Features to come in FW updates?
1155 5 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wco81
lvl.2

United States

Was looking for more recent reviews of the M2P or maybe something along the vein of "after 6 months."

This is a bullish review but one segment is intriguing for owners and those considering buying:

The Mavic 2 Pro Is Still a Work in Progress

Curiously, the Mavic 2 Pro is missing some of the important video features found on the older Mavic Pro. For example, it currently doesn’t offer D-Cinelike recording, which is a favorite for many who didn’t want to go to the work of shooting in a Log colorspace and post-processing. Shortly after the release of the Mavic 2 Pro, DJI did make a LUT for its DLog-M mode freely available, so as long as you have a program like Premiere Pro, Power Director, DaVinci Resolve, or Final Cut, you can shoot in 10-bit with DLog-M and post-process for a more sophisticated look than the default. Similarly, you can shoot in 10-bit HLG if you have a display device that supports it. The default color mode does a basic correction for you and then records your video in 8-bits ready for viewing. Personally, I can’t wait until Adobe enables third-party LUTs in Premiere Rush, as its lightweight UI is ideal for most of the drone videos I work with.

Some of the photo, video, and flight modes from the Mavic Pro are still missing, and the promised Waypoint functionality has also not been delivered yet. As of now, there are six intelligent flight modes supported: Hyperlapse, ActiveTrack, QuickShot, Point of Interest, TapFly, and Cinematic.

https://www.extremetech.com/electronics/280945-dji-mavic-2-pro-review

Has DJI publicly promised to add some of these other modes in firmware?

2019-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not to sure what FW your on but waypoints is already a function of M2P .
2019-3-6
Use props
wco81
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-6 14:09
Not to sure what FW your on but waypoints is already a function of M2P .

Actually I don't own yet.

The reviewer that I quoted is saying that.
2019-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

wco81 Posted at 3-6 14:17
Actually I don't own yet.

The reviewer that I quoted is saying that.

Ok I see that now, all I can tell you is M2P is a great drone and after 6 months and improvements in that time have truly made it better.
If your someone who wants everything then you will be disappointed, more add ones or features are not going to make a big difference.
2019-3-6
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

M2Z has D-Cinelike.
2019-3-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why don't you buy one and form an opinion for yourself rather than review the reviews of others who are probably anti DJI on the pay roll of a competitor lol The Mavic 2  Pro is the best consumer grade drone on the market today and I don't say that lightly...
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules