Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FLIR Duo
922 3 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3mz94cwTI4Tv
New

United States

The Duo appears to be a direct replacement for a GoPro which is what I'm using to fly my 3-DR Solo.  According to FLIR, the connections on the Duo exactly match the GoPro so it should fit into my gymbal perfectly.  The question FLIR was not able to answer is whether or not the Solo app would receive a live feed from the visual camera during flight.  Anyone know if you get live feed - kinda hard to fly without it.
Comments?

2019-3-7
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If your aircraft can handle either

a) Analog video input signals
or
b) HDMI 1080p signals

then you will have a live feed.

I have no info on how your airframe will handle the FLIR camera controls. (e.g. switching from visual to thermal, changing color palettes, start/stop video and so on)
If you have a PWM interface, then it's easy.
2019-3-7
Use props
djiuser_3mz94cwTI4Tv
New

United States

Keule Posted at 3-7 11:52
If your aircraft can handle either

a) Analog video input signals

Thanks for the information.  I'm assuming it'll take 1080p since I live feed from the GoPro that's mounted  in the gimbal now.  The plugs and feeds look the same as the GoPro and when I talked to FLIR they confirmed the Duo will exactly fit in a GoPro frame.  They just weren't sure about the live feed and told me to talk to the drone manufacturer (3DR) so I was hoping someone knew.

I fly the Solo using the Solo app for live feed and telemetry and the gimbal controls are on the controller so I think they would work even without a camera mounted.  According to FLIR you cannot control the picture taking in flight - you have to program it in advance (e.g. take a picture every 5 seconds) and that can't be changed during flight.

I was thinking that doing say roof inspections I'd use my Phantom for the visual part and finish off with the Solo for the thermal part.

Thinking out loud....
2019-3-7
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Your strategy is too complicated ...
Mount the FLIR DUO on the Phantom.
Depending on your budget, attach it at a fixed angle on your Phantom or get a gimbal which can be remote controlled by a 2nd RC and you can control the FLIR cam with the second remote.
2019-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules