Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Price for DJI Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter $38 (???)
123Next >
8297 93 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManchesterOP
Second Officer
United States

https://www.multicopterwarehouse ... -ekJVsqnKwCm5kNgXt4

The price of $38 is from the above link, if true, thats some markup DJI. can you please justify?
2019-3-7
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

€ 39  .... hehe, waiting for (working) second source adapter for € 3.99

2019-3-7
Use props
KerryG
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully it isn't chipped somehow and only the DJI adapter will work. I am hoping that it requires a firmware update and then third-party adapters will work properly Even Apple only charged $9.00 for their USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, and that's on the high side on Amazon compared to cheap ones.
2019-3-7
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

If there is NO firmware update for audio adapter, there is only one conclusion:
E=mc³ .... [joke] ... DJI uses non-standard connections for the few wires.
Then second sources are faster than light & DJI !

2019-3-7
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

It's a dollar cheaper than what DJI was selling it for this morning.  Apparently they sold out at DJI.com.  Some people were able to order it.  This is the most anticipated item everyone is waiting for and unfortunately if we want this overpriced adapter we are stuck with the price no matter what plus shipping.  I fear DJI won't be able to meet the demand and the price will even go higher through resellers.     
2019-3-7
Use props
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still holding out hope that some 3rd party vendor will decode it and produce an L shape one with USB-C pass through so you can use and charge at the same time.
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Based on our store, this 3.5mm adapter would cost $39 in the United States, however, due to the high demand of this accessory, it's not yet available on our store. I would recommend leaving your email into "IN STOCK REMINDER" for you to be notified once it's become available on our store. Please see the screenshot below for reference. Thank you for continued support.

2019-3-7
Use props
mj's
Thailand

DJI wins the award for greediest company ever!  I'm officially done with them☹️
2019-3-7
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI Tony Posted at 3-7 10:24
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Based on our store, this 3.5mm adapter would cost $39 in the United States, however, due to the high demand of this accessory, it's not yet available on our store. I would recommend leaving your email into "IN STOCK REMINDER" for you to be notified once it's become available on our store. Please see the screenshot below for reference. Thank you for continued support.

[view_image]

Is there a logic behind the fact that your website does not allow your valuable customers to place an order even when the item is out of stock?  Most retailers allow the customer to place orders on backordered items and are shipped out  first come first serve basis.  Secondly, email notifications are not always reliable and when I get notified the item is usually already sold out.  There's gotta be better way imo.  The only thing you will have is a lot of frustrated customers trying to score one of these.  Please make enough of these plastic and metal overpriced thingies.  It shouldn't be a difficult thing to make.  Also, do the same with the phone adapters. I can't get hold of a genuine lightning adapter.  Thank you.
2019-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I expect many will now find the sound much more acceptable and opt not to buy this little guy.

I’m certain market will be flooded with third party options .
2019-3-7
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-7 10:24
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Based on our store, this 3.5mm adapter would cost $39 in the United States, however, due to the high demand of this accessory, it's not yet available on our store. I would recommend leaving your email into "IN STOCK REMINDER" for you to be notified once it's become available on our store. Please see the screenshot below for reference. Thank you for continued support.

[view_image]

Hey Tony...  You've been good about passing along our suggestions to the developers and engineers.... How about passing THIS along to the marketing staff.... At $39.00 US there's no way I'll order the adapter.  And I'm sure that many others will feel the same... Perhaps $19.00 would sell twice as many.  
Sign me, "disappointed."
2019-3-7
Use props
berlinwall
lvl.1
Germany

mj's Posted at 3-7 10:57

Enough is enough.

After receiving the news that the replacement of that super cheap and really weak glass cover costs €173.80 this is the next piece of information showing DJI are as greedy as it gets.

I am close to give it up and just admit to myself I wasted some money (included three different filter sets which all scratched the OP because the glass cover is of such poor quality.) It seems the better option than spending more and more money in this systematic rip-off.
2019-3-7
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

Looking at the Swedish prices for the expansion kit and the individual accessories in that kit, it’s pretty obvious that their pricing isn’t ankered to anything rational. That adapter will be €40-50+ in EU. What the hell is wrong with you DJI? Anyway I’m also done with this
2019-3-7
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

JOKE OF THE YEAR !

2019-3-7
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

I think Apple might be a contender!
2019-3-7
Use props
fansfe8391f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24948 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is available on the store now.
2019-3-7
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

i Got one. Thanks for the tip! Based on the last order to DJI, I’ll see this next week.
2019-3-7
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

KerryG Posted at 3-7 08:51
Hopefully it isn't chipped somehow and only the DJI adapter will work. I am hoping that it requires a firmware update and then third-party adapters will work properly Even Apple only charged $9.00 for their USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, and that's on the high side on Amazon compared to cheap ones.

Hi.

I doubt very much that the adaptor is a simple passive one. I've already tested the socket with a standard USB/3.5mm adaptor and while there is indeed an electret/plugin power voltage on what would typically be the mono mic channel, the Pocket wouldn't work with a connected ECM.

This would suggest that there may well be control circuitry within the adaptor. Given that the wiring of the Pocket's bottom USB socket could be partially a bespoke wiring, this would seem to make sense.

I could be wrong on this but I doubt we'll be seeing any cheap 3rd party adaptors anytime soon, if at all.

If you take the GoPro USB audio adaptor as an example for the 3 and the 4, these where simple semi/passive arrangements that could be easily copied. But when GP went to the 5,6 and 7 they completely changed to a bespoke system with some form of controller and to the best of my knowledge, there's never been a 3rd party version of that interface.

The simpler versions of these types of adaptors, say for phones and actioncams, just rely on an impedance/resistive change in the circuit to activate it and I very much doubt this is the case with the Pocket's interface.

That said, I'd like to be proven wrong on my assumptions as it's gonna get very expensive to have backups of the interface, which due to its size is probably going to be something that's easy to lose if your distracted when out and about shooting.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-7
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I got one too.  $54 dollars.  
2019-3-7
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 3-7 19:17
Hi.

I doubt very much that the adaptor is a simple passive one. I've already tested the socket with a standard USB/3.5mm adaptor and while there is indeed an electret/plugin power voltage on what would typically be the mono mic channel, the Pocket wouldn't work with a connected ECM.

This is why I didn’t mind spending the money for one.  However, I still believe it’s way overpriced.  This was the last accessory I was waiting for.  If other third party adapters end up working, I will grab a few but for now that seems highly unlikely.  
2019-3-7
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 3-7 19:24
This is why I didn’t mind spending the money for one.  However, I still believe it’s way overpriced.  This was the last accessory I was waiting for.  If other third party adapters end up working, I will grab a few but for now that seems highly unlikely.

Hi.

I've just gone to buy one but at the checkout it was adding over £13 for postage, which I'm assuming is a mistake. This brings the total cost to just over £48, which works out to be over $63 USD, this must be a mistake?

Anyway, I didn't order one as I'm sure the postage must be an error, especially for such a small light weight item.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-7
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 3-7 19:24
This is why I didn’t mind spending the money for one.  However, I still believe it’s way overpriced.  This was the last accessory I was waiting for.  If other third party adapters end up working, I will grab a few but for now that seems highly unlikely.

Hi.

I've just gone to buy one but at the checkout it was adding over £13 for postage, which I'm assuming is a mistake. This brings the total cost to just over £48, which works out to be over $63 USD, this must be a mistake?

Anyway, I didn't order one as I'm sure the postage must be an error, especially for such a small light weight item.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-7
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

David_Harry Posted at 3-7 19:17
Hi.

I doubt very much that the adaptor is a simple passive one. I've already tested the socket with a standard USB/3.5mm adaptor and while there is indeed an electret/plugin power voltage on what would typically be the mono mic channel, the Pocket wouldn't work with a connected ECM.

That is pity they intentionally poke USB-C to accept only their own accessary.

They should have include 1/4 mount hole and mic jack into the OP itself. Adding accessary is not the same experience as what it could have been.
2019-3-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

I've ordered one.
If for nothing else but to record in stereo. As it stands with the inbuilt mic, you get mono with the underside mic being used to cancel handling and wind noise. I'm hoping that the adapter will rectify this but will mean using a mic with an isolation mount and wind muff. I'll probably make a mount for it as well so the mic can be underslung beneath the Pocket and held with my X-axis because as it stands the adapter looks vulnerable to breakage if not used with care and I'd like a complete unit to hold with one hand.
2019-3-7
Use props
StardustGeass
Second Officer
Indonesia

This is infuriating.
Now I feel like I make a wrong decision buying OP, since the "extension" package is overwhelmingly expensive.

After the 150$ for wifi module and the scrolling adapter, now 40$ for the USB-C adaptor?
At least, GoPro made its adapter compatible with charging as well, besides having replaceable batteries.
I can understand the need of a factory to gain as much profit as possible, but this really angers me.

Come on, DJI.
2019-3-8
Use props
Benjamin92
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164416 ft
France

Hi,
Be happy because in Europe, the price is 39 euros! So worst than 39$...
DJI please don't be Apple !!
Definitively not for me this adapter...I give up accessories.

;)
2019-3-8
Use props
j.r.r.
Second Officer
Canada

I placed the order for one. The price is a bit on the higher side but still cheaper than GoPro 3.5mm Mic Adapter for Hero 7 Black, US $49.99. In addition, GoPro adapter is like a brick in comparison to DJI one:
DJI Size: 38.2 × 12.4 × 9.8 mm
GoPro: 52.0 x 28.0 x 13.0 mm
2019-3-8
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

For those of you still between the fence about ordering the mic adapter, I say bite the bullet, deal with it and order one while is still in stock.  I honestly think the price is ridiculous and I was convince at first not to spend an extra penny on accessories.  However, I have come this far already investing on mounts and accessories that at the end of the day audio is as important as video.  I got tired of syncing external audio.  Again, I share your pain and in no way I'm trying to justify DJI's reason to overprice this item. However, if you already own other accessories this adapter is no brainer to have.  Order one and do what I did, after drinking a few beers I healed my wounds.  From a business perspective, I don't think DJI will allow third party adapters to function with the OP.  Get it while you still can and buy yourself a beer like I did.  
2019-3-8
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

its disgraceful selling it at that price but as people are desperate enough for it they are paying but its a complete rip off and DJI should be ashamed .
2019-3-8
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

NOBODY is forced to buy this simple thing! Wait for price under $ 3.14159 or buy an excellent
voice recorder (up to 1536kb/s wav & mp3) for $ 15 ... nearly same size.
2019-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Benjamin92 Posted at 3-8 02:59
Hi,
Be happy because in Europe, the price is 39 euros! So worst than 39$...
DJI please don't be Apple !!

You will need to add minimum €23 post and pack for Europe , so €62 now that looks price hungry .
2019-3-8
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

23€? Noooooooo!

Look there, I made a "test" order - but I am not so crazy to buy this overpriced adapter.
For price + shipping you can employ a symphonic orchestra to play your background music for OP videos.

2019-3-8
Use props
Gr8fulTed
lvl.3
United States

I bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered this. Because I am a DJI Select member, I had a 20%coupon which I used for the cost of the unit ($7.80 US). However, shipping charge was $15 US, so the net cost of acquiring it was $46.20 US.
2019-3-8
Use props
dewarner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

I was able to order one early this morning. Although the price seems high, it is not as bad when compared to what GoPro charges for their mic adapter - 49.99.
2019-3-8
Use props
Kruzer1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60410 ft
United States

I am not disagreeing with you on prices... but It's not like they're going to sell millions of these. Tooling and making it cost money.
I don't need it and possibly 80% of the OPC owner don't need it. They may sell a few hundreds?
Maybe?

Someone have to pay for this product and that's the price if you want one. Or, find someone else making it for less
2019-3-8
Use props
Kruzer1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60410 ft
United States

I don't agree, they have products worth a LOT more money what they're selling it
2019-3-8
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

So, did anyone get a shipping tracking number?

I got a thanks for my purchase, but nothing to say it shipped.
2019-3-8
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 3-8 18:38
So, did anyone get a shipping tracking number?

I got a thanks for my purchase, but nothing to say it shipped.

My order status:  Awaiting shipment.  No tracking yet
2019-3-8
Use props
nianeko3
Second Officer
Japan

DJI Japan says they will ship after 7-10 days.
2019-3-8
Use props
mj's
Thailand

Kruzer1 Posted at 3-8 17:28
I am not disagreeing with you on prices... but It's not like they're going to sell millions of these. Tooling and making it cost money.
I don't need it and possibly 80% of the OPC owner don't need it. They may sell a few hundreds?
Maybe?

Well, explain why they made the 3.5mm proprietary?  They could have made it so any usbc with dac worked with their product, but instead, they decided to gouge the customer with this overpriced junk.  

2019-3-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules