1552 12 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

[Tested with A7iii, Sony MCC control cable, and a range of Tamron & Sony lenses]
1. iOS App 1.61.6(115) doesn't recognize Firmware installed on RoninS (app eventually disconnects)

2. Half-press Record Button doesn't initiate Half-press-Shutter to Force Focus (this was working in earlier firmware versions)

3. [Create/Panorama] Movement function is still restricted by firmware so that a full 360 Sphere is not possible, even if there might not be a lens clearance issue.

4. [Create/Track] Movement at start/end of move is still not smooth enough to result in a professional looking movement. Please consider a 'ramp speed: Fast/Slow' option slider in the control.
Further, If control points are 'behind' the forward facing hemisphere, a 'shortcut movement' for any angle greater than 180degrees is initiated instead. [This is a bug].

5. [Lock Mode] Gimbal forward tilt greater than ~35 degrees does void Lock Mode. Also when gimbal is rotated 180degrees. Not so when gimbal is 90/270 degrees, it interestingly works almost OK, but will introduce a wild Jerk when dropping down from vertical operation to underslung mode.
Lock Mode needs to work in all ways keeping the camera facing in only one direction, always, no matter what. This is vital to acheive 'jib and slider-esque' movements.

6. Zoom Wheel is too touch sensitive: accidental touching resulting in unwanted zooming. Perhaps a 'deadband' for the controller wheel could eliminate this annoyance

7. Wrong Boot Sequence leads to Camera Recording. This is obvioulsy still a bug, that's not been fixed yet.

8. Wrong Boot Sequence leads to Gimbal not connecting to camera Zoom control.  This is obvioulsy still a bug, that's not been fixed yet.
9. [Sports Mode] Press/Hold 'M' button when gimbal is in LockMode on all axies should initiate SportsMode on All axies to allow for quick reframing

Please keep up the good work to improve the RoninS. Thanks team ;-)

2019-3-6
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, is a beta firmware?
2019-3-7
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

not sure, could be, doesn't say.. sorry!
2019-3-7
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Latest "official" firmware is 1.7.0.60... where you find it?
2019-3-7
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

ToscanaDrone Posted at 3-7 06:09
Latest "official" firmware is 1.7.0.60... where you find it?

this may well be a beta. cannot tell. this happened last time, and no one from DJI was getting back to me with any information or a fix how to avoid this very situation.
If you don't see this firmware in your 'DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin' app, disregard.

>> However, for DJI crew, the above information still stays relevant and accurate, please consider. <<
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi AVsupport, we appreciate your feedback, but the official firmware hasn't been released, we recommend to wait for it to be released and then update to have a try.
Movement function is still restricted
We never promised we will support a full 360 Sphere Ronin-S, if there is any update in the future, we will make it clear in the release notes.

[Lock Mode] Gimbal forward tilt greater than ~35 degrees does void Lock Mode.
We have made the limitation to avoid the gimbal affecting each other.

For the 7th and 8th feedback, any chance to share us a short video so that we can escalate to our engineers for attention?

We will keep improving our products via the firmware, thanks for your support.
2019-3-9
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-9 02:39
Hi AVsupport, we appreciate your feedback, but the official firmware hasn't been released, we recommend to wait for it to be released and then update to have a try.
We never promised we will support a full 360 Sphere Ronin-S, if there is any update in the future, we will make it clear in the release notes.

Hi Mindi,
I had emailed the Beta team to let us know when there's new Betas out. Or at least change the name of the firmware in the Assistant to add 'Beta' so that this becomes obvious. There's no notes so I can't tell, and I want to avoid this from happening. Please let them know, maybe my emails are in the spam folder.
This isn't about promises, I simply state that the movement parameters within the Create Modules are inconsistent, without any practical reason, and a movement limitation for 'Motionlapse' and 'Panorama' is totally unnecessary and limiting the gimbal's full capacity. There's a lot of people asking for this to be rectified, this is just as easy as removing a code limitation that was introduced some time without any good reason. 'Track' uses the full range +/-90degree horizontal, +/-180 vertical [even though there is the 'shortcut-bug'], and that's good. So should the others.  
[Lock Mode] Gimbal forward tilt greater than ~35 degrees does void Lock Mode.
"We have made the limitation to avoid the gimbal affecting each other."
I think you are trying to say this is done so that the motors and arms aren't touching each other which could lead to violent corrections. Understood.
However, the current implementation of this limitation isn't done very well considering that you can rotate the handle 90 degrees around its vertical axix and get >almost< the full lock effect I was after without violently hitting motors or arms [apart from the 'unterslung-to-upright-jerk-bug']   

7. Wrong Boot Sequence leads to Camera recording:
I don't think you need a video for this. It's as simple as:
A: Turn on camera (A7iii) which is connected with MCC cable.
B: Turn on RoninS.
Result: Camera starts automatically recording Video.
The interesting thing here is that this even happens when the Ronin is OFF, and you connect the MCC multi cable AFTER the camera has been turned on.

2019-3-9
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-9 02:39

a new video highliting the issues with Lock Mode has been posted in there:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D531%26typeid%3D531
2019-3-9
Use props
Yiannis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68720 ft
Greece

they just released firmware 1.8.0.70
2019-3-13
Use props
Mitz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137388 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Yiannis Posted at 3-13 04:14
they just released firmware 1.8.0.70

not official
ind the dji ronin assistant app
or ?

2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AVsupport Posted at 3-9 17:10
Hi Mindi,
I had emailed the Beta team to let us know when there's new Betas out. Or at least change the name of the firmware in the Assistant to add 'Beta' so that this becomes obvious. There's no notes so I can't tell, and I want to avoid this from happening. Please let them know, maybe my emails are in the spam folder.

Thanks for your clarification, your feedback will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, the official new firmware has been released, please update at your most convenience and let us know if you have any further concern or suggestion. Thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-14 00:57
Thanks for your clarification, your feedback will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, the official new firmware has been released, please update at your most convenience and let us know if you have any further concern or suggestion. Thank you.
Hi Mindy,
all the items on the OP are subject to the release firmware 1.8.0.70.
Thanks for forwarding to your engineers.
I have allowed myself to rename the topic to reflect this relevance
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AVsupport Posted at 3-15 15:23
Hi Mindy,
all the items on the OP are subject to the release firmware 1.8.0.70.
Thanks for forwarding to your engineers.

Thank you very much.
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules