you now it will be a good fit, seems to hold enough to get you going ( three batteries ) and it also fits fine on overhead compartments on an aeroplane to travel is not an issue.
large_p1.jpg

Another official guaranteed to fit option is the Backpack from DJI ( not the hardshell ). Again, its a lovely backpack but IMO its a tad over priced. This is just a rebranded Manfrotto MB PL-3N1-35 that you can get a bit over £100 cheaper than the DJI version.

For my Phantom 2 I have a Fancier KingKong 40. It fits fine and I can also put the Phantom 3 in it. Its not perfect and requires abit of fitting for the little velcro pads but it works. I got mine form Ebay.

There is the Koozam one but IMO costs too much for the quality. Although works OK - I would get the Official DJI one before this as its almost the same price.

You also have the Think Tank Photo Airport Helipak Backpack. Peoiple seem to like this one..

There is a few more but they all really do the same thing pretty much.. Just varying quality.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-6
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.2

Lithuania

I would like to buy GoProffesional ar Microraptor case for P3 also. But I was not able to find any reseller in Europe. And shipping price from US is insane...
2015-6-6
Use props
ianbradbury34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218435 ft
Malta

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-6 17:51
The DJI Phantom 3 Plus case from Goprofessional is a stonkingly nice case but I have had ther same i ...

I just took delivery of the Fancier KingKong 40 backpack.  I'm trying to figure out how best to set it up.  Do you mind posting a pic of how you have the inside set up, so I can get some guidance?
2015-6-6
Use props
isaache
lvl.3
Spain

Sploodge: "(...) rebranded Manfrotto MB PL-3N1-35 that you can get a bit over £100 cheaper than the DJI version."

Thanks a lot for that tip!

Now, assuming money is not a factor what would you go with, the DJI hardshell or the Manfrotto

Isaac
2015-6-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

isaache Posted at 2015-6-6 19:04
Sploodge: "(...) rebranded Manfrotto MB PL-3N1-35 that you can get a bit over £100 cheaper than the ...

The Hardshell Its just tidier IMO
2015-6-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ianbradbury34@h Posted at 2015-6-6 18:52
I just took delivery of the Fancier KingKong 40 backpack.  I'm trying to figure out how best to se ...

I will shortly.. Its not pretty but functional
2015-6-6
Use props
nixonactive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-6 19:33
I will shortly.. Its not pretty but functional

Many thanks for that Splodge, much appreciated.

As you're also in the UK, did you order from the DJI website or somewhere else for the hard shell?

Nick
2015-6-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nixonactive Posted at 2015-6-6 19:39

As you're also in the UK, did you order from the ...

I ordered from DJI.. Need to add postage but still good value.. Nowhere selling it currently other than them in the UK.. These did have the non  DJI branded one but not now - http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji ... -part-50-1837-p.asp - Thye might get it in soon again ..
2015-6-6
Use props
nixonactive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-6 19:52
I ordered from DJI.. Need to add postage but still good value.. Nowhere selling it currently other  ...

Cool.. I'll have a look. Did they dispatch from the UK or stateside then?

Just impatient when it comes to delivery times!

Cheers,

Nick
2015-6-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nixonactive Posted at 2015-6-6 20:10
Cool.. I'll have a look. Did they dispatch from the UK or stateside then?

Just impatient when it  ...

They ship everything from China for some reason.. Once shipped it only takes a couple of days though..
2015-6-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is the Fancier KingKong 40.. I have the P2 in it foe this photo as the P3 is in the boot (trunk) of thr wife's car
http://i.imgur.com/AFe72uY.jpg

http://imgur.com/4ak9gMb

2015-6-6
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I know your in the UK and shipping sucks from the US but the Microraptor Pro Backpack is the best I've seen, lots of space and pockets for everything you want to take along. Had one for my P2+ and just got my 2nd for my new P3P. I prefer the backpack as I ride a motorcycle and wanted to be able to transport and hardcore would not work. This bag is very well made and looks to be a pro camera bag with a custom foam insert to fit the P3 perfectly.
www.microraptercases.com
2015-6-6
Use props
ianbradbury34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218435 ft
Malta

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-6 20:29
Here is the Fancier KingKong 40.. I have the P2 in it foe this photo as the P3 is in the boot (trunk ...

Thanks!

That gives me a good idea how to set up.
2015-6-6
Use props
samrob52
lvl.2

United Kingdom

nixonactive Posted at 2015-6-6 19:39

As you're also in the UK, did you order from the ...

I'm in the UK and have just ordered this pack from eBay.

Shipping is a couple of weeks but it is free and the product is identical to the DJI hardshell. Its from the same factory.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271890072020
2015-6-6
Use props
col.lloyd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

Also based in the UK and I've been waiting and waiting for the go professional to be released. In the end we ordered these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002Q ... 21_51767431_TE_dp_1

Bought some closed cell foam and made our own. It's a little bit of work but it fits great! Phantom 3, 2 batteries, controller, iPad, props. Plus pockets on the front for documents etc.
2015-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules