Shaky Video Problem with New Phantom 4 Pro+
1106 15 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hello. I just purchased a new P4P+ and updated and calibrated everything (firmware, compass, control sticks, gimbal, etc.) on both the RC and the aircraft to the latest versions.
I have conducted a couple of test flights and I am noticing several issues:

1 - the drone does not seem to fly straight and seems to wobble more than it should when hovering, even with little to no wind

2 - I always get a warning that my phone wifi (regardless if it is on or not) is interfering with the RC/AC connection. This happens no matter where I turn the drone on (indoors, outdoors, open field, etc.)

3 - most importantly, the video captured has a lot of lateral shake, even if there is little or no wind.

I do not have any gimbal noises or noticeable vibration when the aircraft is on the ground, as others have reported. Everything updates or calibrates to 100%. I bought the P4P+ to be a more stable video platform than my Mavic Air or Mavic Pro in the event I get some wind, but as it stands right now, I get better video from the Mavic Air.

What else is there for me to do before I return it to the store?

Sample of video shake
2019-3-7
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Video ShakeFor some reason the forum strips out the link to the video sample. Trying another way....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_HPsIk77eJdzQ56F3UFCCr2ZTbIWJIbJ/view?usp=sharing
2019-3-7
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Another sample.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uDGG_M7iutjZ_SZAB6qSu3oSZFA9CS60
2019-3-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Doesn't look that bad to me, but I'm not hard to please.
2019-3-7
Use props
Jim Redman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53688 ft
United States

I don't see any shake in your video.  But you can completely get rid of wifi interference, just turn off wifi in your controller.  You will never see wifi interference again.
2019-3-7
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried a different set of props ? one may be bent or out of balance ?
2019-3-7
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jim - The shake is noticeable when watching the video in 4K on full screen. I assume the videos I uploaded remained in the native resolution. For the wifi, I didn't even think about turning it off on the RC. I'm used to the Mavic Air and assumed it was necessary for it to be on. I will definitely try that out when I get home.

DeuceDog - I tried the stock props and swapped them out with the newer OEM "quieter" props with the same results.

2019-3-7
Use props
Jim Redman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53688 ft
United States

No shake visible in the link.  Maybe you don't have the processing power to watch 4K video on your computer.  When I did 4K , it was herky jerky trying to watch it.  Took forever to render in FCPX .  I had the same thing with wifi when I first got my Pro +, turned off wifi on the controller and never saw it again and fly's perfectly, not issue.
2019-3-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Chazerix Posted at 3-7 10:00
Jim - The shake is noticeable when watching the video in 4K on full screen. I assume the videos I uploaded remained in the native resolution. For the wifi, I didn't even think about turning it off on the RC. I'm used to the Mavic Air and assumed it was necessary for it to be on. I will definitely try that out when I get home.

DeuceDog - I tried the stock props and swapped them out with the newer OEM "quieter" props with the same results.

The shake, or jello, is visible on the clip in the link, you are quite correct. It is caused by the camera vibrating, so you need to try and identify what is causing the vibration. Most obvious are the props, they are cheap, so try a new pair. You wont' fix it with firmware updates or such, it is a physical problem.
2019-3-7
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I just got home and thanks for the suggestions. I swapped out the props for the third time and here is a video I shot indoors without the rotors spinning.

Indoor Sample of Shake

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17A2eU2lst8PHPFTW1dPxivWQGzhfqDX_/view?usp=sharing
2019-3-7
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Oddly, after shooting the above video, I shot another clip outside with the camera pointing straight down and there was almost no shake, if any.

If it is a physical problem, I think I should get my money back....
2019-3-7
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Oh, and thanks Jim for the tip about the wifi. I didn't get that wifi interference warning again.
2019-3-7
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jim Redman Posted at 3-7 17:40
No shake visible in the link.  Maybe you don't have the processing power to watch 4K video on your computer.  When I did 4K , it was herky jerky trying to watch it.  Took forever to render in FCPX .  I had the same thing with wifi when I first got my Pro +, turned off wifi on the controller and never saw it again and fly's perfectly, not issue.

I'm using my gaming computer with an i7-8700K processor and an 8 GB GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card on a UHD monitor, so I don't think it's my processing power. Besides, the 4K videos from the Mavic Air and Pro are stellar. It must be something else.
2019-3-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Chazerix Posted at 3-7 19:40
I'm using my gaming computer with an i7-8700K processor and an 8 GB GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card on a UHD monitor, so I don't think it's my processing power. Besides, the 4K videos from the Mavic Air and Pro are stellar. It must be something else.

See my post #9. The cause is vibration of the camera, it has nothing to do with your computer. If the aircraft is still within the warranty period, then return it for repair.
2019-3-7
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-7 20:21
See my post #9. The cause is vibration of the camera, it has nothing to do with your computer. If the aircraft is still within the warranty period, then return it for repair.

Sorry, I was just addressing Jim's comment about the computer.

The AC is only a week and a half old. Not sure if I want to go through the hassle of warranty work so soon.  Maybe that's why it was on sale...lol Thank you for your help.
2019-3-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Chazerix Posted at 3-7 20:39
Sorry, I was just addressing Jim's comment about the computer.

The AC is only a week and a half old. Not sure if I want to go through the hassle of warranty work so soon.  Maybe that's why it was on sale...lol Thank you for your help.

If it is only that old, then the seller should exchange it, no questions asked. Of course that depends upon where you are. But any decent retailer should have provision to replace a faulty new product.
2019-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules