New drone thoughts
805 8 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Riordan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106545 ft
United States

Hi all, this is my first drone and after a lot of research I landed on the Mavic 2 Pro. I purchased it just under 3 months ago, dropped it in my fly-more-bag from waist high at about 2 months in, and one of the batteries dented the front sensor housing. Lesson learned, bought a nice hard case. Everything seemed to work just fine but the dent drove me nuts so I opened a Support Ticked and mailed it in. Got a response from a tech the same day it arrived that it wouldn’t be covered under warranty, which I already figured, and I authorized the $11 part plus the minimum service charge and Drone came back within 5 days. Nice experience and got to start from scratch as for whatever reason they sent me a new Drone with a new Serial number. Definitely top notch Service. One of my Controller Antenna now won't seem to stay in a fixed position so off the Controller went today and I expect this will be covered under warranty. I looked at the antenna mods and searched for a DIY fix and opted to let the manufaturer deal with it and be without again. I've graduated to using my iPad with a MavMount and what a difference. The last flight I recorded before the Controller got mailed in today, turned out to be the longest in distance I've ever taken and I was more comfortable during this flight than ever before as a newbie. The iPad, for me, gives me a much better visual experience and higher comfort level in that I can see everything better at a glance. More data at a glance provides me more confidence with my increasing far-sightedness from staring at monitors and smartphones so much. Glare is an issue so I'll look into a cover but they seem very bulky in addition the the iPad. Goggles aren't for me. I'm a 55-year-old real estate broker in the new home business so the next steps are to get my FAA License, get GL Insurance in place for logical liability coverage for these intended uses, and utilize this incredible tool for the Company (and having lots of fun doing it). I also love photography and the video component is exciting from a personal/family standpoint. I don't believe I'll travel without it going forward. Beyond the obvious marketing opportunities, my bright idea is we'll save a TON of money not having to call up the local videographers for shoots and I've realized the value in inspecting our builds as they progress and intend on assisting with early projects during due diligence gaining a whole new perspective on location and actual site costs for access and individual pad prep. Love this new adventure in Droning and happy to post my first thread. Other observations, I'm at 7500ft altitude so the batteries give me about 20 minutes or so. I bought the propeller guards only as a precuation flying indoors and noticed they do effect preformance a bit, not convinced yet I actually need them with all the sensors but in Sport mode may come in handy. Looks cool with them on. I did get the landing feet extenders for the soft pine needle landings and possible snow plops but suppose I should stick with the landing pad, ideally. Stills and Videos with the Pro are great quality and in retrospect very happy I selected the Pro over the Zoom, for me. Next trips are the Grand Canyon and my mind is buzzing about what shots I can take there, as well as Meteor Crater which should prove interesting. I did buy the DJI Care Refresh just in case thinking, as a novice, it may come in handy. I am 100% satified with this Drone and DJI Service thus far, the possibilities seem endless.

2019-3-6
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

I have no problem with DJI flymore bag, I will take care with it.
2019-3-6
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you for sharing some positive feedback. Your satisfaction really means to us. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Cheers!
2019-3-7
Use props
Maya Green
New

Germany

As everybody knows, the best marketing opportunities are placed on the internet now so that's why many bloggers use instagran as a platform for promotion. But they also tend to use different services like  /zen-promotion.comboost up their account and attract more potential customers. I like using exactly this service as it's the most reliable now as I think
2019-3-22
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Great, welcome to the forum.
2019-3-22
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good choice to have gotten the MP2 and although you had a mishap, you got a replacement. These MP2 aren't for indoor in my opinion but if you have guards then suit yourself just be careful you're going to need a whole lot of Mansion-like space.

For some reason a lot of people call it 'FAA License"? It actually it's not a License, it's a Certification.
It's called Remote Pilot Certification.
2019-3-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum
2019-3-22
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

At least you got a new one! Also, be careful of Grand Canyon, as it is illegal to fly in the national park.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules