Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why is buying used drones bad?
7106 19 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

Why is buying used drones bad?
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

electronics?
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

motor?
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

please answer
2019-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s hard to get a word in edge ways you seemto be answering yourself. ;+)

Your fine buying secondhand drones almost everything can be checked just by checking logs, if there not available then walk away.
Dji refurbs are an excellent purchase youget full warranty you can purchase care refresh it’s a very safe bet .
2019-3-6
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

You can pick a good deal up for drones that are sold on as lightly used or due to an upgrade. Ask for a demo if possible, check the log and the aircraft for crash damage.
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

Celsus Posted at 3-6 14:34
You can pick a good deal up for drones that are sold on as lightly used or due to an upgrade. Ask for a demo if possible, check the log and the aircraft for crash damage.

Ya.,... thanks!
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Actually, if you purchase used drones, you have to consider the warranty of this unit including the performance of the drone, if it's still working fine and also if it has been repaired by different service centers. You may ask for the proof of purchase because you may need it in any case that you'll need to claim for the warranty service if the drone needs to be repaired in the future. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-6
Use props
sea1111
lvl.3
United States

Every DJI drone I ever bought was used. Maybe I am just lucky but I never had a problem with any of them. (Phantom 3 Pro, Mavic Pro and my Mavic 2 Zoom)
2019-3-6
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bought a second one and it was just fine. Depends who's own and operate it. You need to carefully inspect and test fly it before the deal is made.
2019-3-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've sold 8 DJI drones that I have owned on Ebay and have received 8 positive feedback reviews from my buyers as the drones were in A1 condition and working order. So to say 'buying used drones is bad' is a sweeping and totally inaccurate statement. There are bad ones out there but note that I have also received brand new DOA's too!
2019-3-6
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Honestly, I don,t think buying second-hand drones is such a bad idea. I for one, are thinking of maybe selling my Mavic Air, and I know it is in mint condition, with lots of extras, and would be well worth the purchase. Sure that some people could be dis honest, but people buy refurb and brand new drones from DJI, with problems from day one.
2019-3-7
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

you just might see more used drones on the market since drone laws have changed so much more than when I purchased mine.
2019-3-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 3-6 23:02
I've sold 8 DJI drones that I have owned on Ebay and have received 8 positive feedback reviews from my buyers as the drones were in A1 condition and working order. So to say 'buying used drones is bad' is a sweeping and totally inaccurate statement. There are bad ones out there but note that I have also received brand new DOA's too!

but note that I have also received brand new DOA's too!

Excellent point.  Worse than DOA's are brand new products directly from DJI that don't initially show a problem or have a problem that intermittently shows up under certain cirumstances.

2019-3-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-7 04:45
you just might see more used drones on the market since drone laws have changed so much more than when I purchased mine.

Along with barely used drones showing up because (frustrated) Pilots have run into new NFZs where they used to be able to fly or simply power up inside for testing.
2019-3-7
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-7 05:24
Along with barely used drones showing up because (frustrated) Pilots have run into new NFZs where they used to be able to fly or simply power up inside for testing.

exactly Hedge Trimmer, making it more difficult for us responsible operators to fly our drones.
2019-3-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-7 05:21
but note that I have also received brand new DOA's too!

Excellent point.  Worse than DOA's are brand new products directly from DJI that don't initially show a problem or have a problem that intermittently shows up under certain cirumstances.

That is the worse situ as potentially the most dangerous mate.
2019-3-7
Use props
Djimavedick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does it do anything with previous owner's registration? Like blocking the usage or something after you get it?
2023-3-27
Use props
Djimavedick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2019-3-6 23:02

Sorry for the delayed question. Can you still access those drones you sold? If so, what actions are possible? I just bought a used drone and wondering what steps to take further..
2023-3-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What drone did you buy?
With some of the current fly-app using DJI drones you need to check whether or not any "binding" of the drone to the original owner's account has been undone and similarily a binding between a specific controller and the drone.
These bindings differ are associated with ''Fly away insurance'' and possibly ''care refresh''  insurance they can render the equipment inoperable, as in they can ground the drone and prevent the controller being used with a different drone.

They can be UNDONE using the FLY App if the App is logged into the account which set up the inding in the first place.

NOTE "binding" differs from the linking/paiing between the controller and the drone for control purposes, NOT all current drones offer the binding and of those that can be bound and some are not bound but the previous owner can not control the drone.... if that is what you are worried about.

If you are not seeing warnings then it is probable that there are none but before you start 'fiddling' confirm what drone you bought and what controller it came with.

If the drone is not bound then all you need to do is go through the various menus and verify that the settings are to your liking and match your needs.

2023-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules