Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro gimbal shaking issue!
12Next >
14834 44 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Russia

Hello all,

Just bought a few weeks ago a brand new Mavic 2 Pro instead my old Mavic Pro which I've successfully used for 2 years without any issues.
And now I faced with a sirious issue on my new Mavic 2 Pro.
When I fly sideways and using rotation simultaneously gimbal starts shakes like crazy.
First of all I thought it was due to moderate wind 5-8 m/s but then I flied in calm weather and got the same results.
Please see unedited footages from my new Mavic 2 Pro below which are showing the issue itself.
First three examples shot during moderate wind and last example in CALM weather!

P.s: Already tried to calibrate everthing twice....without any success (
No any errors during flight or startup.....don't know what to do.....

2019-3-7
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Return while/if you can.
Get your self Zoom or Phantom 4 Pro or advanced. Save money and headache
2019-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you want to try avoid sending back few things you can try.

Calibrate IMU calibrate gimbal , failing both of these you could try factory reset .

Or you could try what poster above suggest , change for a M2Z it’s $250 cheaper and has a camera the size of an iPhone ;+)

Or a P4 advanced which is an old P4 on steroids, hehe
2019-3-7
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 11:49
If you want to try avoid sending back few things you can try.

Calibrate IMU calibrate gimbal , failing both of these you could try factory reset .
Now you stalking me? I noticed ever since I told you to ef off with your cinematic advices you are up in arms! Did you swallow hurt donut?

Get a grip fanboy
2019-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3BEPb Posted at 3-7 11:56
Now you stalking me? Get a grip fanboy

Well it looks like you can say anything around here and when it’s proven wrong you found hiding in the long grass , you spent your time on another thread trolling me but you got it wrong, it’s obvious you don’t have the nads to admit your mistakes, so refer to snake in the grass calling names .
2019-3-7
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Why don’t you go create another poll to see how old we are here. What age group you are looking for perv?
2019-3-7
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Not very helpful to the OP guys ...

Back to the issue, I live at the windy south coast of the UK and have flown in very strong winds without experiencing the issue. Perhaps I've been just lucky re. wind direction but I've recently took some quick footage of 2 local castles during which I've rotated the drone so some sideways movement took place. -  Wind force was so strong that I abandoned the flight on both occasions after a few minutes.

It could be that something is wrong with your gimbal and I would suggest to raise the issue with a service centre.

In addition you could also fit a camera/gimbal hood. Apart from eliminating some stray light entering the optics during filming it will protect the camera assembly from side winds.

Here is a write-up I did recently;

https://forum.dji.com/thread-180611-1-1.html

2019-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

*DM* Posted at 3-7 14:14
Not very helpful to the OP guys ...

Back to the issue, I live at the windy south coast of the UK and have flown in very strong winds without experiencing the issue. Perhaps I've been just lucky re. wind direction but I've recently took some quick footage of 2 local castles during which I've rotated the drone so some sideways movement took place. -  Wind force was so strong that I abandoned the flight on both occasions after a few minutes.

This is not a wind issue, gimbal motors on the Mavic 2 are pretty strong, I live in the west of Ireland and have flown in strong winds , yes aircraft might move but never gimbal, you can see no movements of the craft that look like wind was to strong, it very much looks like an involuntary movement of the gimbal, this can sometimes be sorted by calibration of IMU and gimbal, I have already suggested this to OP.

My apologies for going off topic .
2019-3-7
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 14:33
This is not a wind issue, gimbal motors on the Mavic 2 are pretty strong, I live in the west of Ireland and have flown in strong winds , yes aircraft might move but never gimbal, you can see no movements of the craft that look like wind was to strong, it very much looks like an involuntary movement of the gimbal, this can sometimes be sorted by calibration of IMU and gimbal, I have already suggested this to OP.

My apologies for going off topic .

As op stated
"P.s: Already tried to calibrate everthing twice....without any success"

Again you and your "helpful advice"
2019-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3BEPb Posted at 3-7 15:13
As op stated
"P.s: Already tried to calibrate everthing twice....without any success"

He didn’t say what he calibrated, your advice buy a poor mans P4Pro or a drone with a camera the size of an iPhone .
Now it looks like your having a mental breakdown here might be time to do one, good bye .
Have to say it looks like your very popular around here .
2019-3-7
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

He said Everything, stupid!!! Can’t you read?
2019-3-7
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
Russia

Seems that I am not alone with this issue, there is another one example:

DJI, we are waiting for your feedback!
2019-3-8
Use props
fans7b05aee2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369974 ft
Russia

I have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Answer from dji no, silent!!!
2019-3-8
Use props
fans7b05aee2
lvl.2
Russia

https://yadi.sk/i/5pSYrJbleKoN5A
2019-3-8
Use props
fans7b05aee2
lvl.2
Russia

https://yadi.sk/i/46KcQcc1We--eQ
2019-3-8
Use props
fans7b05aee2
lvl.2
Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soqdx0B2Hnc
2019-3-8
Use props
fans7b05aee2
lvl.2
Russia

https://youtu.be/Hnx6m_4bfr0
2019-3-8
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
Russia

A short summary from fans7b05aee2 messages:

He has the same issue as me with his new Mavic 2 Pro:

Also gimbal has a strange behavior during the switched on engines. When you apply some forces on a camera and push it with a finger sometimes it doesn't  return to initial position. Looks like gimbal motors doesn't  work properly, here is an example:

2019-3-8
Use props
Roman939
lvl.2
Russia

DJI you have already had similar repairs, tell me what's wrong? You have many drones were sent with this problem!
2019-3-10
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

have a tiny shake with the gimbal as well here. no wind. noticed it today as i was editing.paning up the camera while moving forward gets me that jello effect..
2019-3-10
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

May or may not realated to your issue but did you attach any filter on the gibbal camera,  somefilters effecting the nautral balance of the gimbal.
Second try to turn on the camera before take off and see if camera rotates or moves smoothly (use your thumb on screen and try  )
2019-3-10
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Nicoricosancho Posted at 3-10 15:58
have a tiny shake with the gimbal as well here. no wind. noticed it today as i was editing.paning up the camera while moving forward gets me that jello effect..

Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Air?
2019-3-10
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
Russia

akozc Posted at 3-10 18:17
May or may not realated to your issue but did you attach any filter on the gibbal camera,  somefilters effecting the nautral balance of the gimbal.
Second try to turn on the camera before take off and see if camera rotates or moves smoothly (use your thumb on screen and try  )
I haven't bought any filters for my Mavic 2 pro yet )
Using finger and touch screen camera rotates smoothly in all directions...at least wnen mavic lays on the ground..
2019-3-10
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

jyc Posted at 3-10 18:39
Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Air?

Mavic 2 pro, my "certified mavic air " name doesnt make sense... I activated a mavic air with this phone and it just stuck there .
2019-3-11
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI do you plan to comment somehow this abnormal gimbal behavior?
2019-3-14
Use props
Roman939
lvl.2
Russia

Подскажите может кто нибудь знает как связаться по данной проблеме со службой поддержки DJI в Китае? Или это единый форум и здесь могут быть горе эксперты из DJI как из Европы так и из Китая? Просто это скорее всего проблема в мозгах mavica, потому что я выяснил что mavic должен выключать моторы подвеса при перегрузке например если пилот забыл снять защитную крышечку или mavic упал в траву и подвес лежит на земле и он это исправно делает с задержкой по времени при выключенных движках а в полете он вырубает их сразу стоит порыву ветра воздействовать на подвес. И тут явно что то необходимо изменить в мозгах mavic при следующей прошивке, что бы он реагировал на ветер с запозданием, а не сразу отрубал движки подвеса при любом порыве ветра.
2019-3-15
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The latest news for those who has the same problem.
CAN GIMBAL WIRE replacement haven't solved the issue....
Seems that there is a serious hardware issue presists in some Mavic 2 Pro from the first batch, therefore DJI keeps the silence in this thread.
2019-3-21
Use props
fanse32bfc76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2523097 ft
Switzerland

I am having this problem as well on my brandnew Mavic 2 Pro. When I fly sideways the gimbal starts to shake like crazy. Especially when I rotate the drone.

Gimbal shake flying sideways with rotation
2019-4-5
Use props
mintburger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2523097 ft
Switzerland

2019-4-5
Use props
djiuser_cFQoom97kYyh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106906 ft

Any news on this?
I got my mavic 2 pro three weeks ago and have the same problem. Not often, but still very upsetting!
Has DJI reacted in any way yet?
2019-9-26
Use props
djiuser_3GIn6QBTcKNv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6778 ft

-
2019-10-2
Use props
djiuser_3GIn6QBTcKNv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6778 ft

Ive got the same problem did anyone solvethe problem?
2019-10-2
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Too bad about the problem, nice videos.
2019-10-2
Use props
fanse2995c0f
New
Flight distance : 559974 ft
United States

I've the same issue generally, I also have the gimble vibrate significantly when it is supposed to be idle and forward facing. Looking closely at the camera I can see it shake visibly, it reminds me of a cell phone being on vibrate.

The moment I start the motors to take off however the gimble becomes still.
If I move the aircraft to cause the gimble to move off of the center point the vibration stops.
Sometimes when flying the gimble goes haywire and the camera moves about on its own, regardless of winds.

Hopefully a fix will be found soon or something.
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_4YofezkU4q2Y
New
France

Hello,

I have the same problem ..... any news ?

Thanks
2020-2-5
Use props
BPlanet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136529 ft
United States

Same problem. Clearly this is an issue that needs to be resolved.
2020-2-5
Use props
VivaTheBoss
New
United Kingdom

Hello,

Following my shaking problem, I made several manipulations in order to resolve my problem.

- Drone reset with the DJI asistant 2 application
- Resetting the command with the DJI asistant 2 application
- Reinstalling the mobile application (android)
- Test with an iphone 7
- IMU calibration
- Cablibration of the gimbal
- Compass calibration
- Test with a new battery
- Test with new propellers
- Test at different altitudes.
- Test on the 3 modes (T-P-S)
- Test with different video formats

Despite all its operations carried out, my problem persists.

So I contacted my reseller who indicated to me that he had a prenium contract with DJI and that he will be responsible for solving my problem.

I will keep you posted as soon as possible.

looks.
2020-2-6
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the problems don't disappear, you guys need to RMA your drones before the 6 month period is up otherwise you won't get your drones fixed for free.  I had to RMA the M2P and DJI Goggles in which they have replaced it with perfect ones.  I have many other products requiring No RMA.  They will give you a prepaid label but you need to give them invoice of where you purchased it from.  If you bought it second hand, you probably will have to pay up.
2020-2-7
Use props
Jarrett Greco
lvl.1

United States

Any update to this? I just bought a Mavic 2 pro with the same problem.
2020-2-15
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

There are few posts about it. My workaround here
2020-2-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced