Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Celsus Posted at 3-7 22:37
The benefits of either are in the eye of the beholder. I opted for portability and an improved camera on the MP2 compared to my MP1 -Sold on to a grateful buyer, meeting their requirement.  I wasn't looking for a P4P neither was he as he wanted portability, decent flight capability and acceptable image quality for his needs..

I think if you look at this video, it’s by a film photographer not just a you tube blogger, but one who uses drones everyday in his work, a true professional, and he has flown many many drones.

2019-3-8
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even the MP is still worth it.
2019-3-8
Use props
MrTitan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IMO after approx half a year the M2P is definitely still worth buying for anyone who can afford it and wants a portable, reliable and relatively easy to use high-quality camera drone that allows for fantastic pictures and video capture when used correctly (and generally still impressive when used poorly).

It's not a Phantom 4 Pro competitor and shouldn't be considered as such.  It would have been nice to have digital zoom built in but, for me, realistically that's all I can really fault it for given its price.  It's a wonderful bit of kit.
2019-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-8 04:56
I think if you look at this video, it’s by a film photographer not just a you tube blogger, but one who uses drones everyday in his work, a true professional, and he has flown many many drones.

https://youtu.be/szFHefWWNDo

What an awesome video! When Philip Bloom (who has worked for DJI, Lucas Films, CNN and the BBC as a Director of Photography) states that the Mavic 2 Pro is his "favourite drone" and the "best drone he owns" you know you made the right decision.

To the OP - as stated previously - the Mavic 2 Pro IS the one to get.
2019-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 3-8 08:56
What an awesome video! When Philip Bloom (who has worked for DJI, Lucas Films, CNN and the BBC as a Director of Photography) states that the Mavic 2 Pro is his "favourite drone" and the "best drone he owns" you know you made the right decision.

To the OP - as stated previously - the Mavic 2 Pro IS the one to get.

I’m a big fan of his, I see he’s now using Osmo Pocket to great effect , he’s a talented guy.
2019-3-8
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

absolutely love the MP2, supreme machine!
2019-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-8 09:23
I’m a big fan of his, I see he’s now using Osmo Pocket to great effect , he’s a talented guy.

Me too - I forgot about this vid - great to see again. I totally agree with his comparisons. I've since discovered that the barrel distortion can be fixed in post in about 20 seconds and HLG is designed for instant playback on HLG ready TV's - which were the only two negatives he mentioned about the M2P.

Adding the fact that we now have waypoints 2.0 and precision landing, the M2P is nearly perfect. I owned the Zoom for 72 hours and sent it back to Apple for a full refund.

The camera is what these drones are all about and whilst there is a saving of £250 / $250 on getting the Zoom the loss in image quality was just not worth it for me.
2019-3-8
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United States

I think if you look at this video, it’s by a film photographer not just a you tube blogger, but one who uses drones everyday in his work, a true professional, and he has flown many many drones.

A very informative video, thanks for sharing.
2019-3-8
Use props
kykmavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Clear answer! May be the best drone by DJI so far!
2019-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kykmavic Posted at 3-9 11:06

I second that .
2019-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kykmavic Posted at 3-9 11:06

Taking everything into consideration - I agree 100%.
2019-3-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What’s your problem? Don’t like the Pro 2? Seems daft to get defensive over peoples choice of favouring the Pro 2. To then spew out rubbish is childish.

Each user has its own requisite of what they think will serve them best. It’s each to there own.
2019-3-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, I already own a mavic 2 Pro, no need to buy another....
2019-3-10
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 3-10 02:16
What’s your problem? Don’t like the Pro 2? Seems daft to get defensive over peoples choice of favouring the Pro 2. To then spew out rubbish is childish.

Each user has its own requisite of what they think will serve them best. It’s each to there own.
And that is why it’s important to tell them without bias  what is what. And that is latest doesn’t mean better quality.
2019-3-11
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3BEPb Posted at 3-11 04:15
And that is why it’s important to tell them without bias  what is what. And that is latest doesn’t mean better quality.

In my opinion the Mav Pro 2 is worth the investment. It’s an incredible drone!
2019-3-12
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

Yes for sure! I literally just got one and I think it is awesome!
2019-3-14
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356027 ft
  • >>>
United States

Want to see waypoints 2.0 when planning missions from a remote site or different state, we can add an address in or longitude and latitude  of the exact location.
2019-3-21
Use props
greenbaron
lvl.2
United States

I LOVE my Mavic 2 Pro !!!!!
2019-3-21
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most definitely!
2019-3-21
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

yes, but there's one p4p clip in it, which speaks for it self. m2p just doesn't have that resolution power etc, period. it's nice drone, no doubt about it (i'm new owner and also new drone user) but it was hard decision for me, at the end i did go more for portability (i knew watching all videos, difference is there, also in low light etc).
what i maybe dont' like so much is that bragging about 1inch sensor with fancy name on it, while results are much better (resolution, barrel distortion etc wise)on same size sensor/(camera assembly without fancy names.
2019-3-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

izotop Posted at 3-25 11:53
yes, but there's one p4p clip in it, which speaks for it self. m2p just doesn't have that resolution power etc, period. it's nice drone, no doubt about it (i'm new owner and also new drone user) but it was hard decision for me, at the end i did go more for portability (i knew watching all videos, difference is there, also in low light etc).
what i maybe dont' like so much is that bragging about 1inch sensor with fancy name on it, while results are much better (resolution, barrel distortion etc wise)on same size sensor/(camera assembly without fancy names.

There certainly is almost no difference in low light in fact as someone who owns both, I would say low light is slightly better with M2.

With regards to sensor , yes P4Pro uses slightly more of its sensor , which gives it a slight edge in certain circumstances, P4Pro was €300 more expensive than M2 two years ago, why is it we think we should get a superior camera and pay 20% less two years later , and it’s for this reason alone that these drone shouldn’t be compared.
2019-3-25
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-25 13:34
There certainly is almost no difference in low light in fact as someone who owns both, I would say low light is slightly better with M2.

With regards to sensor , yes P4Pro uses slightly more of its sensor , which gives it a slight edge in certain circumstances, P4Pro was €300 more expensive than M2 two years ago, why is it we think we should get a superior camera and pay 20% less two years later , and it’s for this reason alone that these drone shouldn’t be compared.

Well, seeing ali videos online etc, i would say in general (at least for me) m4p does produce berter video with more details etc, and night shots are kind of more balanced with again more details, this i guess it's because of electrical shutter, where prtobably wasnt any room left for mechanical assembly in such a small space (as i seen dissemble of m2p lens). Colours and dr maybe better on m2p (again, imo), but they pump too warm on normal settings everything.
it is nice drone, don't get mw wrong, and it's probably best compromise on the marker for hobby or advanced/pro users, but sure i wouldn't mind more details from that 1nch sensor, 60fps and mechanical shutter, that would be perfection. But then again, they have to sell phantom series, too, i guess.
2019-3-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

88% Yes vote - think that says it all.
2019-3-31
Use props
WHM
lvl.3

United States

Yes....it serves my purpose as a novice very well
2019-4-4
Use props
WHM
lvl.3

United States

Yes... as a novice it serves my purpose very well
2019-4-4
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

I laugh at those who paid full price for m2p.
2019-4-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And even more so after 9 months
2019-5-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

A J Posted at 5-22 02:54
And even more so after 9 months

I agree I have it since release.
2019-5-22
Use props
elberti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985561 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hi - prior answering would you please detail what do you mean under " and possible changes which may arrive through FW updates?"
2019-5-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DH_Pilot Posted at 5-22 05:21
I agree I have it since release.

Yeah, it's a brilliant drone
2019-5-23
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

A J Posted at 5-23 04:14
Yeah, it's a brilliant drone

After three weeks (came from MA), I love it. Less noise, better RC and AC. I am in learning curve, hopefully I can make some nice footage. It isn't a question: i worth it.
2019-5-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 5-29 22:34
After three weeks (came from MA), I love it. Less noise, better RC and AC. I am in learning curve, hopefully I can make some nice footage. It isn't a question: i worth it.

Good for you!
2019-5-29
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

3BEPb Posted at 4-4 08:50
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****
Whats that all about?

The M2P is currently the pinnacle at this price point. Others have tried... and failed, usually by trying to copy the design but without having the technical know-how or R&D for innovation.

Nothing equals it for specs as an overall package. They may do one or the other thing better but as whole unit what else is there that is better/more advanced?

As there is no successor yet, until then the M2P is imho the defacto choice.

After that it'll likely be the M3P.

Like it or not, as is, DJI pretty much has the market monopoly.

I am not a DJI fan boy nor am I overly brand loyal for other things but I do my research before committing.

Having said all that ... DJI please add Atti mode (oh and enable me to press the remote power button to turn off the annoyingly loud low battery alarm. Apparently it still works for some, as it did on mine,  but my remote lost the ability to kill the thing somewhere along the updates. Not cool on a product with a 'pro' moniker.)

2019-5-29
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

Thanks, you're right.
2019-5-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 5-30 07:14
Thanks, you're right.

Yeah, it is my favourite of the ten DJI drones I have owned to date
2019-5-30
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

A J Posted at 5-30 07:57
Yeah, it is my favourite of the ten DJI drones I have owned to date

I owned first Spark, then Mavic Air, now I have Mavic 2 Pro. No question this suits all of my demands. Like it. One thing is to replace my old dedicated Sasmsung Galaxy S5. After a while its resources don't fulfill M2P,s  needs. Pushing let's say photo button or camera up/down only after 30-40 secs time  reacts the drone. At the beginning O.K. the more video recording the more reaction time. Changing the phone this behavior is eliminated.

Anyway thanks for your reaction.
2019-5-31
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 5-31 22:45
I owned first Spark, then Mavic Air, now I have Mavic 2 Pro. No question this suits all of my demands. Like it. One thing is to replace my old dedicated Sasmsung Galaxy S5. After a while its resources don't fulfill M2P,s  needs. Pushing let's say photo button or camera up/down only after 30-40 secs time  reacts the drone. At the beginning O.K. the more video recording the more reaction time. Changing the phone this behavior is eliminated.

Anyway thanks for your reaction.

I upgraded to the iPhone XS - works perfectly with my M2P. There is also the Smart Controller if you prefer Android and don't want to upgrade your phone.
2019-6-1
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

A J Posted at 6-1 00:04
I upgraded to the iPhone XS - works perfectly with my M2P. There is also the Smart Controller if you prefer Android and don't want to upgrade your phone.

Thank you AJ, very kind of you. I would stick with Android. I have recently Samsung Galaxy S9+, but  I prefer to use dedicated unit. I have a Huwei 8" Mate 3 Lite, that works perfectly with ma M2P, but it's huge to carry and  honestla my wife like to surf with it, so ....... I know the suggested Smart Controller, haven't tried, but I have heard there are some problems with it as well. I think i will change for a more powerful dedicated Android device, probably from Samsung brand. Really thank you for your time.  All the best.
2019-6-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 6-1 03:24
Thank you AJ, very kind of you. I would stick with Android. I have recently Samsung Galaxy S9+, but  I prefer to use dedicated unit. I have a Huwei 8" Mate 3 Lite, that works perfectly with ma M2P, but it's huge to carry and  honestla my wife like to surf with it, so ....... I know the suggested Smart Controller, haven't tried, but I have heard there are some problems with it as well. I think i will change for a more powerful dedicated Android device, probably from Samsung brand. Really thank you for your time.  All the best.

My pleasure
2019-6-3
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I like the Mavic 2 Pro, but I would probably go for the the Mavic 2 Enterprise.
2019-7-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules