Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M2P Still Worth it after 6 months?
8811 92 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P4PV2.0 is great for mapping missions and doing C4K60 video.  For everything else, the M2P is better.  For having fun in the air w/o recording, the M2Z is better due to the zoom.  For indoor, the Spark is great due to it's size.

The colors are far better on the M2P and if you can get the P4PV2.0 to stay still the pictures are sharper.
2019-8-4
Use props
Solo1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383238 ft
United States

Maybe this is a little bit simple. But The way I see it the obvious advantage of the M2P is size and style. Its small portable and powerful and lets be honest here. It just plain looks cooler. For style and functionality at a good price point I'm all in for the Mavic.
2019-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was stolen and not insured and I replaced it with another,  no brainer, nothing is better at the moment with this level of portabilty.
2019-8-5
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question is, with some announcement coming on August 13th, will this be a new mavic? Currently I’m Sheryl happy with the I2 as its the best over the I1 raw, MP , p4pro (i have all of these). I’m loving the improved features on the M2P  but perhaps ill wait after this announcement to se whats coming
2019-8-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

marctronixx Posted at 8-8 06:21
Question is, with some announcement coming on August 13th, will this be a new mavic? Currently I’m Sheryl happy with the I2 as its the best over the I1 raw, MP , p4pro (i have all of these). I’m loving the improved features on the M2P  but perhaps ill wait after this announcement to se whats coming

Please don't say that I literally just replaced mine, didn't know another one was due any time soon.
2019-8-8
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't had my M2Z for more than a few days but judging from this point after owning it and getting to know it well, it will be worth it after six months as this is the premiere drone to fly and DJI will not come out with anything with this much professional complexity on a consumer drone until likely the next Mavic 3?? Notice how I don' t count an Inspire 3 here because the Inspire is not consumer grade, it is a professional drone that may be released within 6 months???..
2019-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-20 20:53
I haven't had my M2Z for more than a few days but judging from this point after owning it and getting to know it well, it will be worth it after six months as this is the premiere drone to fly and DJI will not come out with anything with this much professional complexity on a consumer drone until likely the next Mavic 3?? Notice how I don' t count an Inspire 3 here because the Inspire is not consumer grade, it is a professional drone that may be released within 6 months???..

Or the M2P.......
2019-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

There's a good comparison between the M2P and the Insipre 2 - M2P has the most bang for the buck though.

2019-11-13
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 13:52
P4 Advanced,a made up drone consisting of the old P4 body frame with a P4Pro Camera , basically a poor mans p4pro , has it got Ocusync 1 NO Ocusync 2 NO OA YES but only the same as an old P4 it Has two M2 x8 and the new technology is to much to mention.

The Advance is on dji site for $1100 why, because it’s old tech and dji are getting rid of it, for me it’s worth $750 Max. It’s a P4 on steroids or a poor mans P4Pro .

End of Story!  Well said!
2019-11-14
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-4 03:44
The P4PV2.0 is great for mapping missions and doing C4K60 video.  For everything else, the M2P is better.  For having fun in the air w/o recording, the M2Z is better due to the zoom.  For indoor, the Spark is great due to it's size.

The colors are far better on the M2P and if you can get the P4PV2.0 to stay still the pictures are sharper.
The M2P colours, straight out of the drone with no adjustments lack contrast, are too warm/yellow and soft.

They call it 'Hasselblad Color Science' or something like that. Basically it mimics that 'cinematic' look.

It is possible to adjust a better balance with in camera settings but not entirely. For that you really have to dive into PP.

A Phantom has better native settings and even after PP, the results look cleaner. Even the Zoom has better output straight out the drone with nice contrast and colour.

Where the M2P scores is low light video/photography and its 20mp native photo resolution which has come in handy many times.

The M2P is more of a Pro tool and offers better Pro usability but requires more user input and effort to get acceptable results.

It has been said many times here, if you are a discerning photographer or videographer and need a drone for many different scenarios but dont have the money for an Inspire, the M2P is a good choice if space is limited. A Zoom ...
2019-11-15
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

... is simply no good for anything but good light conditions and the 12mp camera lacks resolution in photo mode. I may add that even the larger sensor of the M2P is still 'compromised' for pro use in low light. For that one really needs a large sensor drone.

A Phantom, picked up at a good price, is also a good option. The Output is better than the Pro but its older technology. This may or may not matter to you depending on usage.

The Zoom is a great all rounder for anyone not requiring the Pro Features and possibly the better and cheaper option for many.

In conclusion ... the 2Pro is absolutely worth it but only if you make use of its features.

All imho.
2019-11-15
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2019-11-15
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 11-15 00:14
... is simply no good for anything but good light conditions and the 12mp camera lacks resolution in photo mode. I may add that even the larger sensor of the M2P is still 'compromised' for pro use in low light. For that one really needs a large sensor drone.

A Phantom, picked up at a good price, is also a good option. The Output is better than the Pro but its older technology. This may or may not matter to you depending on usage.

Day - M2P and P4PV2.0 can nearly be identical

Night
M2P - Photos 100% wins due to colors and stability
P4PV2.0 - C4K60 100% wins for fireworks

I've tested like crazy in the summer.
2019-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules